BREAKING! Odds of Life on Newfound Earth-Size Planet '100 Percent,' Astronomer Says!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

Holy hell, dude. The Pessimists Anonymous meeting is the third door on the left. You should check it out.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I was just having some fun with those last few setences, but seriously, the planet may not even exist at all. To me that's pretty messed up.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury1984
Odds of an astronomer making statistics up without any verifiable evidence: 100 Percent! I mean, really, the star system is 20 light years away from Earth. We haven't found life on the Moon, Mars, or any other heavenly body. You can't go around making these claims without proof, or at least a shred of evidence. Just because there's an Arby's in town doesn't mean people are guaranteed to eat there. The parking lot will be empty 100 percent of the time. That statement is backed by actual observation!

ahh Maybe we have been already there at Gilise 581 by some Other means say like 30 to 60 years ago..

let alone Mars , Europa , Saturn's Moon Titan or the so called ALIEN Said SO!

Well did Pout say were he's from K-PAX ? Maybe a REAL Alien Show Them

K-PAX Star scene Start at the 2:10 mark to make it more interesting

Or how About a Contact Remembering a Alien Star Map that Stanton Friedman was Even Convinced

Betty Hill Star Map
BETTY Barney Hill Star Map of Zeta Reticuli

Link to that ( Video with Stanton Friedman )
www.metacafe.com...

In Sept 1961, Betty Hill saw a starmap during an alien abduction. The map had 3 core star systems: Zeti reticuli 1, Zeti reticuli 2 and Alpha Mensae (3 close yellow sun solar systems) branching out to 3 more yellow sun systems: Sun/Earth, 82 Eridani and Gliese 86 (3 similiar sized yellow suns). Other star systems were also indictated like Tau Ceti, etc as trade or exploration route

THE ZETA RETICULI INCIDENT

Visible Light Spectrum
by Terence Dickinson

www.gravitywarpdrive.com...
edit on 14-10-2010 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
LOL ITS GONE

They have lost it or, rather, they cant find the planet again...

GLAISE is MIA

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Beyond this discovery, I truly believe that in our galactic neighborhood there's a slurry of life supporting planets that our government is aware of, and actually uses. Cool thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
This is the greatest story since we landed on the moon. Disclosure is imminent with the UN and Vatican onboard ....

If the Vatican has anything at all to do with a new planet, new life... then I am not interested. Cos if there is a chance that either organisation would go and set up there... then I would not go at all.

And really, how dismal... The UN and Vatican are onboard? = they have knowledge about it and are ready to 'disclose' the knowledge?

BS. Two of the most corrupt organizations in the World. I wouldn't trust anything they 'disclosed'.

Pfft, I reckon that is one of the reasons other life forms have not made contact with us...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
According to a Swedish newspaper this new planet cannot be found anymore. Has it moved from its orbit, or been abducted ?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Or, never existed in the first place...?!?!?!?!

There could have been a dramatic accident in that system. As i understand there were
more than 2 planets within the zone..Maby a colide or something.....

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The title typifies the clowns that ruin ufology. They hear a rumour that there might be a habitable planet other than ours and that turns to, 100% chance there would be life which then turns to, were not sure there is actually a planet there. Absolutely hilarious. We all want aliens to be there. I think some people are trying too hard.

Calm down.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
reply to post by rajaten

Wanna bet?

This thread will fade into obscurity. No disclosure is going to happen, no aliens are here. Nothing is what will happen.
Bet on it.

I agree with you but I'm going to have to say that I bet your bet that nothing will happen after the first bet when nothing happens. I bet that planet has a smarter brain than the scientist researcher who found it. The planet is laughing at him for thinking life exist

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Exoplanets FTW. I just cant believe after all these years, we are only now developing methods to view and discover habitable planets. One day we may just see a space station orbiting one of these exoplanets or some ships around one of em. In any event, nice thread! Thank you.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Maybe the planet is its own UFO. A planet/space ship?

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

The headline you used makes it sound like there's absolute proof that there's life on this other planet...

The quote, directly from the astronomer is:
"Personally, given the ubiquity and propensity of life to flourish wherever it can, I would say, my own personal feeling is that the chances of life on this planet are 100 percent," said Steven Vogt, a professor of astronomy and..."

It's not a fact... it his personal feeling that there is a 100% chance of life. Personal feelings don't make it fact... because I was 100% certain that it was going to be a clear day today - when I went to bed last night... and it's raining now.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Oxygen found on Saturn's moon Rhea:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The lead up to disclosure gets closer.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I wonder if this new planet is in a recession and has a government taking away all of their rights also?? If this planet can be lived on, I want to be first in line!!!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
I wonder if this new planet is in a recession and has a government taking away all of their rights also?? If this planet can be lived on, I want to be first in line!!!

if it dosent our government will just corrupt it...they can have earth i agree with you if its habitable we the citizens should own it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
This is the greatest story since we landed on the moon. Disclosure is imminent with the UN and Vatican onboard, is it time to re-evaluate your skepticism to realign yourself with the present reality??

What in heaven's name does an article posted 8 months ago have to do with

a) Breaking News
b) Disclosure
c) The Vatican
d) The UN?

Unless you just woke up, tt's not breaking news at all. Disclosure has to do with the government admitting what it knows about aliens already being here. The Vatican has long been on board admitting that extra-terrestial life is possible. And the UN? They're clueless on everything else. So they've got yet another committee.

So they find a planet 120 trillion miles away that might be able to harbor life (or might not, if you read the article) and that jusrtifies all this breathless jubilation?

It is, in my view, inevitable that there is life elsewhere. Inevitable. It is inevitable that we will "find" an "earth-like" planet that CAN harbor life. Inevitable. This one, BTW, may not be it. And that life might be microbes. Even if the life on a planet is just like ours, we're not going to be visiting each other any time soon, what with that damnable speed of light thing in the way.

It does not logically follow that Disclosure, a political act, is about to take place.

And as far as "breaking news" I just got a couple of cans of oil delivered via UPS and the box was stuffed with old newspapers. I threw them in the garbage, but I'll bet if I go retrieve them I can find an old article I can post here as "breaking news."

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There is no way with our technology or any imagined that we can get a clear visual picture of any solid body planet in orbit around a star, we conjecture the existence of such things by 2nd hand information of star dimming, wobble, and such, and ecological (elemental) signatures are highly subjective based on our known planetary principles, simple fact is we never yet imaged a terrestrial planet anywhere except in our own solar system, and that has proved to be a surmountable accomplishment so far. Pluto next up to finally see in 2015, and we have to be real close to see it.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

by 2015 we will have a Probe rocket about 4.6 billion miles from earth and it was lauched in 2000...explain that...you cant other than a torsion field, We can go farther than you think i have a thread on torsion fields if you guys want to look them up they explain how space/time travel is posible and how time/space manipulation is posible.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

Its called Gravity Assists from Jupiter FYI. If you think we have achieved space warping or FTL (Faster-Than-Light)etc already then we'd already be exploring and sending probes to other Stellar systems(Stars, Solar-Systems,ExoPlanets). Were not even close yet unless we have some sort of breakthrough in physics and science.

Why do you think we need warp drive to get to pluto again?

WIKI LINK

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join