It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Odds of Life on Newfound Earth-Size Planet '100 Percent,' Astronomer Says!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

It a planet of an Earth like size sitting in the so called *Goldilocks* zone. That means there is a huge chance there could be water. If there's water on a planet in the Goldilocks zone the chances are, under current main stream exobiological thought, there should be life. It might be only single celled, but the chances of life being found there are considered large enough for the guy to make his statement knowing he is backed up by current thought.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Once upon a time, the Earth was flat and in the center of the Universe..

As of 8 September 2010, astronomers have announced confirmed detections of 490 such planets

490 planets in our vicinity 490...

It seems that planetary systems once thought rare are more common place than we dreamed of.

Water, the necessity of life... That too is everywhere. Europa is a water moon, NASA finds water even on our moon and now we see it confirmed in several of the exoplanets we have discovered

490!!!

Sometimes, when I see the posts of the skeptobunkers, I can make a case for lack of intelligent life on Earth

:shk:

edit on 29-9-2010 by zorgon because: Mooooo

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Stating that we've found a world which may, or may not, be habitable for life, based upon our own needs, is short sighted. Just because it might work for Earth based life seems irrelevant to me, other than to suggest that we might have found a place ripe for us to colonize. The very nature of life, as we understand it, relies upon diversity. It could turn out that the majority of life, elsewhere, is nothing like life on Earth. We could easily be the exception and not the rule.

So to assume that life must exist there simply because this world seems to resemble some characteristics with Earth seems like flawed logic to me.

Is there a chance that life could exist there? Sure. Is it by any means definite? In my opinion, no.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

well, it seems that harppy has teamed up with elf and by the looks of it,they will actully try to bring into the text of life aliens for the humans !

And it will all start on the next MIND movie that comes out before 2012.
Yea !and by the frequncie change that the "Inception movie" did to the mind as well as this new movie [The event]..there building up to it.

building up to what ?

what ever can be thought can be created and there are certain people that no how to customized the future with the %s of thoughts.

Just like the worlds going to end in 2000 myth '1999.but what happened was they took bits and pieces of every ones fear IN THE WORLD IN THE COURSE OF 10 years.

SOOO saying that harppy and these elf things are going to give us aliens?

no u idiot humans are basicccally going to wish them in

no,no ,no There going to use what u think to creat what can be created if enough brains all think at the same time what is being thought less created in real time frame.

What ever that meant ill just leave it there.

do your own research, u really wouldnt understand,i have 234 and counting of these events happening.
Start with the movie "End of days',did u see how long it took before katrina and that awful tsaunami to happen ?
The movie the taking of phelham 123.Within 2 weeks, 9 people dead in dc IN WHICH was the first in Wahsington dc EVER,1 WEEK AFTER THE WAHINGTON DC INCIDENT, SANFRANSISCO incident ,all the way acroos the world trains was crashing ..why because of that one commerciel scene, when u see the train crash.
June 12th the movie was realesed
Jun 22, 2009] in washington dc 9 dead after the first ever in the historys metrorail system.

On Friday, September 12, 2008, Los Angeles experienced one of the worst U.S. commuter disasters in recent memory. At least 25 people were killed as a result of the Metrolink train crash in the San Fernando Valley that left well over 130 people injured.
List of rail accidents (2000–2009)
Guess what im saying is..Becarful what u wish for,exspecially with millions of people.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
edit: nvm... ^^^^ above post just ruined my post.

but WOW! That is crazy!!! look at the date on that thread (above post) Holy jeebus o_O

edit on 29-9-2010 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The quickening is at hand! Rise up fellow ATSers! Embrace the final battle of the fourth age!

edit on 30-9-2010 by rajaten because: because

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
What about Saturn's moon Titan? It has ice, water, and weather patterns almost like ours. Although it is extremely colder there scientist are almost certain there is microbial life or possibly something more. The reason I say microbial life so confident is that we have found microbes on the moon, mars, comet dust, etc.

It's getting well known that life can exist just about anywhere given the right few chances. I mean come on, mosquitoes can survive in the vacuum of space.

So, scientist find water on a planet like Earth, odds are there is "some" form of life there.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
let's send Halliburton there to build a Walmart.
they gonna be our slaves!
let exploit their natural resources (oil, gold and silver first), then let's pay 20 bucks monthly for their 16 hrs per day jobs.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Wow. At last a class M planet. But not to worry guys. It's too far away for America to invade.

tt

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raumrabe
What about Saturn's moon Titan? It has ice, water, and weather patterns almost like ours. Although it is extremely colder there scientist are almost certain there is microbial life or possibly something more. The reason I say microbial life so confident is that we have found microbes on the moon, mars, comet dust, etc.

It's getting well known that life can exist just about anywhere given the right few chances. I mean come on, mosquitoes can survive in the vacuum of space.

So, scientist find water on a planet like Earth, odds are there is "some" form of life there.

That doesn't count dude. Titan is in our solar system. Sheesh.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten

UFOs heading for earth?

Doom imminent?

I took a couple minutes to study this vid. The first point of light comming out from behind the moon is a star. It does not move in relation to any of the other stars in the vid. The second one is a star. It also does not move in relation to the stars. The blinking effect is from the curvature of the moon and cosmic dust/particles bending light from a star behind the moon or very near the edge.

That is my de-boinking answer. But who's to say that ships cannot stay in one place in relation to stars, or to use the cover of the moon to hide and be caught by the bending of light around the moon.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
They don't even know if the planet has H2O or not. They know it is rocky, and has enough gravity to maintain an atmosphere, but they don't know what gases that atmosphere is composed of. Also, the planet faces its sun like our moon faces us: one side is in perpetual daylight and the other is in perpetual night, so the only habitable area is the in between zone all the way around the planet. That zone is probably several hundred miles thick. If there is life on this planet, they would be interesting life-forms indeed. Now we just need to develop FTL travel so I can visit this planet (forever).

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Ahh, ITF, there you go breaking up the gloat-party again. Don't you realize were literally only minutes away from full disclosure of intelligent aliens who are visiting us now that we've found an earth-like planet in a similar orbit?

They've basically just landed in your backyard and you just refuse to see it. Hopeless!

Hey that picture of the huge-mon-gus "dwarf" sun seems way too close to that planet to be occupied by anything other than frisky fire people.

tt

edit on 30-9-2010 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by chips
ATS - 15-5-2009: Laser-like signal coming from Gliese 581e???

No that was an error... it was an article that mentioned Gliese 581e in the same article as the signal. The actual signal came from Tucanae. I wrote Dr Bhathal about that

Originally posted by zorgon
UPDATE

Have that reply from Dr Bhathal

Hi Ron

Thanks for your email. I think a couple of people from the European press made a mistake and associated my work with the work on extra-solar planets. I am carrying out a search for ETI in the optical spectrum. We are looking for laser pulse signals from outer space.

The signal we detected came from the southern constellation Tucanae. Please find attached the signal for your use in your publications.
We are still in the process of trying to figure out whether it is an ETI signal.

Cheers.

Ragbir

edit on 30-9-2010 by zorgon because: meh....

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Wait can any astronomy genious e plain whats the difference between giesel 581e and 581g. Because SETI detected a signal from giesel 581e not too long ago.

link   

Originally posted by rajaten
1) The UN appoint an ambassador for first contact!......

Simply because they realise that there are other planets that *MAY* support life out there. It's not because they're expecting it, at least in my opinion.

2) U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects leading to an event at the Press Club in DC that was covered by the MSM

And thats been news for donkeys years, I've seen footage of a UFO (Unidentified - but damn freaky if real) manoeuvring over a facility. This was at least 15 years ago.

3) Vatican’s astronomer says he’d love to ‘baptise an alien’.....

Well, I'd love to see what the vatican has hidden away tbh - so anything they blurb out is interesting, but I don't hold any faith (no pun) that it has any meaning.

Now if we tie in this sudden dramatic change in the exposure level of the ET topic with the second article possibly targeted for release to induce fear surrounding nuclear vulnerabilities with the Iran Nuclear Facility Stuxnet threat: www.aftonbladet.se...

I see a carefully designed string of events designed to lead us towards accepting certain actions by certain agendas for the future. Specifically I see this fuelling the empowerment of the US government to implement their 'Kill Switch' for the internet for control and tyranny purposes. And the fear that is being artificially built surrounding nuclear facilities will facilitate war with Iran.
(Internet kill switch:
www.smh.com.au...

Stuxnet vulnerability: www.techworld.com.au... )

Possible wild card: False flag event using an Alien invasion or attack on our nukes to justify large scale military deployment or the kill switch...

I see threads being tied together in blood and fear with the chess pieces being put in place for a carefully controlled agenda leading up to 2012.

edit on 29-9-2010 by rajaten because: link

Ugh, I stopped reading after you mentioned stux.... please, stop counting 1+1 as 5....

Ok, you have your view, I have mine. We can agree on that - I'm still with the other guy, no disclosure is coming... 2012 will even come and go, and yep... we'll all still be stuck living out mundane boring lives desperately seeking that elusive "OMG FINALLY" moment when something happens..

link   
Holy cr45 things are getting interesting.

Sorry olddragger, but I think years of disappointments have turned you into a cynic..happens..oh well.

Anyhow, 100%..great..will probably be some microbes and perhaps primitive plant life..maybe some small animals given they would have to basically live on a little ridge of their climate desire...but still...very cool

now, detect some artifical signals coming from there and I am going to buy a crystal. heh

nice find...exciting times in science we live in.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
umm.... isnt that a bit of a stupid comment?

''theres a 100% chance of life''

there's a 100% chance I'll win lotto and marry Cal Wilson.....

unfortunately, its not very likely.

OI!! Get your hands off Cal...

She ... does things to me... Oo

Now *THAT* is disclosure lmao...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join