It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Odds of Life on Newfound Earth-Size Planet '100 Percent,' Astronomer Says!

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

What an amazing response by the White House Press Secretary, Robert Gibbs.

Wow. Just Wow!

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

I'd like to kick in that smirk on his face. Good ole boot smashing.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been added but if not, take a look-see (I guess they forgot to tells us) And THIS my friends is how 'disclosure' will come about. They are going to 'find' something opposed to 'telling' us they've lied although I think they're going to 'find' something on the Moon (or another moon/planet) as well.

Does ET live on Goldilocks planet? How scientists spotted 'mysterious pulse of light' from direction of newly-discovered '2nd Earth' two years ago

An astronomer picked up a mysterious pulse of light coming from the direction of the newly discovered Earth-like planet almost two years ago, it has emerged.

Dr Ragbir Bhathal, a scientist at the University of Western Sydney, picked

www.dailymail.co.uk... l#ixzz11So9Eexf

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
reply to post by rajaten

What an amazing response by the White House Press Secretary, Robert Gibbs.

Wow. Just Wow!

Your "wow" was sarcastic, right? He spent more time talking about the 'time' than he did answering the question.

Man, I hate it when they smirk yet utter: 'I take this topic seriously'.
Oh really? I wonder how he behaves at a funeral.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
well lets be honest here if you believe that we are the only living thing out there in the vast coldness of space then. i think you need a head check.

life on other planets is a defo.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yep I was being sarcastic. Theres another video i've seen where he had to explain to the media why Obama suddenly left a scheduled meeting to have a secret visit with the bilderberg group. This guy comes along, cool as a cucumber and made everything "go away".

Their agenda is deceit. They have much practice.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Poor Robert Gibbs, used as the sloth to take all the weight form the public, especially when a year or two ago Obama was supposed to be on a flight with all the media invited and when they close the planes door, no site of Obama! Had to take all the medias crap!.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Not sure if this has been added but if not, take a look-see (I guess they forgot to tells us) And THIS my friends is how 'disclosure' will come about. They are going to 'find' something opposed to 'telling' us they've lied although I think they're going to 'find' something on the Moon (or another moon/planet) as well.

Does ET live on Goldilocks planet? How scientists spotted 'mysterious pulse of light' from direction of newly-discovered '2nd Earth' two years ago

An astronomer picked up a mysterious pulse of light coming from the direction of the newly discovered Earth-like planet almost two years ago, it has emerged.

Dr Ragbir Bhathal, a scientist at the University of Western Sydney, picked

www.dailymail.co.uk... l#ixzz11So9Eexf

Problem here is that the article isn't correct.

The 'signal' was detected as emanating from the constellation Tucanae (which is nowhere near Gliese 581)!
edit on 7-10-2010 by big_BHOY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raumrabe

Originally posted by trailertrash

Originally posted by Raumrabe
What about Saturn's moon Titan? It has ice, water, and weather patterns almost like ours. Although it is extremely colder there scientist are almost certain there is microbial life or possibly something more. The reason I say microbial life so confident is that we have found microbes on the moon, mars, comet dust, etc.

It's getting well known that life can exist just about anywhere given the right few chances. I mean come on, mosquitoes can survive in the vacuum of space.

So, scientist find water on a planet like Earth, odds are there is "some" form of life there.

That doesn't count dude. Titan is in our solar system. Sheesh.

I hope my sarcasm radar is correct, because if not then...lol

Yes that was sarcasm but of course the whole point of interest in the original topic header was that a planet in another solar system was being evaluated. This is a new area of interest which seems a lot more exciting than a moon of Saturn.

tt

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

Only time will tell.

Time will tell.

I hope so, and I also hope that disclosure will not be on TPTB's terms- I also believe that the Brookings Institute report (which advised against disclosure) was a tainted fraud and that the majority of people will not fear any otherworlders, unless of course these extraterrestrials are hostile and they are in control of this solar system and that we have no defense against them, or at least that is what TPTB want us to believe, so they don't lose their power dominion over this world.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

This is NOT the greatest story since we landed on the moon....I think the movie the planet of the apes was a far better story than this one .

But Its still interesting . If we have a lot of snow this winter . I bet the space ships will have a hard time landing

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Good for us I guess. Now we can say we weren't created in God's image, But the Universe itself was.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Odds of an astronomer making statistics up without any verifiable evidence: 100 Percent! I mean, really, the star system is 20 light years away from Earth. We haven't found life on the Moon, Mars, or any other heavenly body. You can't go around making these claims without proof, or at least a shred of evidence. Just because there's an Arby's in town doesn't mean people are guaranteed to eat there. The parking lot will be empty 100 percent of the time. That statement is backed by actual observation!

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
wow!!

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought that the reason other civilizations dont bother with us is because of the way we are.
Humans are on what you would call a "galactic" time out. in the past humans were probobly more advanced in technology but didnt play well with others. After bieng exiled from maybe another planet from what i can say was maybe a war the survivors made it out to earth and started over again. This would explain why "god" in religious books always seemed to try to kill off populations or take the advancing ones and keep them from going any further. No other species was to make contact provide info or help in any way. When we started the nuclear tests they said "ohh crap" they are starting again. Recent ufo sightings suggest that they know what we are capable of doing and to avoid another repeat they know that some species have been here on earth and they have two options kill all of us or if we can play nice get out of time out. This would explain why god had to use a nuke to blow up sodom and gammora or mojenhadaro in india that had vitrified glass and radiation.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Doubt Cast on Existence of Potentially Habitable Planet Gliese 581g

SOURCE

Francesco Pepe, an astronomer who works on HARPS data at the Geneva Observatory, said at the IAU meeting this week that his team could not confirm the existence of Gliese 581g.

Wow. Seriously...

So these "scientist" get everyone excited about this magical planet in this hypothetical zone and the truth is they aren't even sure if it even exists at all.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Juan520

We all just need to:

edit on 13-10-2010 by rajaten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

I've just started a thread about this, I didn't see your post before I put it up, and I have another source for it… it does make me wonder why it was announced to the public before it could be irrefutably identified using the many instruments we have...

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wow, the conspiracies just fly out of this story, no? Let's reel it in a little, nutters.

Anyway, while scientists need empirical evidence to announce definitive findings on any subject matter, I find it amusing that they act surprised that life might exist elsewhere, as though this stupid rock we're on has the only chemical makeup that could support life.

I'm no scientist, but I'd bet real money that life in the universe is the rule rather than the exception. If conditions are favorable, life will exist. I think this dude is right on the money.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
He is compleatly off his rocker and not on any money. What most are missing here is that he is saying there is a 100% chance of life. As mentioned by somone else in this thread that's like saying "definately maybe". It's like saying there is a 100% chance that lightning will strike me dead at 3:33 Sept. 7, 2033. Yeah, there is a 100% chance that it will happen but the probability is right next to zero.

So, he would be making a correct statement that there is a 100% chance of life on this planet if it wasn't for the fact that there is a 100% chance that the planet doesn't exist at all. (See my post a few up from this one.) So if the planet may not even exist then his statment is not correct. He's just a compleate doink and should never work in any scientific field ever again. I say we burn him at the stake after we sterilize his children.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31 >>

join