It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING! Odds of Life on Newfound Earth-Size Planet '100 Percent,' Astronomer Says!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by havanaja

Could be one more thing...it could be an Illuminati ploy yet again...they use words to blatantly rub it in our faces and this is just one more senario and i am suprised peole didn't it in a few of my former posts.
look at the the planetary system and the name of it.

gLIESe

not saying that gliese does not exist it is just that it is somthething they word use in such a manner. just to many coincedences going on that are so out of the ordinary for the MSM.

IT would be a great discovery but if something is to good to be true...it probably isn't

edit on 023131p://f05Friday by plube because: speeeeling

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

Yeah, a fictional message. The government or whoever "they" are, are not the ones making the TV shows and movies. All that happened was Star Trek started a subcultural fixation on aliens, and other tv shows and movies are expanding on it. I'm just saying, all you are seeing is a pattern.

That would be just like me watching the movies/shows The Time Machine, Primer, Back to the Future, Futurama etc and saying that there is an ultimate message about time travel.
And before you start to suggest that we have that technology, if its even possible, we definitely do not. And if we did, we would know it.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truther101
reply to post by Larryman

But come on!!!! we are advancing, clearly, by using the VASMIR we can go to mars in 39 days as opposed to 4 years!!!

That VASMIR "39 days" don't beat the 'three hours' of this method:

"Welcome to Mars express: only a three hour trip"
news.scotsman.com...

... which also states '11 light-years in 80 days'. How long would it take VASMIR to traverse 11 light-years?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Larryman

umm....As per the article you attached:

Professor Jochem Hauser, one of the scientists who put forward the idea, told The Scotsman that if everything went well a working engine could be tested in about five years.

As opposed to NASA already having an engine built and functioning, and a contract with the creators of the VASIMR to have it implemented into the ISS by 2014. NASA.GOV-VASIMR

Great find though!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Several here - pro & con - prove an interesting point. "Nothing is True" - until some government and academia-backed 'Scientists' say it is.

I for one - am not going to let anyone dictate to me what my opinion is - no matter how dark & cynical their outlook is - no matter the level of ridicule they direct towards me. That tactic is older - and packing more stench that a dinosaur fart.

Do folks out there truely believe that there are Scientists of any credibility - that have free reign to 'discover' and dissiminate whatever & whenever they choose? Next they'll be telling me that the C.I.A. has nothing but our best interests in mind.

I do agree with one thing, though. When folks get as old and jaded as some posters here are: They indeed will also abandon all hope - and stop believing in anything beyond dread and dispair. With that mindset - we should just destroy the Earth now - and spare eveyone the misery.

Myself - I continue to pursue endeavour. The rest can place a call to Dr. kevorkian, for all I care - because their spirit truely is dead.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Andy Lloyd fictional Ezekiel One novels with our sun as "The Eye of Ra" and this Gliese system certainly would work for "The Eye of Ra" and the Annunaki home-world.

I honestly thought that Gliese 581g had been announced several years ago. But at my age time is becoming meaningless. It is a positive though to have more people pay attention to the things of space ... even if the elites have their own intention to use anything and everything as the basis of seizing control from others...

A good day and blessings to all who seek!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rajaten

This planet find in itself is not as important as the fact that we found this in about 15 years of planet search. This planets existence allow for the existence of possibly billions of planets in our galaxy just like it and possibly the same amount of planets more like our own. Which could mean that life in our galaxy could be quite widespread.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten
This is the greatest story since we landed on the moon. Disclosure is imminent with the UN and Vatican onboard, is it time to re-evaluate your skepticism to realign yourself with the present reality??

interesting... thanks for sharing this! This type of stuff makes me wonder if the Nibiru rumors are true, even though there is very little evidence for them. Maybe we will find out sooner than later

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Earth will evntualy reach its use by date, so, knowing that there is a new planet out there with similar life sustaining ingrediants (water, possibly life breathing air, basically a similar climate to ours) then, i will be one of the first to say, can i go to (no joke). Iff you have ever had a life after death experiance, then, you know there is more to life than earth.

regards
st thomas

edit on 1-10-2010 by st thomas because: needed to spell check

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Just wanted to pop in and give a link for an interview with the planet finding scientist that I found to be interesting:

The astrophysicist who discovered.....

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
This whole discovery correlates to what we found on the Moon/Luna. We found huge derelict ships on the far-side. They contained so much ancient artifacts like you would not believe. A huge controversy was created because of this:

Apollo 17 Image Derelict Ship

You should add this to the list of disclosure. Because this is very relevant to this discussion.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Kratos40 because: Half of my post belong to a different discussion. I just wanted to catch it before the moderators did.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kimwarrior

Very good observation. I think that is what is going on. Sentient beings on other planets are starting to realize the same thing we are, and are trying to reach out. But like Hawking said, we have to be careful. I for sure do not my trust neighbor, even though she is 80 years old.

Just my thoughts....

edit on 2-10-2010 by Kratos40 because: because I missed a word. It happens when you are tired and anxious.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

The so called illuminati no longer exist. It was an old fraternity that died out 200 years ago. Just focus on the significance of this finding. Do not compare it to human frailties. Just observe it as is.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Anyone else notice the distances of the other planets from G being very similar to the scene in Predators where they look up at the sky and realize they are not on earth? Makes you think twice about V/Predators/Anunnaki/Reptoids.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eli43

Yeah, a fictional message. The government or whoever "they" are, are not the ones making the TV shows and movies. All that happened was Star Trek started a subcultural fixation on aliens, and other tv shows and movies are expanding on it. I'm just saying, all you are seeing is a pattern.

That would be just like me watching the movies/shows The Time Machine, Primer, Back to the Future, Futurama etc and saying that there is an ultimate message about time travel.
And before you start to suggest that we have that technology, if its even possible, we definitely do not. And if we did, we would know it.

Wow.... You need to Open Your Eyes.

First, the people in charge of Media companies are the ones calling the shots.
The one's who green light movies and tv shows.
The one's who controls the content they want you to see.
A director dont show up to a movie/tv studio and gets what he wants.
The studios are the ones with the scripts in hand for them to direct.
You only seeing whats in front of you. You not looking behind the scenes.

Second, Media/Entertaiment companies are a maze of network.
The CEO's that run those companies have ties with everybody.
Politicians, Goverment, and other Corporations. Take 'Disney' and 'Time Warner' the world's two largest entertainment companies. They pretty much have 80% of the people in the U.S. brained washed.
If you have time check this video out. The video is not the best in the world and the narrator's voice dont really fit, but you'll get the Idea.
www.youtube.com...

Third and Last thing.
Part of the reason why things are speeding up is becuase of the whole 2012 event that's slowly trancending.
Many people all over the world is waking up, specially the younger generation. That's also part of the reason the dots are being connected.
The Mayans called this " The Evolution of Consciousness" you should read about it, it's interesting.
Here is another video explaining that.
Evolution

edit on 2-10-2010 by magestyk7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Cant add more to that comment.

Its just pure truth buddy

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This might have been said by others (I don't want to read 25 pages of comments to find out), but the claim of the scientist saying the chance of life being 100% is not as straightforward as is being claimed.

What the astronomer said was that, because of a few scientific facts about the place, it would make sense that there is life there.

Ultimately, he is saying: Given the circumstances and location of Gliese and Gliese 581g in relative similarity to Earth and our sun, and since WE have life, then he sees no reason that 581g wouldn't hold life.

A rough comparison would be "Well, that man is 6 feet tall, weighs 180lbs, and he can lift 300 lbs on a benchpress. So, every 6 foot tall, 180lb man should also lift 300 lbs."

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cuthbert

Nothing is explicit. It never could be, imagine if you woke up and found yourself in a foreign land where you didnt exist and when you tried to think you couldnt. Such is the challenge of fighting the present reality for the masses, if you cant put together the pieces of the puzzle then perhaps you weren't meant to.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Gliese is a given name after an astromoner, Wilhelm Gliese,

www.space.com... spaceheadlines+(SPACE.com+Headline+Feed)&utm_content=Google+Reader

who mapped the general area of a red star, which includes the newly dicovered planet. Voyager 1 is the fastest moving object as from Earth and it would take thousands of years for it to reach a 20 light year distance. That's about it as far as the, "us humans" side of it. I am sure that most scientists in the field would be more concerned to forecast in advance the chances of us being able to "move house" from our Earth to somewhere else, or even if we have time to do that. To throw in some aliens from other worlds, is but a complication.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join