It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Do It Yourself Thread (for SHTF Scenario)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Tnis thread does need more attention!!!

I have to admit, after it starting, with solar cooking..I was hesitant...this is going to be one of "those" threads.

I am very glad I made it to the vids, and kepy reading.....TY
I like the down to earth "know how" stuff, tools and such can be made, much better than I expected!! This is very practical and if nothing else will at least get ppl thinking out of the box, and for themselves.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I want to thank you all for the responses. I wanted to make things simple, easy, and inexpensive. I look forward to adding my info.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here are some PDF's that can be helpful in case of in emergency. These can be printed and put in a zip-lock bag, and put with any emergency preparedness things you may have.

www.redcross.org...

Also please remember that you can add or subtract any of the information to fit the needs of yourself and your family.

I would also like to add some pdf's for particular emergencies, but as I said all of the info is useful, and its always better to be prepared.

Earthquakes
www.redcross.org...

Flood
www.redcross.org...

Heatwave
www.redcross.org...

Hurricane
www.redcross.org...

Oil Spill
www.redcross.org...

Pet Safety
www.redcross.org...

Power Outage
www.redcross.org...

Tornado
www.redcross.org...

Winter Storms
www.redcross.org...

Preparing for a drought, this you can copy, paste and print.
www.redcross.org...

Also I will try to get some medical information, that can be printed, just in case.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Here is a PDF to perform CPR, and recognize other types of medical issues.

This one is for adults
www.dshs.wa.gov...

This one is for infants
beprepared.net...

Here is an extensive PDF for First Aid, you can look through it and print what you need, very informative, and great to have for all medical emergencies.

First Aid
Emergency care for the injured
upload.wikimedia.org...

BTW this is for just in case there is no medical personnel available. I would not recommend for people to perform medical procedures without training. This is to include with the other pdf's.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I would like to add, the Boy Scout Handbook is a great all around survival book. It has first aid, fire making, shelter building, poisonous vs edible plants, knot tying, and tons more information. You can probably find a used one at a garage sale somewhere really cheap.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is good timing as well because I live in Lancaster County, PA and Gov. Rendell just declared a State of Emergency, ordering PEMA to activate Emergency Operations Center!!

I'm including a link, so bare with me.... there's a first time for everything.

www.wgal.com...

If it works, there are a TON of pictures sent in by local viewers!! This is crazy weather and now we added a Tornado Warning to the list!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you can look over some of the things that I posted, again here is the 1 page PDF for floods www.redcross.org...

Please keep yourself safe.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I wanted to post a pic of the rocket stove/pit/bbq that I built myself. This was made with cinder blocks, old bricks that were given to me, and old oven grates. I just wanted to help with some ideas of what you can do.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thanks NRE, nice to see there are still good posters around here.

I'll be meeting some of my fellow UK preppers this weekend, I'll see if we're up for a brick-stove...

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by IrishCream

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you can look over some of the things that I posted, again here is the 1 page PDF for floods www.redcross.org...

Please keep yourself safe.

Peace, NRE.

Thank you NRE, I did and actually have up both flood info and tornado info. That is what prompted my last reply.

Good stuff, good stuff!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Get used to being stinky,walking or riding a bicycle,and eating anything you can find no matter how revolting it may be.
Those of us who can do this will survive.
Forget technology,that is what made you helpless to start with.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
My first post is what one has to do to conserve their survival supplies they already have.
Save "easy",for when times are actually "hard",you don't know that you will even have a space to build you stuff if it truly gets bad out here.
Be ruthless when you have to,be fair when you can,be human always.
What the heck does that mean?.
Hmmm..

edit on 30-9-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
If we are hit by many solar storms our electrical grid could be all but destroyed. So how are you gonna extend the shelf life of these veggies you are growing, this is but one idea that is quick and easy.

Now if you live in a area with high humidity this will not work, however if you lower the humidity and increase the temperature near your zeer pots they might work if you place them near a large cob oven with a enclosed area these might work in all climates.

just a few thoughts I thought I would add....

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Thanks you for your participation in this thread, I love the idea of being able to have a place to keep food fresh, I'm going to see if I can buy a clay pot and make the same thing.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have been through advanced survival training. The one thing that keeps going thought my mind about any SHTF incident is "I hope I NEVER have to use what I learned". One thing is for certain, I had a very good time in training and learned a TON, but I also learned that it will TOTALLY SUCK if I ever had to rely on that knowledge.

I keep wondering to myself if I actually want to survive the incident or just move on with the rest of the humans that die during. Tough to answer. Death is just another door, so I'm not too sure.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thanks NRE, S&F for you! I rarely come to this forum but fortunately it made the front page so it got my attention and I came to take a look. I'm impressed with the information you've put in here and it's a great idea to print out and store some of the directions/blueprints.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thanks a lot. Bookmarked for future browsing.

For the guy that wants to know how to cook his cat if things get bad (>.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
and wrap a hay bale or two for patio tomato or potato growing, add a little dirt...water a little, it helps the roots go good

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
S&F
Thank you very much for the always useful and applicable information, It will serve me and my family well.

Peace

~sly~

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Spirit Warrior 11:11

Death is not a door,it is an inevitability.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join