It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis and free falling

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
OK this is a rather odd experience I have once a week at least. I used to think it was in my head, a sort of sleep paralysis dream or some thing, but since Ive recently gotten married, my wife now tells me it is physically happening.

I go to bed at a reasonable time, and start to drift off to sleep, but before I hit REM sleep which I believe is when you are supposed to start dreaming, I see myself or feel myself rather, floating above my bed. Its like a dreamy sort of sleep. And then suddenly I am cut loose and feel like Im falling a great distance. I wake up and I am physically pushed down in the mattress as if there is a great weight on me pushing me into the bed. As I wake up I feel myself spring back up out of the mattress and my stomach feels like I just went down a big drop on a roller coaster.

My wife says that if she is still awake, she hears me breathing normally, then I sort of exhale all in one breath and she sees me sink into the bed. Then I inhale and spring back up.

I am just wondering if anyone else has this experience and if so is there a medical reason behind it or is it something else?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
But have explaination for it whatsoever.

Have you ever been at the point where you are half awake and half asleep... in other words, you are cognizant of what is going on around you but are unable to interact with it? You are literally paralyzed where you lay?

I recall one point, while napping in the afternoon, the alarm clock sounded to wake me up but I was unable to move despite my best efforts. It took what felt like ages to regain any control of my muscles although I felt like I was straining, much like lifting a weight that is too heavy for you. I felt mentally awake but trapped in a body that longer functioned.

What in the HELL is that? What causes it? Anyone???

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i don't have any links or refs at the moment, but im sure there's plenty of info out there on the net. i think you're both describing two different situations. the first (original) post sounds like something caused by sleep apnea.. i've heard people who suffer from it chronically describe similar feelings.

the second (regarding paralysis): when your body goes into REM sleep (when you usually dream), your brain secretes a paralytic chemical which prevents your muscles from actually moving in accordance with the signals transmitted in your dreams (this is what prevents sleepwalking, or rather, sleepwalkers have an imbalance or problem secreting the chemical). many people (myself included) wake up from dreams and find themselves completely unable to move for a few moments. this is because the chemical is still present in the body so soon after dreaming/REM sleep.

hope this helps at all

koji K.

JAK

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Top post koji_K I agree totally with your Sleep Paralysis explanation.

I've evperienced Sleep Paralysis before a few times. Sometimes even still stuck halfway in a dream. It would have been very unnerving, were it not for knowwing waht was actually going on.

I was trying to move, to make a noise even but I couldn't. I am very thankful I knew what exactly what it was, otherwise I would have been terrified. Might even have been led to believe I had an abduction experience, but it all had a rational explanation though.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I did not know that. I must have some type of inbalance in the gland that secrets that chemical as I have suffered through bouts of sleepwalking as well.

Moreover, I was dialgnosed about 10 years ago with sleep apnea, although my symptoms are slightly different than those mentioned above. I just generally stop breathing and begin to choke, which often wakes me up. Several doctors have attributed it to a combination of allergies and a "Weak" trachea which often "Collapses" while sleeping. Several years back I tried two different medications and neither worked, in fact, the side effects were far worse than the problem itself.

Thanks guys, this is actually shedding more light on my sleep disorders than a decade of doctors vists

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well actually when I was younger I was a sleep walker but that ended when I hit my teens. And only once do I recall waking up and not being able to move. It was early in the morning and my dad had gotten up to get ready for work. He left some toast in the oven while he took a shower and it burned triggering the smoke detector. The sound made me snap out of sleep but I couldnt move. I freaked out and started yelling, but then it was like my body snapped back to me and I could move.

But if what I was originally describing was apnea why did I get pushed down in the bed? That is what is so weird to me, is how I push down into the mattress. I used to snore when I was overweight but Ive been on Atkins for 10 months and Ive lost 78 pounds. My wife says Ive stopped snoring, but strangly enough this is happening more often now than when I was overweight.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I wasn't in your shoes when I first experienced a serious bout of it. I was TERRIFIED!!!
Things like, "Maybe I've had a stroke" or "I've been abducted" or "I'm being possessed" or "I'm having some type of out of body experience" flittered about in my head. It was truly a strange experience.

JAK

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Spot on kozmo.

As I have said I was fortunate enough to have heard about this state of paralysis before I happened to experience. Even then though I was apprehensive to say the least when experiencing it for the first time.

I can only imagine the thoughts that might have rampaged through my head, had I no prior knowledge of such a thing. Even with an understanding of the condition, the time I was still half dreaming was very worrying at first. To be in such a state, between dreams and reality, can be disconcerting in itself. To find yourself then unable to move a muscle or even utter a single cry - well, truly a singular experience.

It is because I know about such a thing, and have experienced it myself - not frequently only about four maybe five times and all within the last few years - that I lend an ear to many abduction/paranormal claims stated in a similar vein with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Jack

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Any body have those dreams, where you are swinging on a swing, and suddenly you start to fall backwards off of it, and you jump and wake up? I always have those, and one day, theyre just gonna give me a heart attack.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME AND ALSO HOW I OVER CAME!

I SAW MY GIRLFRIEND BEING RAPED BY A DEMON!

My girl frind was raped by demons in our bed in front of me! She tried to tell me prior to this event that it was a regular occurance, but I just brushed it off as bad dreams. She first told me about it like this, we had broke up and she went back home to live with her parents. One day we were on the phone and she told me a story, she said that strange �things� have been happenigng to her at night in her room, she did �not� say they were nightmares. I thought to my self, she should a stayed with me, but then the plot thickend, she said her mom came in her room to do some sort of weird mojo. I being of the Christian faith tend to be a bit skeptical about mojo�s so I sort a brushed it off. Any way, she said that it was happening night after night repeatedly, and that she was scared. That was all there was to it until about a year later, wich during the duration of, she came out in the open and expressed that she had been involved in �the craft� voodoo to be specific, and that ever since she was a child, she was chosen by a mojo, sort of s�ance or something, done by her parents, out of her siblings. all so often, as we here about �the craft�, SRA was involved! sra is satanic ritual abuse, almost always involving sex and the conjuring of � I don�t even want to write it, but in her own words, she said that roots of plants, sex molestation/rape and boiling pots of some kind of concotion water or soup of some sort were involved during these ceremonies. Now of course I thought that this was all bad, but the reality of the repercussions that are involved in such things had not yet presented itself manifest in the physical world for me to witness �yet�. So then it happened. One day, or night I should say, while I was sleeping, the was a ruckus in our bed. Now my girlfriend always was the type to sleep peacefully in my bed, she never tossed and turned , pulled the blinkets off me, snored, or hogeed the mattress, etc. for sleeping I considerd her a perfect partner. But the night in mention was akin to a pultregiest movie. It all started with the bed shaking violently, enough to wake me up. As I was facing away from my girlfriend (back turned towards her) I opend my eyes and herd a voice say to go back to sleep. I guess tired as I was I followd the suggestion (note; it was not her voice that said it) the next thing again a violent shaking of the bed. This shaking was an up and down motion as though somebody were having sex in our bed while I was in it! This was the second time I was awoken and susiquently iritaded me a bit as I did not apriciate being disturbed not only once but twice. Again there was a suggestion that I don�t wory about it and go back to sleep so I did. NOW IT HAPPENED. The bed shook up and down with all sexual commotion type activitie so now for the third time I was awoken and as I turned over a feeling of evil and jelosy came over me there was a suggestion made to me that my girlfriend was fantasizing about somebody else (this before I even completed the roll over to face her) as I was filled with this horrible evil felling (presence) I LOOKED AT HER! There she was eyes wide open staring at the celing with a gastly look on her face, her legs were spred open im a missionary position she lie flat on here back. Un responsive and in coherent. Frozen. I mad a coment to the effect of the suggestion that I heard that she was fantasi?zing about somebody else. I said something like �good I hope your happy � or something like that. Then I rolled back over and went to sleep. It realy bugged me out. It was like she was soulless like the lights were on but nobody was home. She once told me that after here and one of her x boyfriends broke up that she did voodoo on him and it worked. Well as the age old adage saying goes; what goes around comes around. Eventually we broke up and I got to experience first hand the nightly visitations of these beings the would come and rape me, I know it sounds funny but there would be female ones and male ones. I would wake up in the middle of the night and I could sense the evil I would be frozen and there would be dmons festering about me some times I would be violated sodomized and would have pain In my rectum even after awaking. This spured a fury in me after all how can you fight an enemy that you cant see? I attributed these phenomenon to incantations or ill begotten feelings of my ex girlfriend and possibly even her doings her self, and oddly enough I turned more towards church for an answer. I went to the local church and talked to the preacher. I told him everything and. He seemed to be some what educated about these matters. He pointed me to the church book store wich had several books outlining the topics mentioned. My main concern was that if I am a Christian how come this is happening to me? He asked me on good question that would lead me to the battle grounds of spiritual warfare. THAT QUESTION WAS� �who do you think is running the kingdom of the planet earth right now?� I said God, right? Well as it turns out THE PRINCE OF THE POWER OF THE AIR. Is having his hayday with man kind and has been ever since the fall in the garden when mans kingdom was upsurped by the serpent, in the garden. What dose that mean. Well for the most part we were screwed. Until the victory on the cross. So why then are we still getting whooped. Most people don�t accept the victory as their own or question even its existence and validity, but none the less its there. There was a story about prisoners of war (supposedly true story) in a nut shell. The war had ended with the enemy surrendering in defeat. The president of that country issued a statement for all prisoners to be released. But at certain pow camps in the wilderness word had not been spread to. There were a few special ops dudes who were sent in to rescue the prisoners. But because of the terrain and wilderness you could not just send in tanks and trops and stuff to disarm the pow camps so what they did was drop paratroopers with copies of these offical leters of unconditional surrender, one camo in particular where a couple of these special ops dudes infiltrated into the gave through the bars or cages to the pows a copie of this letter to one particular general or ranking prisoner. This prisoner in turn demanded to see the camp highest ranking official who upon review of the letter and confirmation there of not only imidiatly released all of the prisoners but surenderd his very own sword to the pow who presented this letter. (you war reaseachers may have already herdthis storyu and know exactly wich one it is that I am talking about if so please confirm or post link/ war hereos) the hig ranking officer who presented the letter of course went down in history as a hero and the story was a big one probably not hard to find if you research for it. THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS�that even if were are being raped abused and tourtured to death by the manifestations of this world we have already won the victory it is only ours to claim and you can only claim it by faith. So I read the bible and my fight against the un seens and evils that lurked escalated. You would think that like in the movies where the dude fights Dracula and whips out the cross the enemy flees but CONTARE MONSUAIR these species realy do put up a fight it may last for days it may last for weeks or even months. They may leave and come back (relaps) one one occasion two demons came In the night on much stronger than the other the weaker one attacked me and the stronger one just observed! It was like training day or something. SO WHAT HAPPENED. Well I started a regimen of prayer and nightly bible study (it like vitamins) I don�t realy care what any body has to say because seeing is beliving. I SAW MY GIRLFRIEND GET RAPED BY DEMONS ! the prayer regimen worked. It also helped signifigantly to writing on the walls with scripture on it especially the words in red. Now I don�t know if this effected my faith. Or was just akin to putting a sign that say don�t steal in the isles of a stor where thieves frequent. Either way it worked and over the years I have learned more about these types of occurrences. WHY DO THEY COME? You might ask there are many reasons, one of the most common is family traditions or involvment in �the craft� these beings can lay claim on generations of offspring through the acts of your parents their parents and even craft practiced by great grandparents. Its like title to a property. Other reasons include but are not limited to, profuce masturbation, or even masturbation, a death on the property that you live on resulting from murder or any other number of things, the residence you live at or land you live on being previously used and aloceted to sprits for the purpose of craft, other people practicing �the craft� around you etc. additionally space alien ubductions fall right into this category. So if you want to comment about me making this up or just any other thing like you have a friend that this happens to or even it happens to you , I would first recommend reading these links . apperantly thousands of people are coming forward about this . it is an embarrassing topic to say the least , but not one that goes without valor for discussion and contemplation, THE SEXUAL DEMONS ARE MOST COMONLY REFERED TO AS INCUBUSS (the male demon) and SUCCUBUSS the female demon sprit) if you wake up frozen or paralyzed I don�t care how many pills the doctor tries to sell you you migh want to take this seriously as a way out. If you try it and it works (faith) that is, as it did for me the you can bear witness the waking up paralyzed is often attributed with a presence be it ghost a �sense �of fear or sense of evil or other uninvited presence this is a natural built in defence mechaninsm you can tell when people have ill intentions to hurt you when you awake and you can tell when theres an evil presence when your asleep, if you got alarms going of then that�s a good thing that means there good in your spirit to tell you there bad out there trying to mess with you. Some people love to fight and see these phenominom as something special or their god or whatever this is most common among �the practicing community� and no offence intended but I like to just be a �surface dweller�. Ther are many books written about this subject so ITS NOT JUST ME OR MY OPPINION. And now the moment weve all been waiting for�� THE LINKS. Here is the link about incubuss and succubus basicialy a type of poltrigiest phenominom that can manifest phisacl for and move things in our physical realm, slam doors, move your bed rape people, inflict pralesis of willing unwilling and unfighting victims, and even cause harm and pain whith physical reactions, women report vaginal discharg and I myself have even expirienc rectal pain after being �succesfuly attacted� this of course before my Spiritual warfare campaign. Now the links YEA HERES THE LINK FOR INCUBUS Incubus

For centuries, women and men have reported sexual attacks by unseen entities as they lie in their beds. Are they victims of demonic, psychological or medical disturbances? paranormal.about.com...

Now how to fight! First it helps to turn to, and I know this is goona sound all biblical and what not, but you need to accept the victory on the cross as your own, otherwise you could be in for a serious and frustrating defeat but blah blah blah here are the books you need to get rid of these things

YEAH BABY this is the book here this book teaches about how what your parents did our what you do that makes you particulary �choice cut� for these entities and of course how to brake the mojo!

www.amazon.com...=1088118792/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-3696407-4834356?v=glance&s=books

7 used & new from $8.50

Don't have one?

Strongman's His Name...What's His Game?
by Jerry Robeson, Carol Robeson

this one, and its REALY, REALY, GOOD!!

The Bondage Breaker -- by Neil T. Anderson

www.amazon.com...

theres one more book that�s super duper good
but none of em will do you any good with out faith
you can research this stuff all day. I went to buy every book on spiritual warfare that there was but only three realy were effective. Some will encourge you to call up demons and cast them out of people but I strongly advise against this. The repercutions could be nothing short of tragic this is not a hoby or a sport. It is a real thing this post is for people who don�t understand why there getting choked out at night waking up frozen or getting their souls booted out of there body by demons it is a scenario where yor sprit is evicted from your body if it is an unwilling OBE or astral travel or whatever you wana call it. Some people specialize in this sort of the and take it for fun like a water slide. Nut to each is own

8 used & new from $8.00

www.amazon.com...=1088119656/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl14/104-3696407-4834356?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

The Handbook for Spiritual Warfare
by Ed, Dr. Murphy

YEA! ALL RIGHT! I REMEMBER IT. This is the second to last spirtual warfare book youll ever need! this book is scolarly to the max, but in every day laymans terms a, ninth grader could read it and understand it! I think the foreword is sorta in depth though cant quite remember BUT!!! With these three books and of course let me not forget, A �KJV Bible� and faith and salvation. These books will give you a back ground and answer all your questions about whats happening as well as give you fail safe measures and incite as to �how to whip major demon but� cancel out/reject alien abductions, kick the freeze demons out of your house, and get a good nights sleep. As well as stop un invited OBE (out of body expirience) not that one should (invite it to begin with, just my oppinion)

These three spiritual warfare books are all youll need (aside of a KJV Bible to cross reference and check) to become a �Special Opps� and reclaim your life from this false defeat for those of you who suffer from all types of symptoms and don�t know where to begin I know how you feel it can be scary confusing and embarrassing. The discussed events can com unannounced for no apparent reason and tear your life apart. You might think your even going crazy and have friends and family even make fun of you or ridicule you. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! There are thousands of us JUST LIKE YOU. I am posting this because I know the pain, the embaresment, the loss and the deception, I know the searching for answers a futile roads that lead to nowhear, I spent if not thousands on every book that I could get my hansds on to deal with this situation. Situations similar if not just like yours. So with that said. May his Victory be your victory!

Mathew 11:5 KJV The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. 6 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

Aditional research links on the topics discussed.

SATANIC RITUAL ABUSE AND ALIEN ABDUCTION

www.alienresistance.org...

THE BOOK OF ENOCH (DISEMBODIED SPIRITS SENTENCED TO ROME THE EARTH UNTIL THEIR COMING JUDGMENT)

www.amazon.com...

NEW ABDUCTEE TREND (BRAINWAHSING)

members.aol.com...

THE COMING DECEPTION

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days -
and also afterward - when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them ...
they were the heroes of old, mighty men of renown...
But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord..."
Genesis 6

UNDERSTANDING THE SPIRITUAL STRUGGLE TO BRAKE THE POWER OF SATAN

SLEEP PERALISIS �THE OLD HAG THEORY� AND HOW TO MAKE IT STOP

(THANKS ATS, From Inspectagato_Speculato!)

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Holy Moses that was a long post, very interesting but next time please use indentations or something. Anyways I think it is a bit off topic, I dont think I am being raped by demons in my sleep. I just feel like Im falling. I too am a Christian (Southern Baptist) although Im not a devout one.

JustanIllusion: Yes that is the way I feel when it happens, sometimes I dream I fall off a cliff or out of a plane, or sometimes Im not dreaming at all, just kinda floating.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I gotta agree with zsandman on this... not daemonic, by any means. Supernatural? Well, at times it certainly feels that way but I am inclined to think that it is much more physiological/psychological than anything else especially based on some of the posts that followed mine offering explainations.

Thanks for the input though. I found many of those links very interesting reading. Not necessarily on topic for this thread, but interesting none the less.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah it happened again last night, this time I did kinda dream, I was falling off a cliff. I probably set my self up for this one by talking about it, I put it in my subconcious, and it pulled it out as good dream fodder. So I fell and woke up just as I was about to "hit the ground" ya know you cant kill yourself in a dream, your brain wouldnt accept it, so you wake up before it happens. I believe the pushing down in the mattress I expreience may be me locking my knee caps and arching my back like my body is expecting an impact.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ya know... When I'm falling in my sleep, I actually jump in bed. My wife has complained about this to me several times. I have, in fact, alerted her to the fact that she does the same thing.

After this thread started I decided to spend a little time on th einternet and found out a few worthwhile things about this sensation. One is that it is purely physiological... and could be caused by a limb falling off the bed, a drop in blood pressure, a sudden drop in ambient room temperature among other things. Another school of thought says that this is psychological and goes back to our primordial roots... when we used to swing from trees. A more advanced theory is socio-psychological... meaning that these dreams are triggered by our fears of losing social status. Pretty interesting stuff. In any event, EVERYONE experiences this type of start when they are awoken from a "falling" dream.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
OK good, Im not feeling so weirded out by this anymore. Its just I had never heard anyone talk about it before, so I figured I might be having some sort of episode.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I haven't had that feeling in years .

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
We had a little convo. on this topic earlier.. as stated in the thread it happens to me occasionally and freaks my wife out!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have suffered from sleep paralysis occasionally in the past. It always happens when I fall asleep on my back. I'll drift off and begin dreaming immediately. At some point early in the dream I stop breathing. It doesn't take long for me to become conscious of the fact that I've stopped breathing and I usually 'wake up' while not breathing. When I say 'wake up' I mean that I become mentally conscious of my lack of breathing, but cannot move my body to begin breathing or anything. I usually actually wake up seconds later with a huge gasp of air.

Apparently, it's quite unnerving to someone in bed next to you to have your sleeping partner sit bolt upright in bed and gasp like they just came up from a breath holding competition in the pool. It usually freaks me out too, but I can fall back to sleep pretty quickly afterward.

The wierd thing with me, though, is that if I don't 'reboot' my brain, when I go back to sleep I have another episode and wake up gasping again. I learned that if I sit up, open my eyes wide, look around the room and shake my head to ensure that I'm totally and completely awake, I can fall back to sleep without having a second sleep paralysis event.

Originally I thought I suffered a form of apnea and even called the effect 'terror sleep' for a number of years because it would terrify me. I found from the dailyconfession.com website that I was suffering from sleep paralysis after reading other folks confess similar experiences.

I always wanted to go to a sleep research institute to have someone actually monitor me and provide me with an official diagnosis, but the events are too few and far between to expect that I'd suffer from it under observation so I gave up on that. I've always wondered what would happen to me in a sensory deprivation chamber though.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The first time that I had sleep paralysis was when I was 11 years old. It would occur sporadically thereafter.

The first time it occurred was in the morning. My cousins were taking a flight back to CA and had left at 6am on a Saturday Morning in July. After saying goodbye I went back to sleep (or at least thats what I was trying to do). What lay in store for me would make me question a lot of things. I got into my bed and closed my eyes but after a few minutes I started to hear something. It was a single voice laughing at an almost inaudible volume. I opened my eyes to see what it was but I didn't see anyone. The laughter got louder and louder and suddenly there were multiple voices laughing louder and louder. I was looking around everywhere (so I thought not realizing immediately that I wasn't moving my body). My eyes dashed where they could with no sign of people. The laughing got so loud that it was nearly deafening. I tried to yell repeatedly but there was no sound coming out of my mouth and this is when I realized I couldn't move either. As the sound grew louder and louder, I tried frantically to yell harder and harder until I blacked out/passed out and woke up 2 hours later.

That was the first occurance of many. It got worse before it got better. It happened enough times that I finally figured out how to "move" forceably with a lot of strain occuring though.

I recently read about it more on various websites.

Recently when I was having another episode, I decided to not try to forcibly "move" my limbs but instead I chose to be calm and "see" where it would take me. I thought to myself that I would be alright and to just go with the flow. Well I must say that it was not bad at all. I found myself seeing nearly every picture that I have taken with my camera for the past 3 years.
It happened again two weeks ago and I did the same thing (going with the flow realizing I was "stuck" but not getting frantic) and I found myselfin the backseat of a car driving through my neighborhood. It was very clear and relaxing.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
the experience like the alarm clock one has happend to me a couple of times. I find it happens to me more often when i sleep in positions that are slightly uncomfortable and cause me to wake up earlier than i normally would have.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join