It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American voters are ignorant, bigots, special interests, xenophobes, whiners, etc.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

~~~~~Alert, Alert, Alert~~~~~

Revisionist history in effect!!!!!!!

~~~~~Alert, Alert, Alert~~~~~

January 07 the Democrat Party took over the purse strings of the US government.

Tell me again what that means?

edit to add-

Stay on topic folks.
This thread is about politicians calling voters Homer Simpson,
not about revisionist history.

edit on 29-9-2010 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

So your argument is that you need to "Read between the lines" to see the secret slurs against the Tea Party?

Just like liberals saying that you need to "Read between the lines" to see the secret racism of the Tea Party?

I hope this is intentional irony!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

It's interesting that Obama has approved state budget shortfall loans. It seems the Federal Government now has those states under its thumb as debt slaves. So much for states' rights!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

How can you say I am reading between the lines. I bolded the components where he states the anger is misdirected.

Also the darker statement. Sorry, no need to read between the lines.

It is right there out in the open. Maybe you should read it again.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

I would agree with your statement here. So the states cannot sell anymore bonds so the Federal Government comes in to bail them out. Hmmm, I wonder how the states are going to pay that back?

I wonder if the plan is to RAISE state taxes. I wonder.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
In all the posts i see saltheart on here, he just comes across as an anti-democrat republican shill. Sorry, but the fact of the matter is that if on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being helping shrink government, and 10 being making it grow massively...the republicans are at about....27. Keeping in mind that the democrats may be anywhere from 26 to 28, well, you get the point. Doesnt matter which party, every single administration continues to massively grow government, add more burdensome and costly laws, revoke more and more rights and freedoms. And to the comment that "Obama gets his support from the Unions..." WRONG. Obama, and the democrats, get their backing from the same people the republicans do. Big pharma, Health insurance, Big oil, Big agro, and Big banking. And these will be the same groups the Tea party turn to as well. In fact, many of the people in the tea party (who used to be republican candidates) are already financed by such groups. Yes, in the republicans, there may be 2 men of integrity, and the democrats I think can claim 3. Thats about it, and thats all we will ever have as long as we have finance driven elections and lobbyist driven legislation. Never expect any concern or representation for the citizens from any of these groups until this happens.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I saw the thread title and thought I could check some boxes.

A politician will never get elected using these terms. We all know politicians lie and these adjectives strikes too close to home for most.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Yep, Republican shill. /s

Still trying to push that Dem Repub division?

I call out those in the Repub party also. If I was in Arizona, I would vote against McCain.

Ooooh, that does not fit into your descriptor though does it?

Sorry, registered non committed. Have voted for both Dems and Repubs in the past. About 4 to 7 ratio. Did not vote for either McCain or Obama. Both were the same. Notice how McCain has turned 180 on the immigration issue and also his incumbent protection bill McCain Feingold was a piece of crap legislation. At least the Scotus got that one right.

But, I guess the way to win an argument is to not debate the argument, just sidestep it.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Regardless of what Prez O has actually said as to what he implied, its obvious he and his supporters play the race card constantly. This is how the administration is getting away with just about anything as they use racism and bigotry as a defense to any opposition or criticism. Anyone with any intelligence should see right through these tactics.

Car ter states Obama critics are racist

Michelle Obama cries racism to NAACP about tea party and other opposition.

edit on 30-9-2010 by AzoriaCorp because: fix

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I don't vote my conscious. I vote for the wealthiest most opinionated and the ones who buy the most air time. The issues are of no matter to me it usually is the best looking candidate that gets my vote.
reply to post by SLAYER69

Man Slayer I totally understand about the whys you chose to vote. Well I of course agree with all the why's.

I can't understand the how? I have never been able to give any of them a yah!

To actually prefer one on a ballot that dosn';t even count is to much for me. Even more so if it does count.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I wasnt even entering the debate, just felt moved to add in a comment because of how obnoxious you come across in your posts. At any rate, I do not like obama, and i think he is the same as mccain, so at least we can agree on that....plus mccain feingold was a horrid bill. But as far as the comments you guys here are attributing to Obama and Biden. Well, its obvious that certain news sources have twisted a tactful and heartfelt criticism of the faults of the system, and turned it into an attack on the intellect of the greater american populace. Sadly, while this is NOT what obama or biden said....it is indeed touching on the truth.

It is not that USans lack intellect. It is that they are inducted into ignorance, through sweeping nationalism, through a culture that sees nothing worthwhile outside their own borders, and through an education system that teaches little real history, but instead some wondrous fantasy world, where american soldiers are always heroes, american enemies are always evil terrorists, our leaders pass laws for the common good, not for greed, and all our freedoms were granted us by a benevalent congress, not fought for by the left and lower class working groups.

Of course, you can all shout "this is not ME" and im sure its not....however it is the vast majority of americans and voters. Most cannot name three countries we are fighting on the ground right now, cannot name the VP, secretary of state or defense, cannot tell you the date of the civil war, or what it is really about, or any real details of WWII, or the reason for vietnam, what the "bay of pigs" was, or water gate. Sadly, the older generations (those in their 70's) seem to know more about much of this than later generations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join