It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe It Is Ever Right To Break The Law?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Laws are written to penalize people for one stupid mistake by someone a long time ago.
I do not like paying for the mistakes of others past.
Intent is too seldom seriously considered.
Common sense is nearly never included in the final sum of the equation.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I absolutely think it is ok to break some laws, however I feel that choosing what laws to break or not break is dictated by circumstances. For example... Hurricane Katrina.

If I was stranded in the city with no electric, no water, no food, no shelter, and no help in sight.. you can better believe I would have been right there with all the looters you saw on TV. Only I would not have been stealing TV's and stereos, I would have been looting food, water, ammo, firearms, and any gear I deem essential as I attempt to make an escape out of the city. My right to survive trumps any Government's law any day of the week.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I break the law CONSISTENTLY. They're all fake. It's all legalese. If you know the truth you know that money, ownership and laws are a front. It's the real life Strawman Illusion. I'm going to post an hour long video discussion on the break down of law and legalese and if you can prove one section of what he says wrong I'll never post in forum about laws again.

video.google.com...#

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by Death_Kron

With more and more laws passed on a daily basis is more or less inevitable that a law will be broken. Such as here in my home town law states we must fire 3 rounds of bullets before passing a specific intersection. Well. Being a felon, that would be breaking many laws. Lol. Other then silly laws like that, we the people are so repressed and held down by laws, laws that are now, not for our benefit, but to collect revenue for big brother, big bully... Whatever. Its a control thing for another. Other then constitutional laws, others just seem to tell us how to act. (I mean... Its not even my own choice here in KS, to use my seat belt) ultimately its taking people more away from self accountability!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Its ok to break the law for revenge only.

Yes.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have a respect for law and I follow a code of conduct. That said, if you feel the gvt who creates and enforces the law is itself hypocritically illegal, then in my mind all of their laws are void. Would you respect the rules of a criminal? This doesnt prevent prosecution though!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think it's absolutely ok to break the law. That doesn't mean I think murderers and all sorts of other rascals shouldn't be put in prison. But if you've never done anything like, swim in a reservoir, have a bonfire without a burning permit, break the speed limit, smoke pot or have sex before your 18th birthday just because "IT'S AGAINST THE LAW" then I don't think you really understand why we have the laws.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Nothing is true and everything is permitted.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
To directly answer the question posed by this thread...

Yes, I break a law every day. The Speed Limit law. The highway that I take to get to work is posted as
65mph. Most of us cruise along at 70 to 80mph. Got a ticket in 1992, but it was no deterrant.

-CWM

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Ummm, the statement, "the law is the law" is also devoid of any meaning. Redudancy does not, of itself, define itself. In the context that you provided it only seeks to establish authority without definition and with condescension irregardless of intellect and with malice. I can never quite wrap my mind around blind obedience and a desire to be "controlled".
It's abundantly obvious that within the confines of grouping, there are certain boundaries dictated, not, by an officialdom, but by consideration.

YouSir

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
depends on the law
I would never comit a private property crime of any kind tresspass, theft,vandalism or anything like that
but when I see public lands with keep out signs ....um lets just say ...

or if there is a law that says I can't help wildlife because someone said they were endangered or they are a pest ...I don't care about such laws

same goes for helping people I don't care about liability blah blah if I am in situation where I am the only responsible responder I will respond

I will also grow vegetables if I damn well please

I have been known to get into 'illegal' trouble for the right reasons oddly I have never been charged with anything..so to those who don't trust their local authorities just keep in mind they are people too and if you are standing in the right you may end up with more support than you realize.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by YouSir

The code ("the law") is indeed meaningless without an external point of reference or guide. Itself it is just words in a book. Where it fails to be applicable in any sane or sound way, the law is the law.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
www.gutenberg.org...

WALDEN,

and

ON THE DUTY OF CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE

By Henry David Thoreau

Mr Thoreau said it better than i ever could.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Only if its oppressive , unjust or idiotic...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
at time i would say it is. its may not be okay but if its needed then why not? i think its also called civil disobiedence.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It thoroughly depends on the situation and the law...

Is it okay to speed through a populated area? No of course not, that is never justified for the ordinary person; but what about outside of town on a nice clear sunny day on a long empty straight road? Why shouldn't I go a little bit over to save some time?

Similarly, every time we pull to the side or make some manouver to allow an emergerncy vehicle pass we are comitting the act of 'dangerous driving' (at least here in the UK) as you are not actually obligated to do anything special to allow them past. Though it is surely okay to do so as you are only helping an emergency vehicle reach its destination sooner.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It depends on what 'laws' you are referring to.

Common law - No.

The corporate statutes that are referred to as laws - Possibly depending on the circumstances.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
If by breaking a law, you will save a life and/or wont be physically/mentally/financially harming a person or entity, that is when breaking the law is "okay".

reply to post by Frankenchrist

That is ridiculous. That is the entire reason some laws exist in the first place.

edit on 3-10-2010 by inivux because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join