It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6th Generation US space planes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The US has awarded northrop grumman a contract to build and test parts and specific engines that might be used in a US space plane looks like only a matter of time before we controll space to
I think with this tech we will be ahead of everyone including russia!

www.spacedaily.com...

The service hopes to use the demonstration to identify and mitigate technical and financial risks associated with developing and deploying a military space plane, an operationally responsive space vehicle that could launch payloads into orbit within hours of identifying a new mission requirement.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
great find

Wow, this is amazing! Can't wait for a prototype.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The funny thing is, by the time news like this is released, they are already done with said project and starting a new one

Can any one say Lots of space based lasers!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I recently wrote an article about this for the call-for-entries contest: The USAF/ DARPA FALCON program

The plan is to build a Hypersonic Cruise Vehicle(strike plane). This unmanned aircraft would be capable of taking off from a conventional military runway and striking targets 9,000 nautical miles distant in less than two hours.

It will be developed in two parts with the Small Launch Vehicle (SLV)/ Common Aero Vehicle (CAV) expected to be complete by 2010 and a Hypersonic Cruise Vehicle (HCV) expected by 2025.

The USAF/ DARPA FALCON program read it!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
AMM i think so too by now they probably have one and dont want the world to kno

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Can anyone say Arvo Arrow!!! This idea is an old one and I think it obvious that other craft have been made that come close to achieving the altitude to project things into space but to actually enter orbit thats pretty cool!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Wow, I can't wait to see this tech develop.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
they already developed it they just don't want you to know like AMM said if they made it public they already have it.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
The funny thing is, by the time news like this is released, they are already done with said project and starting a new one

Can any one say Lots of space based lasers!!!!!!!

Yeah absolutely! Many people say that other countries are catching up with the US at this field. It is true in a way. They are catching up to what is already been done researched by the US and now we are moving on to other projects.

join