Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

A Final Warning To All

page: 84
224
<< 81  82  83    85 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenwithahat
Some of the things you say make sense
only, you say it like you are crazy....which doesn't really help your case!

But, it is true about religion and things like that being invented by man and keeping us apart (only, you keep talking about god...which is strange? what about the multiple gods? or is it only YOUR religion is the real one? which, would really hurt your case again).

Basically, you just have to think about how you deliver the message. It is as important as the message itself!


Yeah, the first three paragraphs is a total waste of time, all to explain why you're not telling us your name. The rest is just flowery nonsense explaining how god's will is for us to love one another. If this were truly god's will he wouldn't have given us the capacity to hate.

It's really time for schools to teach exactly what a human is, why he thinks and feels the way he does, and what role this animal plays in nature.




posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by WhisperingWinds
 

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, you came off all knowing like you have all of the truth, and I want to hear it, that's all.

AllIsOne:
I understand the properties of Hydrogen very well, in fact, I run a Hydrogen/Oxygen Reactor on my truck, I make it using electrolysis. I also understand Hydrogen is not rare, like some say, in fact, it is the most abundant gas on the planet, and will run an internal combustion engine is enough can be produced and pressurized.

Your turn.


I was trying to show you that your statement that "truth" is always subjective is wrong. There is absolute truth!



posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne
 


There is absolute truth!

Of course there is, but there is no absolute truth in the Bible, too many translations, and Bacon and Dee's handiwork make that an impossibility.
That is what I thought we were discussing here.



posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by AllIsOne
 


There is absolute truth!

Of course there is, but there is no absolute truth in the Bible, too many translations, and Bacon and Dee's handiwork make that an impossibility.
That is what I thought we were discussing here.


Where is your proof that there are multiple gods and goddesses?

Because they answered a prayer?

Many prayers and miracles have been performed by the Christian God, who you claim doesn't exist..



posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I pray to the Divine Mother. I cannot count how many prayers have been answered for me. I also noticed if I give thanks to the Great Mother for my meals, I seem to always have a meal to eat. Just the other day, we needed some money, right? We all got together and said a prayer to the Goddess, and within hours, three computer showed up, kept me busy for a few days, and provided us with three times more than we needed. So, we gave away some to a friend in need.

By comparison, I had a group of 5 Christians standing in my yard last Summer, attempting to "convert" us to Christianity. After having a discussion, in which the preacher in the crowd asked me wasn't I afraid of going to Hell? I told him the origin of the word, and that the Hell he envisioned did not exist. He got really mad, as Christians tend to do when disputed, and he asked the rest of his little flock to pray for me, and for Jesus to show me the real Christian Hell, and even to hold me over it so I could experience it first hand. This is a true story, now, crap like this you just cannot make up. So, the prayed, and they prayed, and I stood there, arms crossed, smiling at them all. I noticed the preacher kept peeking to see if the prayer was taking effect, which it wasn't. They all left in disgust. The next morning I got up to find religious tracts on my door from their church, and in pen it said, you are going straight to Hell.

Well, I am still here, if that tells you anything. I know the Gods do not answer prayers, really, it's human will that does the trick.



posted on May, 21 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench
 





So, the prayed, and they prayed, and I stood there, arms crossed, smiling at them all.


Yes, I can picture it in my mind, considering you ooze such love for humanity .


My gut instinct is that you embellish stories to suit your purposes.



posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I pray to the Divine Mother. I cannot count how many prayers have been answered for me. I also noticed if I give thanks to the Great Mother for my meals, I seem to always have a meal to eat. Just the other day, we needed some money, right? We all got together and said a prayer to the Goddess, and within hours, three computer showed up, kept me busy for a few days, and provided us with three times more than we needed. So, we gave away some to a friend in need.

By comparison, I had a group of 5 Christians standing in my yard last Summer, attempting to "convert" us to Christianity. After having a discussion, in which the preacher in the crowd asked me wasn't I afraid of going to Hell? I told him the origin of the word, and that the Hell he envisioned did not exist. He got really mad, as Christians tend to do when disputed, and he asked the rest of his little flock to pray for me, and for Jesus to show me the real Christian Hell, and even to hold me over it so I could experience it first hand. This is a true story, now, crap like this you just cannot make up. So, the prayed, and they prayed, and I stood there, arms crossed, smiling at them all. I noticed the preacher kept peeking to see if the prayer was taking effect, which it wasn't. They all left in disgust. The next morning I got up to find religious tracts on my door from their church, and in pen it said, you are going straight to Hell.

Well, I am still here, if that tells you anything. I know the Gods do not answer prayers, really, it's human will that does the trick.


I'm sorry those people treated you that way. I hope that if you have contact with them again it will go better for you. And for them.



posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench
 


I love the example! It is a classic case of Christians who don't know their Bibles and word meanings and how, because of it, they are extremely ineffective at putting together persuasive arguments



posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AdesteFideles
 

Well, haven't seen any conversion experts in awhile, after the visit I posted, a group of Mormons came one evening. I attempted to engage the nice looking woman in conversation, but sadly she saw the star about my neck and and came to the conclusion I was a Pagan, and said so. The JW people just walk on by. I guess the word gets out in a small town. In all truth, I love debating with them, or anyone who thinks they know everything about the Bible and religion. Unable to work, it pleases me to debate and argue points of knowledge. But, sadly, debate is impossible with a closed mind.



posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
reply to post by autowrench
 


I love the example! It is a classic case of Christians who don't know their Bibles and word meanings and how, because of it, they are extremely ineffective at putting together persuasive arguments

Yeah, there are lot of those, friend, in fact, there are many in this forum that claim to know all about it. Trouble is, as soon as you show them they do not, they get mad, and begin to insult me for showing them things in their book. Why is that, you reckon?



posted on May, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench
 





Yeah, there are lot of those, friend, in fact, there are many in this forum that claim to know all about it. Trouble is, as soon as you show them they do not, they get mad, and begin to insult me for showing them things in their book. Why is that, you reckon?


Perhaps it has something to do with misconception and not knowing what you are talking about.

I remember reading a thread where you were trying to say that Paul the apostle was the one who told Christians they must be circumcised, and based your whole argument on it.

It was blatantly wrong, and a few had to point out to you that in actuality it was completely opposite.

If you go twisting words around , and put your own meaning to them, you can expect those with respect for the bible to point out your mistakes.



edit on 23-5-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by AdesteFideles
 

Well, haven't seen any conversion experts in awhile, after the visit I posted, a group of Mormons came one evening. I attempted to engage the nice looking woman in conversation, but sadly she saw the star about my neck and and came to the conclusion I was a Pagan, and said so. The JW people just walk on by. I guess the word gets out in a small town. In all truth, I love debating with them, or anyone who thinks they know everything about the Bible and religion. Unable to work, it pleases me to debate and argue points of knowledge. But, sadly, debate is impossible with a closed mind.



You don't like debating, you like mockery, and feeling superior.

It shows in everyone of your posts.

I also have a very strong intuition that you are not "truthful" about the stories you tell us, and embellish them, just as you do with the word of God, to suit your own agenda.

Debate is impossible with a closed mind you say, but you fail to realize how closed your mind is, and how arrogant and self righteous you come across.

Your brand of "truth" might be appreciated more if it was given with a dose of humility.



posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds
 


I remember reading a thread where you were trying to say that Paul the apostle was the one who told Christians they must be circumcised, and based your whole argument on it.

Well, it is in the bible, after all.
"Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole Law. You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by the Law; you have fallen from grace. (Galatians 5:2-4) Of course Paul turned against it later, and began to rail against circumcision. See Galatians 5:11,12. He refers to circumcision as "the mutilation" in Philippians 3:2.


If you go twisting words around , and put your own meaning to them, you can expect those with respect for the bible to point out your mistakes.

Friend, how can one "twist" the words of a book that has been altered and convoluted half to death, after being edited for a year by two of the biggest Sorcerers who ever lived? "Paul" either didn't exist at all, or was played by one of the Pisos, of was just made up by Bacon and Dee. I'll tell you what is blatantly wrong. Your Bible is. From being religious cop, to grand master of the church, from beast fighter in Ephesus to beheading in Rome, Paul's story has more holes than a round of swiss cheese. Of the 22 times in the Bible where Paul is referred to as an "apostle", only twice is he referred to as an apostle by someone other than himself. These two instances came from the same person. Paul's buddy and companion and press secretary Luke. Paul alone names Luke (Colossians 4:14; 2) (Timothy 4:11). He does not mention his own name in the Gospel or in the Acts.



posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Friend, I love to debate. And if you don't like what I write, don't read it. I read what the fundamentalist write and think the very same thing. I am 58 years old, and have been around, as they say. I have seen Christians do things too crazy to post in an open forum. You want to see for yourself? Come on down South, to the so called "Bible Belt." go to a few churches. You will see.






Now I have seen these snake loving Pentecostals myself, and I am here to tell you, you will not believe your eyes at these crazies. Yeah, I am making it all up. Keep on thinking that.



posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   


Well, it is in the bible, after all. "Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole Law. You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by the Law; you have fallen from grace. (Galatians 5:2-4) Of course Paul turned against it later, and began to rail against circumcision. See Galatians 5:11,12. He refers to circumcision as "the mutilation" in Philippians 3:2.


The above is exactly what I am talking about. YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND what is implied at all. Paul never was for circumcision, and that above paragraph proves he was trying to say.."don't live by the law, or you will be bound by the law"

Thank you once again for proving that you are not fit to debate scripture, because your understanding of it is very skewed.


Oh, by the way, I know there are some crazies that are Christians, no need to convince me of that.

I also know there are some crazies in just about every type of belief out there.

I never said you make it all up either, just embellish here and there, or simply misrepresent the true meaning of scripture.



edit on 23-5-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Alright, what is "true meaning of scripture"?
Second line



posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Alright, what is "true meaning of scripture"?
Second line


Let me ask you how you came to the conclusion that Paul was trying to tell people to be circumcised and then changed his mind, by reading that scripture.

I understand why you think he changed his mind later, because of scripture, but I just don't get how you would think the verse you quoted was an affirmation of circumcision.

So, because you did not understand the "true meaning" of his words, you're going to do a the "does anyone know the true meaning" of scripture song and dance, instead of just admit you screwed up.

Its not the end of the world if you screwed it up auto, and many would have much more respect for you, if you took that dose of humility, and admitted when you were wrong.



posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This thread topic has my full endorsement. Good message brother. If u reach one out of all indeed it was not wasted energy!

So many are blinded by the truth because they have picked sides. sides which have them conditioned them to condemn any opposition to their belief system.

but i pose this question to them all. If your philosophy of life is right. then how come you have not yet achieved enlightenment. how come you do not yet understand the nature of existence and come to spiritual realization. how come you dont even believe in these things. and all to your own detriment if u dont. for they are real. absolutely real

For the Kingdom of God is within Man! And i do declare that if you have not found it you are either doing something wrong or not doing anything right.

my advice is to re-examine your beliefs and seek the one that will actually give you results. then you wont spew nonesense such as ridicule and abuse at those who are simply taking their time and energy to help you discover truth. Perhaps it is because they are doing it for free is why you dont appreciate the message. but the message is definitely for those that will listen. those who do not wish to hear may exist in their ignorant state as it is their free will to do so.
edit on 25-5-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Is there a reason you refer to yourself as I AM? Is not God the only I AM that I AM in the bible?






top topics



 
224
<< 81  82  83    85 >>

log in

join



atslive.com

hi-def

low-def