It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Energy Charge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
After practicing some magic (on Midsummer Night of course) asking for my health & vitality (both physical & mental) to be restored, and for me to be placed on the right path in my life, the following happened:

For two days afterwards, I felt like I had an incredible amount of crackling energy running through my body--like I drank 200 cups of coffee. I also felt great emotion, almost like I was going to cry at the drop of a hat.

Then I had a very powerful dream where there were these immense spheres in a row, like planets--and they were in my neighborhood. But one planet was missing, and it had to be created...but the planet was so huge, it caused massive earthquakes just to build it...it felt like the world was ending...and then the planet slowly rolled in place towards my building. And there was a terrible rumble that was deafening. And my building shook until I felt like it was going to collapse. I connected this building with my Ego.

Then I woke up and I could feel these etheric "tendrils" and I knew they were from God, and they all started to connect with me. Then everything went a grey-white and I started to be charged head-to-toe with energy (electricity?). This has happened on a few occasions before, but I was always frightened by it & wanted it to stop. But this time I just wanted more energy--so I "grabbed" ahold of the being giving it to me and just tried to get as much energy as I could. I could almost see the being's face like a vague shape of a face you would see from behind a white sheet--and I could sense that it was actually a bit surprised.

I'm not sure if my exact desires for more health & vitality & direction have been answered yet--I realize that it all won't arrive as simply as that. I know that things have to be built, one element leading into another. But I do feel the start of something. Has anybody else here had a similar experience?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Uhm... what was the magic that you were practising???

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i think shes practicin Wicca.......

Weird shizz...u actually so the being giving you energy

Might have been an ALien

But hey if u felt good bout it then sieze it....

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I use herbs, writing, pictures, & art. I used to do standard rituals with altars & candles, but it wasn't really me. I'm an artist so this feels the most primal & natural.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Cassie~

Blessed Be, sounds like you had a pretty powerful spell there! I've had simmilar experences, mostly involving meditations, sort of like what you were doing but with a bent of pulling my own being into it in other ways. I've seen some pretty interesting stuff too and I think you may have tapped something big here.

I would take the vision as a pretty good sign that your spell worked on a pretty high level, usually the powers that be really stay out of the lives of individuals. So the idea that someone astral cared enough to come to you should tell you something.

I think there's a message here somewhere for you, and some serious symbolism in that dream. You should meditate on it and see what you get out of it.

One more thing, I like your approach to the rituals, the more individual and natural you can make them the better I have always thought. I'm also an artist, and I pour lots of my work into my rituals, and I find it makes the effects more potent. One of my big issues is purity of the body, and I believe that through using your own systems and rituals instead of following those of others to a pin, allows you to focus your own energies and not bend in unatural ways as much.

Something tells me you have quite a path ahead of you.

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Personally I like to open up Reason and lay down a drum track for the mood, set in a couple synth tracks and lay back into a trance. When I'm in the right mood I become energized, similar to what you are talking about, but I have never seen light beings at all. To me, I have to talk to everything on the 'other side' through a wall (apparently I'm a prisoner... I have never had the urge to break out, though, as long as there is always a voice on the other side... like I'm needed on this side, so I stay here).

As a matter of fact, there is a storm near... I think I'm gonna go do this now... seems like if there's electromagnetical disturbances around me I am safer and can channel better... see if I can do some scrying

BTW, do you consider that you practice white, black, or gray magick? Or (like me) do you consider all magick equal, just depends on how you use it? (that is actually the answer to whatever your response is... if you consider that you practice black, then your fear of these light beings may be justified... if you practice white, then the fear may be of these being evil... hard to explain... I'd actually have to be near you to understand entirely).

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Wiccans in general think of magik as a tool, the user determines the good or evil nature.

White witches, or whatever you wish to call them, use it for positive only, based upon a karma system.

Black witches, again whatever name you wish to use, do not put moral limits upon magik use, they may use it for good or bad.

Those are the very general rules at least and most people have their own interpretation to it, I know I do lol.

I personally am a white witch, I only use magik for use upon myself or in positive ways upon others, based upon my personal ethics and the guidlines in the Charge Of The Goddess

Earthscum, you probably knew all of this already but I just thought I'd throw it out there for those who haven't had much exposure to the magikal yet.

Blessed Be
~Astral

[edit on 24-6-2004 by The Astral City]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Speaking of power, you made me remember when I was really charged up with static electricity. I was in a dorm room with a static electricity problem and one day I heard a crackling sound all around me. I looked at a weather instrument I had on the wall and noticed the humidity had dropped below 10%. I could hear the crackling sound of electricity all around me, very cool. As I sat on my bed I played a little with it. I touched each finger to the cinder block wall and heard a zap or discharge of electricity as I touched each finger to the wall. Then I repeated it. I was continuously getting charged up. I decided to walk out of the room and could hear a zap or static discharge on the tile floor through my tennis shoes as I walked away from my dorm room.

I'm not into witchcraft etc. but have noticed alot of very strange things and have felt extremely powerful in some dreams. I'm not sure if I really liked those dreams because it seemed as if I was all powerful and knowledgeable but had lost my human emotions in the process. I prefer to remain human in my dreams. That was an interesting dream though because I still remember being immersed in some kind of universal consciousness in my dream.

Nice avatar Cassie

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I guess I practice grey magick. It feels the most natural. I tried going to a spiritual advisor several months ago and she said I should go strictly white magick; she told me to throw out all of the "dark" things in my room, to put them in a pile, do a banishing ritual, and dump them in the incinerator. So I did, kind of: I threw out anything that looked purely evil or Satanic (My Living Dead Doll collection [R.I.P], a couple of action figures that looked like te devil, some toy skeletons/skulls, and a copy of "The Book Of The Law"). I kept a whole bunch of "grey" stuff (like movie monster stuff, vampires, purple candles, my DVD copy of "The Craft") & just put them away in a closet. I reintegrated the grey stuff several weeks later when I realized that going completely "white" just wasn't me.

I tend to be a magick adventurer--I want to see effects in the world and then report them to other magick practicioners, to expand the knowledge. I am going through a period of my life where I am throwing out what doesn't seem "real" or "true" and boldly affirming who I am and how I'm going to live my life. When you give the Will of the Universe that sort of encouragement, it responds. That's what I think this astral energy experience was all about.

More as it develops...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I had something similar happen to me a few years ago, although it wasn't through magik, I'm not familiar with it at all. I used a plant that a lot of shamans in south america use for initiates. I didn't even know what it was at the time though, and I promptly left my body. The plant didn't even give me a choice, my body literally went limp and I next thing I knew I was floating. All the objects I saw before I took the plant were not solid any more but rather made of little pixels of energy. The people around were sounded by this web like structure and it was hard to interact with them, I spoke to them, but they didn't understand.

But anyway, ever since then I've had this surge of energy running through me constantly. Earlier on I was very scared because I could not control it, but a year and 1/2 later I have pretty good control. I can put myself in a state where I let go of my body and I visualize my self going out and the world coming in me. This is where it gets similar to your experience in that everything turns grey/white and I feel some very powerful source of energy coming into me that it pretty much scares me. I see beings standing in front of me looking at me, but they seem pretty grey. But I've never tried to grab a hold of one, they just stand thre looking at me and I'm just gazing at them. I usually have my eyes open when this happens and everything goes white, so I just kind of know myself back to my sense because I have never tried to go further with it. Someday when I am in a peaceful place to do this, I will.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Cassie Clay,

Listen to your spiritual advisor. Whatever you put out comes back to you directly and/or indirectly. I recall a Wiccan tenet that addresses this principle of Karma -- the Law of Cause and Effect.

The only magick you should focus yourself to be a conduit for is White Magick.

That being said...

Your energy experience has all the earmarks of a large collective of spirits/discarnates (i.e., a large Group Entity) that have decided to channel their energy through and around you.

They may give you a Gift of Healing, Telekinesis, etc. It really depends on how many people are in their group and their intentions.

If the Group Entity is large enough, they may even announce to you and/or through you that they are a Wiccan deity or some other god you can relate to. This sort of thing happens all the time and is how new sects and religions are formed.

When you emotionally accept the energy of a large Group Entity, you are putting yourself in the awkward position of allowing them to influence you in the direction that they want -- which may not be what you want and/or be in your best interests.

There is a price to pay for access to easy power.

Take heed!

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Paul,
Your point is well-taken. I really try to stick with the white magick, I don't worship Satan or anything like that. But the way I just grabbed that energy instinctually from the entity, with a thirst for more--it was a total instinctual, natural thing, and yet I don't feel a purely white magician would have done it. I also feel I am definitely being steered away from a somewhat timid, conformist path onto a path of fully blooming magickal study & practice. And that this steering is not coming completely from myself. I'm aware of the risks--I've read enough stories about people like Jack Parsons who went over the edge with their workings and got hurt. But there is a certain amount of unique life experience that I believe is my destiny...I will definitely be careful though.

Jamuhn: I have read about several of your experiences with shamanism through the threads, and they are fascinating. I wish I could try some of those shamanic drugs, but I can't even process Nutrasweet. Sounds like an awesome experience, tho--and the pixelated version of reality w/the webs are definitely a view of reality from a different frequency or dimension.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Really really cool story

I wish I got those kind of results from my magic lol..

I always get the feeling that it isnt doing anything anymore :-/

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Cassie I gotta agree with you on the grey factor.

I think it's a bit far to say that you should throw away all of your action figures that look like demons, if I had to do that there goes like half my collection and all my spawn commics. But in the same breath I wouldn't cast a spell to harm anyone.

I considder myslef a White Witch, but I do understand your urges to be natural. Nature, I have found is neutral, a grey, all exists in nature. I follow my morals very religiously, and as such stray more white than the neutral.

I do respect what you are doing though, and doubt that your karma will suffer for it.

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Wow, some experience and dream. Im not sure how much stock I take in my own dreams. A thought on Black and White magic, It seems to me that the natural human state is a mix of dark and light. Going strictly to one or the other is unhealthy. Life is abundant with paradox, death is simple and uncomplex. Im no expert so perhaps I shouldn't be giving advice, but I guess that is a part of my trip.

May your journey be richly interesting.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I know very little of majickal practices, as I haven't practiced Wicca for the better part of a decade. I do, however, work with energies of varying strengths a lot during meditation. Sometimes, I will tap into the Force to replenish my own energy if I'm doing something physically demanding, other times I will meditate and focus on drawing in energy from around me to make astral projection easier. I do the best that I can to draw in only the 'unused energies', if you will, from around me rather than tapping someone and 'borrowing' a little of theirs.

On one occasion, about nine months ago, I spent probably ten minutes drawing on various energies from around me prior to astral projection. Shortly after I left my body behind, I felt a sudden crave for more energy and started drawing in more and more. After a very short period of time, seconds, my mind shot back into my body and my body jolted about a foot and a half in the air *not easy to do, i was laying flat on my back on my apartment floor at the time*.

Since that experience, I've noticed my perceptions have sharpened. I have a much easier time sensing people or other creatures around me than I did before, and have also had a much easier time tapping energy than I did before. Although I recall no visions during my energy-crave/burst, it did signal an asencion of sorts, to a higher level of perception of my surroundings, and a tremendous amount of ease in reading people. Perhaps something similar will happen for you.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Sounds cool

btw how do ya start magic?

Also is it agenst god or something? (Believe i heard that somewhere or some 1 claimed it)

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There are thousands or millions of ways to do it crash. Every civilisation and religion has their own forms of doing it, even prayer in christianity is a form of magick, so it's not against God.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Kewl cheers i might look into it

Just gotta look at how/where to get started

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Crash,
I would get started by just surfing the internet and doing simple searches on "magic" ... You could check out:
www.witchvox.com...
www.sacred-texts.com...

But to really practice magic doesn't start immediately. It took me a couple of years of feeling kinda foolish, like nothing was happening. And then one day, everything just "clicks"

It takes a commitment, though, and a great deal of self-examination, patience, and practice.
Don't just grab a Necronomicon & get to work. (Actually, you really don't grab a Necronomicon, period...)

hope this helps

top topics

<<   2 >>

join