It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The book: "War memoire" destroyed by pentagon as security threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Just bringing it to the attention of ATS, havn't seen a thread about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm seem to recall another book burning session for the same alleged reasons, only the regime was slightly different... If I recall right, it was the Nazis. It's almost uncanny the striking similarities of our controlling government to the controlling government of 1930s Germany. What's really scary, is that we are so quick to condemn Germany and wonder how on Earth the Germans could have ever fell for such evilness, while we are completely oblivious to the parallels drawn right before our very eyes. Sometimes I wonder if we, as a public, are laughed at by TPTB, as they go to sleep at night, whispering "suckers!" under their breath. I have almost no doubts that in 100 years or so (maybe longer due to the efficiency), school children will be raising their hands, asking the question of "how did the Americans go along with that, how were they so easily duped?", kind of the same way that my own children as that question of the 20th century Germans.

Here is a hint, when your government keeps more secrets than is pertinent, you no longer have a government "by", "for" and "of" the people and freedom is only a buzz-word designed to subdue and subvert. At one point, you have to ask why so many secrets and how can Americans hold their leaders accountable if everything is a secret? Before you say "security", "security" is the price of liberty and I would rather live free, than live a slave. Furthermore, it is foolish to think that even half of the secrets kept by government, has anything to do with your security or the security of the people.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Airspoon, I have to give you a pat on the back. I've read your comments in other threads and this one, and they have stood out to me as the truth. I can't help but notice that as an ex-military?, you seem to think beyond your training, or what I think has been your training of just do as your told and don't think for yourself. I hope most of the military is like you.
Now back to the subject, what is in the book, that they don't want us to know?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

Here is a hint, when your government keeps more secrets than is pertinent, you no longer have a government "by", "for" and "of" the people and freedom is only a buzz-word designed to subdue and subvert. At one point, you have to ask why so many secrets and how can Americans hold their leaders accountable if everything is a secret? Before you say "security", "security" is the price of liberty and I would rather live free, than live a slave. Furthermore, it is foolish to think that even half of the secrets kept by government, has anything to do with your security or the security of the people.

--airspoon
+

outstanding post. You are right..."national security" is a trading of liberty.

i am going to start quoting you.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I believe someone once said:

"Those who burn books, will eventually burn people."

join