It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

god, a being with the personality of an emotional adolescent pshycopath.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
i find it stunning in a place such as this to find the true believers of God creator of heaven and earth to be outnumbered.

i find this interesting, because to me this is a place of truth seekers. this seems IMO a place for people like me.. people who see through the veil and lies of our present day society.

why is it that so many people look at the small scope of matters instead of the larger scale... people blame the woes and horrors of this world on God.. when science proves that darkness is the absence of light and cold the absence of heat. while light and heat are actual substance that can be tested and shown to exist while the opposite of these is only tested by the percentage of lack of the former.

such is the world... why is the world so evil... well that's a simple equation the world greatly lacks God.. now this point will be argued and it will be argued hard because christianity is "prominently" taught. as this may very well be true it is also prominently ignored. although it is a very well known tale, jesus on the cross that is, the moral of the story is lost on most... he did not come so that you may live your lives however you wish without worry, or however you like. he is simply the example of the life in which you should live, and if you live this life believe you will suffer the same fate. it's not a happy story. there's not cheery ending to this story, at least not in this lifetime.

his story is the story of a man that lived for others and never for himself.. for realize all he had to do was deny he was the christ and he would have been released from his death sentence.. the small picture is that he died for your sins, but the big picture is the lifestyle he lead.
small picture = live as thou wilt (satanism 101)
big picture = it is better to give than to recieve

you see the difference is simple. small picture = modern day society, big picture (if all lived by this moral) = utopian society. man understands not the thoughts of God. you ask why God created a hell. because for those who follow the path to it would be tortured in heaven, because you would love your sin too much. people who love their sin cannot and will not live for others they just cant do it.

they say that the bible is too strict because it calls for stoning of someone who committed adultery, but i ask you how much better would the world be without adultery? people say it is sexist because it calls man stronger than women.. is it not true that man is far superior in strength and reason (keyword REASON) then women? is woman not better suited to head the family, while man is better suited to toil for the family? how much would the world benefit if family value were the core of society then monetary gain as it is today...

the biggest surprise to find here, in a forum of seeming truth seekers is how completely oblivious all are to satan.. it is very true his best trick was proving he didn't even exist... why is one world governance a repeating theme of our history.. why has man always tried to followed and exalted as gods? think about all the things we research and think of everyone knows there's a "they" and it is always asked who are "they".

remember my friends it is righteousness by faith and not righteousness by works that is the true law of the bible.. less any man can boast.

on my last note i will add what someone said earlier, children are born innocent completely innocent, and my bet is if your 8 yr old self saw the way you live now a days they'd slap you silly.. because the ways of the world lead to death.. it brings to light that we live in the matrix... everything you see is a lie the things you chase after only lead to more chasing after the wind. that is why they say happiness comes from within. this world offers nothing but more nothing. politics, money, lusts, anger, these are the gifts of the world. The gift of God is eternal happiness, joy and prosperity.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by threadkiller

I AGREE!

"God" sound like some spoiled 4 year old...."God is a jealous god"....jealousy is a human trait, jealousy is a flaw, and i heard God was perfect?

Im in 100% with you on this, i just HOPE someone can say different

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I think the people who were in control of major religions and other various religious/spiritual groups have that mindset, they secretly wanted the power of "God" the second that they heard he exists.
edit on 17-12-2010 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
To reply to the originator of this thread: Existentialists (people who have people who have put actual logical thought into mans disposition) would tell you that if man were to lose the perceived rules of religion and society in general that the freedom and responsibility of that freedom would paralyze us with fear of our meaningless existence. Essentially, whether you believe in a deity or not you, with the help of society, have built a fake world for yourself where you believe half truths and flagrant nonsense in order to have some feeling of order in your life. Religious people simply have more rules, thus less freedom, thus less angst of the unknown. Ignorance is truly bliss and we all find piece of mind in our own ignorance.
edit on 18-12-2010 by BuddhasRolex because: grammer

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Jibber Jabber
( nonsense )

Mankind was given free will
... so they freely abuse God at EVERY opportunity
.... pathetic

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Poor God
It really is sad to see such an omnipotent creator being "abused" by those he created. Somebody please give the big guy in the sky a hug!

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BuddhasRolex

recently i have come to realize that the vast majority of humanity is better off believing lies, it gives them an excuss to be mentally lazy and simplistic.

posted on Jan, 20 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Actually, the Biblical representation of God seems like a caricature of an ancient King to me.
Human qualities are projected onto a supernatural being , pretty much the same deal as in all cultures.
Not really surprising since it dates back to the Bronze age!
The temperament seems to vary over the ages in different books, and certainly from the Old to New Testament.
Oh well, that's religion!
I agree. You don't need god for war. It makes sense we'd project ourselves onto god.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If you assume there is a god, then your argument is completely waisted.

If there is a god, then the god must be much, much smarter then you. You act as if you are smarter then this god, like you are right, and the god is wrong. If there is a god, and he created you, then he can never be wrong, as he is above all, and even gives you what you feel are your morals.

If you assume there is not god, then why are you attacking it?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ummm maybe they have understanding and possibly more insight to what God is all about than you do.
How can you put someone down when you don't even know them? Why would anyone think the way you do about anything? I mean if all you see is the negative about God. I'm sure it dosn't stop there for you.

Oh and why isn't this little half paragraph thread being moved to chit chat?

edit on 22-1-2011 by randyvs because: q-mark

edit on 22-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Why would anyone think the way you do about anything? I mean if all you see is the negative about God.

If you've ever read the "old testament" it's difficult to discern what the positive aspects of god actually are.
---

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

What's up traditional ?

Is it really so hard as all that trade? I know you to well to question your knowledge of positive and negative. You might like to limit this discussion to the OT if you could. Possibly. I tell you what. You find me one thing you actually like about God ? Or even something you like about the possibility that there may be a God?
Not about religion.

In return I'll find something I dislike about him. I think we're on topic with this. Just to see if either of us can do it?

edit on 22-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by threadkiller
Why do fundamentalists of the major religions worship a god who is crazy, are they lying, stupid, or crazy, or all three. I think many people who have a god like this are just lazy. A man who had these same characteristics would either be a convict or a king. Please prove me wrong.

Prove what wrong, exactly? Your opinion that people of various religious beliefs are lazy, crazy, lying, etc.? You can believe whatever you wish, and no one needs to prove any of that to you.

You offered no facts, no data, no source materials or examples; you simply stated an opinion, an across-the-board tarring of all the major religions (many of which oppose each other, I might add) with the same brush.

Let me clarify a few things for you. The major religions do not all believe the same things. They don't all believe in the same God, and in fact, some don't even have a deity at all. Before you go off on this sort of rant, please do some actual reading about the various religions, so you can at least explain to us what you are talking about. At this stage, I have no idea where to begin.

To which deity do you refer? The God of the Bible, that the Jewish people and Christians follow? Allah, that the Muslims follow? One of the many gods the Hindus worship? What about the Buddhists, who follow no deity at all? Which of these deities do you label in this fashion, or are they all labeled the same to you, even though there are huge differences between them?

Without some specifics, it isn't possible to give you any sort of meaningful response. Are you looking for actual responses, or perhaps just people to agree that all religious folks are nuts?
edit on 28-1-2011 by LadyGreenEyes because: cause my space bar hates me

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I'm a believer in Christ but that is where me and fundies separate. I don't subscribe to beliefs in Hell and so I reject religion 100%! A person must be able to understand what is of spirit and what is of man. This takes time. Most fundies are brainwashed but not on purpose they just want to live a life that is pleasing to God. The thing is though...we are not capable in our own power to do so. That's where Yeshua comes in.

That said I believe I'm the contradiction to what you pigeon hole a believer into being.
So let me challenge you to submit your proof as to "God" being psycho?

I'm sure you will post about him killing people off in the old testament. But it's your lack of understanding that will show up I'm sure. In every single case where you see this type of carnage the humanoids that were wiped out were in fact a type of hybrid being. It was all about keeping the genetic line of man clean for Yeshua to come from. It's a DNA war and it always has been since the start. If you do some deep homework and cast aside your shallow preprogrammed knee-jerk beliefs you will find I'm absolutely correct.

So then again I say.... Prove it. Submit to us how your coming to your conclusions?

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sothh

i am not attacking god. i am attacking stupid people's very stupid ideas and lies. maybe one person will realize they have been lied to. i do not care how many stupid people get mad, they are stupid. believeing a lie is not stupid, holding on to a lie and not facing the truth when presented is stupidness in it's highest form.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
ha ha ha... godlike prodution is finally shut down....yea....

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If you believe we were created in the image of god- then you must consider what is your true image. It is not a singular Barbie entity- but an amalgamation of trillions of microscopic cells/organism working in tandem to present a functioning, multi-faceted, multi-layered consciousness.

The Bible reads to me like one aspect of that multi-faceted being got a bit ambitious and bit off more than it could chew. Humans fell in love with the idea of a human male deity and the rest is history. Missing the forest for the tree.

1. No graven image (unseen, invisible presence)
2. No other god before (including human male presence)

> Didn't understand the concept of metal weapons but knew about genetic alignments and infection through blood? A learning deity- dearly dearly betrayed by the things humans were capable of conceiving. Not necessarily the only consciousness- just one of many.

Most follow this one, or at least give it credence because it comes with a deed to the planet and a certificate of superiority over every other living being here. Take that out- and the rest would go quietly.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
So you've met the omnipotent Berulusconi split channels. Actually they're children pretending to be older. Anything that tries to say something sensible benefit to biology is eaten. Sadly it's very TRUE !!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join