It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

god, a being with the personality of an emotional adolescent pshycopath.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by threadkiller

Primitive mindset.

Don't want to think for themselves.

Religion, is the bane of mankind and has been the cause of much of mankind's woes.

Once humanity drops religious dogma and adopts true spirituality we may just have a more peaceful planet.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Who say's you two experience the same god ??

The christian god is an imaginary one created by misinterpretations from an ancient book ..... a book !!!

doesnt the bible say " Faith is the substance of things" ?? in other words, reality is perception.

but just because you percieve it .... doesn't mean its any more "real".

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Ya'll will like this thread Is God A Deadbeat Dad?

reply to post by rebeldog

So when Christ said 'amen, amen' ... he was using the ancient Egyptian worship language?
glad I stopped by this thread. I just learned something new!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by threadkiller
reply to post by works4dhs

According to the koran and the islamic interpretation of it their god is very much the same god as that of the christains and the jews. Muslims read the talmud and the new testiment, they believe these books have been corrupted by man but were at one time the pure word of god.The koran is considerd the final and pure word of god to man and that it is completely without error.

That is amazing considering that Muslims are famous for giving their "commentators" opinon on scripture as much wieght as the scripture itself. Anyway not taking sides here but have looked into it, Muslims are crummy bible scholars.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Strange...a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; mouths Golden Rules and forgiveness multiplied seventy times seven and invented Hell; who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him! ~Mark Twain

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

He actually did take the sins of mankind on himself.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I might be wrong but god can only manifest emotions within human beings or animals, to explain if it choses a human being or an animal. Why do you blaim everything on the creator ? you do have the choice of chosing.
Want god to use you and express thru you then you got be be better and have faith and then you will see.
Not bad to be on your own, but when things are out of control it's better to not lose that connection or you get connected some place else. As I see it, it involves connections, you can tell good from bad so why do you blame god.
Children when they are born they are born inocent, it's why they make children sacrifices. The sacrifice of the innocent. It's why they give you a gun and tell you to shoot it. So you lose your innocence, notice the word "IN" o cent. What is free is inocent, built by the inocent without any drag, without any "enter"prise.

None of us are 100% inocent. Like nothing is natural today, you name it, food, drinks, medicine, but you know at least have some of that inocense.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

If you perceive something it is real to you.

I wouldn't be too confident the Christian God is a misinterpretation if I were you. You just might find out that there really was a man named Jesus who did get crucified. A God who is all powerful yet personal.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by threadkiller

According to the koran and the islamic interpretation of it their god is very much the same god as that of the christains and the jews. Muslims read the talmud and the new testiment, they believe these books have been corrupted by man but were at one time the pure word of god.The koran is considerd the final and pure word of god to man and that it is completely without error.

the Muslim claims of the same God/Allah totally contradict what the Bible says, especially in regards to the character and identity of Jesus. There is no way the Bible and the Koran are compatible, nor are God/Yawheh and Allah; they are exclusive.
a theology summary;

www.letusreason.org...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

if jesus (admittedly by religious scholars as not even his real name) died for man's sins...why didn't we go back to eden before the apple??

that is why man lost eden as a punishment for sin....please go on....

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by Logarock

if jesus (admittedly by religious scholars as not even his real name) died for man's sins...why didn't we go back to eden before the apple??

that is why man lost eden as a punishment for sin....please go on....

just remember, this world (as it is) is only temporary.
I tell people, life on earth is like basic training in the military; you have to go through it to get to the real and good (and permanent) part, the world to come.

edit on 1-10-2010 by works4dhs because: add on

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

The god of the farey tail books does not exist and cannot exist as some sort of supreme being he exhibits to many flaws, flaws that directly reflects upon his followers. I believe people find the god they are comfortable with, a god that they can respect and understand.

The god of religion is a manufactured social tool designed to help keep the really stupid and dangerous people under control. This social tool does not work very well and does some people more harm than good

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I pray that you of little or no faith will one day be touched by the love of God Almighty.

There is not one person that can prove to me there is no God. On the other hand you can let God show you He is real if you will have the faith as little as mustard seed.

Once you are touched by God you will be convinced of His existence.

Experiment, study and open your mind and give faith a chance to grow and you will forever be changed.

I am now taking my soap box and going to another thread.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

The story of Adam and Eve is about when our consciousness changed. Before we were like the animals, not aware of ourselves. Imagine that animals can think, but humans can think about their thinking, so can judge the thoughts in a dualistic way, good/bad, right/wrong, etc. Therefore, before Adam and Eve there was really no sin, the word sin did not exist. The word sin is a concept, before the word, there could be no sin. This is why they no longer lived in paradise, yet they still lived in the garden of Eden. We still live in the garden of Eden. However, because we have the audacity to judge Gods beautiful creation, we no longer live in paradise.
We are all searching for the paradise lost, it is here always.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

no one will prove you wrong no matter what anyone on here tries to say

edit on 2-10-2010 by thedarktower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

well geez!! so the adam and eve was about consciencousness (?cant spell i already know, let the grammar insults begin)??

that is something the bible thumper preacher dont know

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This thread made my day... I'm sorry but who ever has the guts to post this kind of stuff is just funny. I may not like or believe in christ but I don't call god a psychopath but I agree the bible is written by an Anti social personality disorder person who hates women, buut let people believe in what they want. If they are right I'm going to hell and I'm loving every minute of it.

If you tell people to be atheist, Protestant, Catholic, Buddhist, wiccan, Satanist, Occultist, Scientologist, Islamic, Jewish, Christian, Anglican, Mormon, Hindu, any other religion i'm sick of listing them, or if you worship your TV. It doesn't really matter just leave people to do what they want, maybe we are all wrong and god is really a grey alien from Pluto. Who the hell knows just leave the religious alone.. And Fundies leave the Homosexuals, other religions and atheists alone. They aren't harming you so up shut and read your religious texts that'll keep you busy.

I'm Atheist and yeah I'm outspoken about religion but I try to avoid stooping to the lows of converting people on purpose. *cough* fundamentalists..

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Personally I think even the non interventionalist God would be quite an evil character for creating this playground called the universe in which danger faces us at every turn at a cosmic level, and even when we're relatively safe on a planet it's kill or be killed via evolution.

edit on 2-10-2010 by hippomchippo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
As the bible does say,
"God created us in his image", and those qualities are very human".

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Am I being irresponsible by posting this thread, for pointing out the very obvious fact that god is a tool made by man to control man. Am I wrong, no I am not, I would be wrong to leave people wallowing in thier ignorance without even trying to make them think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join