It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

god, a being with the personality of an emotional adolescent pshycopath.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Why do fundamentalists of the major religions worship a god who is crazy, are they lying, stupid, or crazy, or all three. I think many people who have a god like this are just lazy. A man who had these same characteristics would either be a convict or a king. Please prove me wrong.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Actually, the Biblical representation of God seems like a caricature of an ancient King to me.
Human qualities are projected onto a supernatural being , pretty much the same deal as in all cultures.
Not really surprising since it dates back to the Bronze age!
The temperament seems to vary over the ages in different books, and certainly from the Old to New Testament.
Oh well, that's religion!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by threadkiller

Prove your right.

In order to do that, you will first have to prove that there is a God. That way you aren't attacking something imaginary, which would really be stupid.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I agree.

I think there are usually two "types" of god put forward the "Creator" type who just started the whole thing off and now has nothing to do with our lives or the actively involved type who listens to people prayers and responds.

So he's either a disinterested socio-path who created us and then threw us out onto the streets when we displeased him/her or a complete sadist who actively participates in the immense suffering in the world.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
'cuz I like psychopaths.

Got a problem with that, eh?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
'cuz I like psychopaths.

Got a problem with that, eh?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Why do fundamentalists of the major religions worship a god who is crazy

Generally, because they were taught to while growing up, and they have a regular, daily support group of friends and family to provide positive reinforcement for the behavior.

Next question?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
"Give not thy strength unto women, nor thy ways to that which destroyeth kings"

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Not to be off-topic but I really do like your misspelling! pSHYcopath LOL

It is odd because I really feel that we are either "disconnected" from GOD, or that he really is so "Shy" that he is fearful of revealing himself!

I doubt GOD is Shy because I do not believe GOD ALMIGHTY can comprehend our dramas on a day-to-day basis; I do feel that our Gods or Lords are abundantly Psychotic or Psychopaths, just as we, their progeny are!

The scariest thought for me is that our Lords, our Creators, are so much like us but perhaps on a higher scale, and that they have already destroyed themselves just as we are destroying ourselves. Like Father, Like Son!

Was there a War in the Heavens? We are told there was, and it is accepted in most Religious Foundations. Who won, and why haven't the victors come to reap their spoils?

It is a pshycopathic sort of thought, but I think I got it out smoothly enough!

ps, I think you may be able to capitalize on this word as a "trend". For instance, you go up to a friend and say, "girlfriend, don't be a Shy-copath, talk to me!" or "he won't talk to me because he is a Shy-copath". LOL

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

He should trademark the phrase.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

most christians are MORONS- def.---- person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive..

to not know the origin of words they use daily---

1.) Amen- amun/amen ra
From old Egyptian texts we can see that people regarded the Sun as the emblem of the Creator. They called the Sun Ra, and all other gods and goddesses were forms of the Creator. One of these gods was Amen; a secret, hidden and mysterious god named variously Amen, Amon, Amun, Ammon and Amounra. For the first eleven dynasties (c. 3000-1987 B.C.) Amen was just a minor god, but by the 17th dynasty (c. 1500 B.C.) he had been elevated to be the national god of southern Egypt. This position gave Amen the attributes and characteristics of the most ancient gods, and his name became Amen-Ra, that is, a supreme form of God the Creator. By the 18th Dynasty (1539-1295 B.C.) a college had been established to study Amen-Ra and as a focal point for worship.

2.) other words which had original meanings---not christian---eden, adam, hallelujah, hell, etc.....

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It all starts with a T-Shirt
, then everyone will want in on it! Here have a "pSHYco" on me! The "pSHYco" is the limit! Give the house a "Round of pShyco"! "Como pShyco" sounds really cool.

"Como pShyco"

edit on 9/29/2010 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The god in the religious books of the east (talmud, koran, bible) is indeed very shy, very few people have had any contact with this being and it is usually through an emissary, most oftenly to communicate his emotions(anger,jealousy)and how he is about to destroy what has offended him like a psychopath with no remorse and then blame it on object of his wrath.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage

It all starts with a T-Shirt
, then everyone will want in on it! Here have a "pSHYco" on me! The "pSHYco" is the limit! Give the house a "Round of pShyco"! "Como pShyco" sounds really cool.

"Como pShyco"

edit on 9/29/2010 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

After the T-Shirts come the branded hats

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9cc93798846c.jpg[/atsimg]

Shy people love hats!!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by threadkiller
The god in the religious books of the east (talmud, koran, bible) is indeed very shy, very few people have had any contact with this being and it is usually through an emissary, most oftenly to communicate his emotions(anger,jealousy)and how he is about to destroy what has offended him like a psychopath with no remorse and then blame it on object of his wrath.

1) if God truly showed Himself in all His glory our minds would be blown.

2) God did appear on Earth, in the form of a man (Jesus). did not work out too well.

3) if God was indeed some sort of psycho (or pshyco) he'd have zapped us all long ago. instead He gives us time to live our lives, hoping we'll reconsider His offer and, like the prodigal son, repent & return home.

ps; the God in the talmud and the Bible is NOT the allah in the k'oran.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

According to the koran and the islamic interpretation of it their god is very much the same god as that of the christains and the jews. Muslims read the talmud and the new testiment, they believe these books have been corrupted by man but were at one time the pure word of god.The koran is considerd the final and pure word of god to man and that it is completely without error.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Hi, I'm retarded.

Pleased to make your acquaintance.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   

1) Many people have felt the love and light of God as the answer to their prayers, but you just won't accept it as a possibility because it's not something provable.

2) Many people also speak in judgment of others as though God told them these things. It's not always God telling them what to say as it is them reading and thinking things which resonate with them. Usually it is done out of anger with the world.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I have felt the LOVE and LIGHT of god. You do not know me like that so please do not judge like that.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

If you have, then you should know he's not a psychopath. Just because people put their words in His mouth doesn't make it so.

He's also not shy because anyone who seeks to know He's there can do so.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join