It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God’s only complaint. Hardly anyone is seeking Him.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
God’s only complaint. Hardly anyone is seeking Him.

Literalists and fundamentals. This tells you to seek continuously to find God.Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.

You have plowed your fields but have yet to sow the seeds of seeking. Chronicles 19:3
Nevertheless there are good things found in thee, in that thou hast taken away the groves out of the land, and hast prepared thine heart to seek God.

Your wicked pride in believing you have found God is making you the hated of the land.
Psalm 10:4 The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God:

You are continually telling others they do not understand yet it is your own idol worshiping that has locked your door against God. Psalm 14:2 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.

You are not glad in God as you have to continually apologize for the written word you idolize against Gods instructions. Psalm 70:4 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified.

Your understanding is dead as you idol worship and do not seek to know God.
Romans 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

This is the true path to apotheosis but without seeking God, you will never experience this wondrous confirmation that God lives. If you believe that you have found God but have not had your apotheosis then know that the God you have found is a false God.
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

I have notices as I go about that many preach of a found God, many attack the found Gods and their laws, but almost no one seeks God.

I have also noticed that all those that preach of God are idol worshippers.
Literalist and fundamentals do not seem to recognize this though. They have taken their Word, pulled out all the pages and glued them to a golden cow till the cow is no longer visible beneath the pages but it is there nevertheless. Literalist quote every passage as if God Himself had written them even as they know that it is man that has written them.

The old Hebrew and Jews were quite surprised when the Orthodox Church liberalized their scriptures, the foundation of the Bible, because to that point, they themselves did not read their scriptures literally and only used them to stimulate though as they sought to know and understand God better. Literalists thus began to idol worship and it continues today with idolizing the Word. A book of fables, myths and the best guess of the ancients.

Literalists, hear and heed the true words of your God. Corinthians 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Look at what you have reaped by forgetting the words of God and going against scripture and liberalizing them.

You have made those of spirituality the laughing stock of the world while at the same time hurting your own and your cause of spreading the word. You have become the anti Christ. Turn from your wicked ways.

www.youtube.com...

African witches and Jesus
www.youtube.com...

Jesus Camp 1of 9
www.youtube.com...

I beseech you. Turn from your wicked ways.

www.youtube.com...

O P should always end with a question.

Do you as a literalist recognize that you are idol worshiping your Word and have forgotten that seeking God is a never ending commandment from God?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I seek god everyday. and something is everywhere. i dont like using term god, because i feel it is so much more than that. its an energy. if responds to your attention towards it. its awesome when it comes together, and when if doesnt, it means your focus is on non important issues.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have no idea what you are talking about, it sounds like you are trying to translate some jibberish written by goat herders from over two thousand year ago....

On the flip side, good work. Nobody takes works of fiction literally.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by countercounterculture
I have no idea what you are talking about, it sounds like you are trying to translate some jibberish written by goat herders from over two thousand year ago....

Unless you refer to The Matrix trilogy, when people come out of their basements to explain it in different ways so that it fits some spiritual conundrum that somehow matters to them.

Are we dreaming? Is this a program? Are we real?

Are we figments of your dream? Are we concepts manufactured by god in order for god to experience everything? Am I god?

It's like staring at a dot trying to work out how infinite it is.... it doesn't matter really, and drives people insane enough to believe in something that only works if you ignore everything else...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

This is a quote worth quoting:

Originally posted by badw0lf
it doesn't matter really, and drives people insane enough to believe in something that only works if you ignore everything else...

It should begin with something like: "Religion.... "

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

I seek the truth of this universe every single day of my life and have yet to come across a deity. Perfectly open to the possibility, but nothing seem to have come up to justify that sort of belief yet.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
I seek god everyday. and something is everywhere. i dont like using term god, because i feel it is so much more than that. its an energy. if responds to your attention towards it. its awesome when it comes together, and when if doesnt, it means your focus is on non important issues.

It responds?
As in intelligent response?

I too do not like the word God. it has become a wish list word for all of man's hopes and dreams and has lost all of it's older traditional meaning.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by countercounterculture

Your kidding right?

Do literalists and fundamentals not take their mythical Words literally?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

I seek the truth of this universe every single day of my life and have yet to come across a deity. Perfectly open to the possibility, but nothing seem to have come up to justify that sort of belief yet.

Hint.
If there is a deity of any kind, would all that we see be perfect or as I prefer, evolvong perfection?

Would a deity have it any other way?

Answer these and you will see a glimmer of God. Not that foolish and immoral bible God but our true God.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Foolish and immoral God, huh? Such arrogance. If there is no God then okay no problem, you're safe. There would be no harm in saying those words against something that does not exist. But...if there is one, such as the one described in the bible, wouldn't it be in your best interest to at least be neutral on the topic of his existence?

I mean, I don't know about the foolish and immoral part but the God in the bible is one vengeful God that's for sure. Just because he doesn't strike you dead right where you sit for denying his existence doesn't mean he doesn't exist. I don't think it's wise for someone to claim he's figured out God out of his own interpretation of the bible and start throwing insults at him because, well, if he exists and decides to show his presence to you, then I don't think you can even begin to imagine the extent of the punishment he's going to dish out on you.

Just my dos centimos.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bijouramov

Foolish and immoral God, huh? Such arrogance. If there is no God then okay no problem, you're safe. There would be no harm in saying those words against something that does not exist. But...if there is one, such as the one described in the bible, wouldn't it be in your best interest to at least be neutral on the topic of his existence?

I mean, I don't know about the foolish and immoral part but the God in the bible is one vengeful God that's for sure. Just because he doesn't strike you dead right where you sit for denying his existence doesn't mean he doesn't exist. I don't think it's wise for someone to claim he's figured out God out of his own interpretation of the bible and start throwing insults at him because, well, if he exists and decides to show his presence to you, then I don't think you can even begin to imagine the extent of the punishment he's going to dish out on you.

Just my dos centimos.

So you cannot decide if Bible God is moral or not yet you would have me live in fear of an immoral God.

Crap.

If he is moral and God then all are saved and I need not worry. If all are not saved and he will not foegive me for saying he is unjust when Bible God is definitely shown to be unjust then he is unjust and I would not follow such an ass regardless.

To think that I have to cow tow to immorality or an immoral God is rather droll and I would likely prefer hell to any heaven that he would have.

Could you be happy in a heaven for eternity, knowing that your friends and family are in endless torture and fire just next door, so to speak. if you could tolerate that then I would suggest that your morals are the pits and you can have your Bible God. You would be two insane peas in a pod.

You live in fear and immorality if you like. I will not.

Regards
DL

new topics

top topics

join