It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: "The precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me .. "

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

I am not an Obama fan, being a Libertarian I don't care for big government and big debt. In fact, I'd like to see the Patriot Act repealed to restore our civil liberties. If we choose security over freedom, we will gain neither.

I do believe that any profession of faith (Christian, Muslim, Druid, etc.) should be accepted at face value. Worshipping with people you know, one may not realize everything their Church/Pastor accepts as true.

My political response is that since many Americans believe this country was founded as a Christian nation (actually, Masonic principles let the formation of these United States), their leader must be a Christian. That would make a Christian profession of faith a political maneuver to encourage Christian voters. If it works, a politician will do it. If Obama (and others) use religion for political gain, they will be appropriately judged by Divine Law; it is not our place to judge a profession of faith, IMO.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
the church is named... the Trinity United Church of Christ....not the "black liberation theology cult"

It is a black liberation theology cult.

Maybe you could look it up yourself?

Already did. Look at the opening post.
Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church.
Try reading the damn thread.

Not to mention that in the OP you declare the church "non-christian"...seriously?

Seriously. Did you even look at the cult? No. Didn't think so.

So it seems that you proved yourself a liar in the same sentence that you denied being one...

So it seems that you rpoved yourself WRONG again .. as usual.

1 - Black Liberation Theology is NOT Christian.
2 - He admitted he was a member of this cult for 20 years.
3 - ALL religions are CULTS. That is the correct use of the word.

Deal with it.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RadicalGnostic

You don't understand Black Liberation Theology. Read the link. ANYONE who says that they should kill God if He doesn't act black enough is not a Christian. You don't threaten to murder God if he disagrees with you. It's just that simple.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
this thread proves that no matter what you say about the president, the small handful of Obama voters that don't have buyers remorse, are going to call you a bigot when you don't follow their point of view.

EXACTLY.

Expose his pandering. Expose his lies. Expose that he's a typical politician. Tell the truth about his racist cult. Show his hypocrisy. Yep ... and those still in awe of him will make up a load of bull and throw the kitchen sink at ya'.
It's expected. Sad. But expected.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

1 - I made nothing up. He admitted he was in the black liberation theology cult for 20 years.

He said he was a member of a particular Church of Christ congregation in Chicago for twenty years. The congregation of that church tends to be a majority African American. It is of course interested in the lives and welfare of its members. That necessarily includes what are called "black" issues.

Liberation theology is not a cult. You call it a cult, but I do not, and neither does anyone I know who has seriously studied it. Of COURSE they're not going to believe in a God who hates or at most isn't very interested in African Americans. I myself don't believe in a God who would favor one race over another or one who has ordained that the prevailing social order is His own will.

Here's a brief summary in Wiki but if you Google the topic you will get lots of hits, some of them more literate and well researched than others:
Black Liberation Theology

It might interest you to know that liberation theology actually has its roots in Latin America. It is especially designed for populations who have been subjugated, often for centuries. It was adopted and spread by Catholic priests who were working with peasants and is still taught and practiced by many of them there. It then was adopted and made popular among some African Americans in this country who were having trouble embracing a totally white, male Deity.

I am a Christian and I am not at all offended or threatened by black liberation theology, or churches which embrace it for the uplift of their particular congregations. Certainly historically oppressed -- actually all -- people have a right to believe that their God loves and is for them.

If the person believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that we are saved by grace then they are Christians in my book. Let God sort out the "real" Christians from the pretenders and instead exhort us to "love one another as I have loved you."

edit on 30-9-2010 by Sestias because: format, word choice, clarity

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Muspelleheim seir halo

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
For the last 2 years, Mr.Obama has been ...

-singing the praises of Islam, proclaiming the US a Muslim Nation in Cairo...when our population is only 3-5% Muslim,

-proclaiming the US is not a Christian nation when 70% say they are Christian,

-covering up the carving of Christ at Notre Dame when speaking there

-celebrating Ramadan at the White House

-declined to particpate in a National Day of Prayer

So, is there any wonder that almost a fourth of Americans wonder if he is Christian or think he is Muslim?

Further, it really is a non issue no matter what his faith...which only underscores the desperation his advisors must feel to even have him bring this up. Sounds like a desperate and feeble attempt to salvage November, 2010 and 2012.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join