It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE EVENT: Soft Disclosure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I have watched both episodes of The Event and have been very suprised to see so many here touting it as "soft disclosure". I don't see that at all.Could someone give me any logical reason to even suspect that?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
and weren't some people saying the same thing about the "V" remake?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
tap tap tap... is this thing on?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The Ev3nt is disclosure of sorts....

It's disclosure that somebody at the network really wants to wrangle all of us former Lost fans in.

But we have our own disclosure to unveil....

We've got about a three episode attention span for a good plot twist... That means two strikes with only one pitch left.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

It's a little past 6 in the morning... most people west of the Atlantic are still sleeping or brushing their teeth.

As to your question, I don't see it as disclosure in any way at all. I see it as a means to increase ratings for television, which is tanking bigtime compared to what's available on the web. Let's see... sex sells, yes, but not on the telly anymore. Movies? Well, there's Netflix. Hot series? *yawn* News programming (?) News websites are more 'up to the minute'.

So, imho, the recent interest in a series like this is because people miss 'Lost'.

reply to post by Hefficide

Just saw your reply

edit on 29/9/10 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

totally agree. I think it sucks so far.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I have seen lots of people,during their posts on other topics refering to the event as soft disclosure and i just want to see one reason why. it doesnt have connections with any alien agenda story i've ever heard.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Soft Disclosure of what.

They have aliens(Inostranka detainees) and a paramilitary/spooks group that kills people.
And this is only episode 2

I see a lot more plot twists. think "LOST"
www.theeventiscoming.com...

By the way the second episode plane crash was filmed about 20 miles from where i live.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.google.com...
www.ridgecrestca.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

pretty cool. I thought this was just a mini-series though, building to a definite conclusion...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
What a bogus show. They should go back to a time when the audience had the incisde scoop of what was going on, and the shows cast didnt.. I'm sick of this, 5 years earlier, 4 days earlier, next week, tomorrow...

when the heck is today? This story is going... NOWHERE

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

i would never have even watched it except for the barrage of advertisements for it here on ATS. I guess this thread should have been called THE EVENT: What a letdown!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Soft... Soft something anyway...

I refuse to watch it thanks to the abysmal show I held hope for, Lost.

Long drawn out flashbacks rubbish leaps of logic, and in the end, baloney.....

...either that or the Event will be cancelled with no fulfilling end.. The NON-Event.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I still have to see the second episode, have it DVR'd, but with all of the other stuff this week, it's been lower on the priority list. I wasn't too impressed with the first episode, but we'll see.

I think the recent press coverage of both the UN ambassador for aliens and coverage of the discussions and accounts of pilots, is more soft disclosure than this show. I always assumed alien contact would go down like it did in V, personally.

edit on 29-9-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join