It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish Gaza-bound activists: IDF used excessive force in naval raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Israel Defense Forces soldiers used excessive force while taking over a Gaza-bound aid ship organized by Jewish and Israeli activists, the boat's passengers said Tuesday, countering the military's official version claiming that the takeover had been uneventful.
However, testimonies by passengers who were released from police questioning later in the day seemed to counter the IDF's claims, with Israeli activist and former Israel Air Force pilot Yonatan Shapira saying that there were "no words to describe what we went through during the takeover."

Shapira said the activists, who he said displayed no violence, were met with extreme IDF brutality, adding that the soldiers "just jumped us, and hit us. I was hit with a taser gun.

www.haaretz.com...

This violence was totally unnecessary but the IDF always uses dis proportionate force.

edit to add source

edit on 29-9-2010 by gem_man because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

edit on 29/9/2010 by Mirthful Me because: BBCode.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
What do they expect?

After the fiasco back in March, they are not taking chances.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

What do they expect?

After the fiasco back in March, they are not taking chances.

The UN and everyone but the Israelis have agreed that the Israelis used excessivive force in the March incident also..

So what are you trying to say? Israel didn't listen??

edit on 29-9-2010 by Cmajor because: to S&F

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What do these troublemakers expect....they are trying to provoke Israel by continually breaking the laws of the land....

why dont they go and do their good deeds in countries that are really poor because of famine and drought etc were millions of children are dying of starvation ?????

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Coo

What do these troublemakers expect....they are trying to provoke Israel by continually breaking the laws of the land....

Please provide links to these "laws of the land" because last I heard, the UN and many other countries called the blockade by Israel unlawfull...

I will ofcourse apologise if you show me where it is the "law of the land"

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Coo

Gee Coo, 1.5 million Gazans are illegally being blockaded. Seems to me anyone who brings attention to this is doing the world a service.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coo

why dont they go and do their good deeds in countries that are really poor because of famine and drought etc were millions of children are dying of starvation ?????

You're absolutely correct on your statement.

They would not target any other country besides Israel because they know they would not stand a chance of being fired upon, captured or even killed.

Would they go to Zimbabwe to protest Robert Mugabe's iron fist rule and starvation of his people?

Would they go to the DPRK? PRC? Burma? No way.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

Not illegally, immorally maybe.. But it depends.. The naval blockade is reasonable..

Why should we let them smuggle guns? Egypt is doing the same thing because they know they're only causing trouble for the whole region.. Seriously, if someone said they're going to kill you, would you give that person a gun?

Or is there a better way of making sure they don't bring in anything bad?

As for the ban on certain goods, well that's immoral, ineffective and just plain stupid..

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
They attacked Jewish activists?

Anti-semitism! Anti-semitism!
Call the ADL!
Call Larry King!
Call Deborah Lipstadt!
Open a Holocaust museum!

And that folks, is using their own propaganda against them.

top topics

join