It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Response Limits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I really enjoy my investigations here , but find it difficult to sift thru more than about 30-40 replys on the same thread when most are two liners and a smiley face .

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to break the responses into packets of 30-50 and lable them *your topic title here*+1st. 50 replies 2nd 50 replies and such , as it is difficult to not only sift thru the poop that is occasionaly posted , but to return to a thread and continue where you left off .

I have thought that the My ATS feature would help , but that only applies to a thread that someone has personaly posted to ., and I can't bookmark every thing (sure I can , just trying to help you make this easier for me).

Also , with the influx of new members daily , it might be a good idea to keep just one post at the top regarding the Boolean Search feature and how it should be used (by new and current members : AKA Everyone Read...)to keep the pressure off the MODS to continually re-direct , or close threads on subjects that have already been posted .

Share your thoughts , and tell the MODS what you think , not me .

It may just be that my attention span has weakend as I am approaching 40 or it may be the fact that I seem to have lost my thought for the moment .....will read this later if I can find it , or remember to find it . Overcast with chance of rain if the humidity reaches 100% or more , news at sometime between 10:59 and 11:01 stay tuned stay tuned stay tuned stay tooooned . End of post ..

P.s. crap , I forget

[edit on 24-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Eleven minutes later , 20 views , and already # 20 in the standings . Someone respond so I can forget what I wrote about , not doing this for points , I get a ton of one liner penalties .

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Umm...Isnt that what page numbers are for?? 20 Replies a page...isnt that basically what your asking?? To have the thread seperated into sections of so many replies?? Its already done....

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thanks , didn't make the connection til you pointed that out , Still a Boolean search tutorial might not be a bad idea stuck at the top as to relieve the MODS of so much editing and re-directing .

Also , from the guy who was my "adoptive" entrance to ATS , I would expect more support , and less "know it all" attitude .

Thanks for being there for me bud !

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If you move your eyes inbetween the FAQ and RECENT POSTS text links up at top you'll be startled to see a TUTORIAL link which will take you here: www.belowtopsecret.com...# and confer much enlightenment.

cheers
ktpr

new topics

top topics

join