It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

want food for a year? its vegiterian and freezedried only set ya back 799 from costco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
www.costco.com... costco they never cease to stop raising the bar for what is too much but hey if you want a years supplie of food check it out

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
guess im the only one who shopps at costco oh well i got my own little problem at home at the moment so i guess ill just let this die

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
S&F my friend. I love stuff like this, and with this and a combo of dehydrating yourself, you can double the supply. I will definitely send this to some friends.

Its a good starter to say the least.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Don't thesekind of foods needs lots of water in order to make them edible again (besides cook it)?.....In emergencies you don't have too much of it and you may not be able to have fire for cooking.

Personally I try to have a little storage of canned fruits and vegs, granola, tuna, crackers, cookies, water....., couple of times a year I use them and replace them asap.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Who in their right mind would pay 800 bucks for a years worth of freezie-crap-in-a-can? In an emergency of any sort who is going to be lugging around all those cans? And probably you'll forget your can opener too.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

actualy from looking at the description they have the pop tops like some dog foods and soups but yeah the water part is a problem but hey that is less then i spend on food in a two month period of time so it is decent for holding on to food for a while and as far as lugging it i think most people plan on keeping it in there home not a back pack i just figured some survivalists might be interested

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

Where ever you go, you need water.

It's only 75 dollars a month for food for one person. Some people have someplace in the hills where they can run away to. This stuff keeps for years. You put it there. You have it for emergencies. You hope to god you never have to eat it because if you do, it means that the SWhaveHTF. Even if you plan to plant a garden where you bug out to, takes awhile for the veggies to grow. You got a family of four? The four of you can eat for three months till the veggies start coming in. Even if you just keep it in your garage. Some terrorist manages to blow out the grid, the food trucks will stop. You can feed your family when the supermarket has been ransacked and is empty. Just don't tell the neighbors. They might kill you for a tin of powdered eggs.
Ideal, no, but a lot better than nothing.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Ouch... Expensive food back there stateside.. Thats more than I spend in 10 years.. Grow all my own food here only get things like soy sauce, sesame oil and nac muam sauce at shop once a year downriver in ho chi minh city..

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
You could do all this yourself and save a ton. Buy, or better yet build a light-bulb powered food-dehydrator. Store your own grains, rice, beans, etc. and with the money you saved, buy a gas grill and a couple of propane bottles.

Or, if you insist on "bugging out" and living in the parking lot that every highway will instantly become, then get an old coleman gasoline-powered camping stove. I don't think coleman makes them any more, but you can buy them at garage sales for about $10 apiece (I own two) you fill the fuel pod with a pint of gasoline, and then pump it up to pressurize it. cooks fine, but way pricier than LNG, which is far more common than even a decade ago (especially in the midwest and west USA). Bottles and camp stove for LNG will fit in my x-cargo on top of the SUV and no one knows I have them.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Costco has a seed package that should be good for newcomers to gardening. Comes with instructions that are easy to follow, and not a bad price for open pollinated seeds. There are better sources for open pollinated seeds but this isn't a bad deal.

Emergency Garden Seeds - Costco

top topics

join