It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New small robot being tested and used in Iraq !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They are helping US marines in urban combat going into houses and locating the enemy and they are small and cheap so they are easily replaced. Do you think they will be useful or not?

Carnegie Mellon University robotics researchers, in conjunction with the U.S. Marine Corps' Warfighting Laboratory, have developed a small, throwable, remote-controlled prototype robot designed for surveillance in urban settings. Several of the robots are being sent to Iraq for testing.
The robot, known as Dragon Runner, has the ability to see around corners and deliver information to Marines while keeping them out of danger in
urban settings where human access is impractical, dangerous or unsustainable.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by WestPoint23]

[edit on 24-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
here is the link.

Dragon Runner

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think robots like this can be very useful in urban enviroments seems like this robot is alot easier to carry around than the packbot but im not sure if it can get places as easy as the packbot can like up stairs. These robots are the future I think but I would love to hear how people using them now really think about them If the like them or would rather just carry more ammo than one of these things

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:06 AM
link   
they have all different types of robota ones for bomb disposal and others for firepower that can be fitted eith 50 cal and 4 rockets.

new topics

top topics

join