It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey mods, there's a "glitch" in the Matrix.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This is not a "complaint" so I didn't want to disturb the "complaint" mods with this info.

This is more a glitch that I feel should be addressed, tho it's not critical to the inner workings of ATS.

I'm here to make the mods aware of the "glitch" that appears concerning the number of threads posted in member profiles. I have made 22 threads since my membership, in my profile it shows that I have made 44! (alternate universe theory??!
) This has been a glitch since I started posting threads and I just got around to adressing it...cuz...it's not a huge deal. I thought I would point out that this is something that should be fixed whenever the mods get to it.

Thanks!

EDIT: woops forgot to include this thread in the count. That makes 23 threads created, sooo....now it says 45.

edit on 29-9-2010 by Wookiep because: to add edit!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Same here, 13 not 46.

Does that comma count as a line break, making that two lines?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I'm not sure if the comma interferes with a line or not.
I'm often afraid that I may make an extra line that is not satisfactory, giving the mods a reason to delete my post! Good question! Star.

EDIT can't give stars to board question posts.

edit on 29-9-2010 by Wookiep because: umm yeah

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

...cuz...it's not a huge deal.
Yeah...like that's the reason! You're getting double stats out of no where! I can see why it wouldn't be a complaint...but this needs to be fixed if heaps of new members are having this "problem"...my numbers seems fine at first glance.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
My numbers seemingly aren't right either. My first thought wasn't a glitch though... I just assumed I'd posted things and forgotten.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Wookiep,

Could it be that you created 23 threads and made a complaint about a thread 22 times? (You see, complaints also add up to you "thread created" total).

Peace

Edit: I believe it is the "alert" function. If you use it, it will count as a "thread created". Each alert is appointed it's own thread in the background for moderators to see.

edit on 29-9-2010 by operation mindcrime because: extra info

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Man... I didn't even notice this, but thanks... now it'll be another year til I can join the freakin ATS Chat (I DID happen to notice they increased the number of posts from 200 to 500 to be able to join the chat room) I'd like to be able to actually join a LIVE conversation for once - don't get me wrong, these forums are all cool and well but let's face it... chat rooms are a million times better; it's not too hard to have a few moderators to kick trouble makers out.. or is that the problem? :T

I enjoy listening to the live radio streams, but it really sucks when I can't sit and talk to everyone about the LIVE radio shows without either annoying the hell out of whoever's sitting behind Skype during the show or sitting here typing responses on the Forums DURING the show, causing me to miss out on things that are being discussed.

Oh well, maybe someday.

On another note, where can we see how many posts we currently have? I'd like to see what my current count is.

Weird - it just let me in the ATS chat - maybe they're finally changing the number to something more reasonable
:: crosses fingers ::

edit on 29-9-2010 by sum1one because: updated info

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by Wookiep

Wookiep,

Could it be that you created 23 threads and made a complaint about a thread 22 times? (You see, complaints also add up to you "thread created" total).

Peace

Edit: I believe it is the "alert" function. If you use it, it will count as a "thread created". Each alert is appointed it's own thread in the background for moderators to see.

edit on 29-9-2010 by operation mindcrime because: extra info

I don't recall making "complaints" about other threads 22 times... there have been a "few" over time, but not that many!
In either case...it's interesting that you state thread counts would correlate to "complaints" made.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I don't recall making "complaints" about other threads 22 times..

You've opened up the "comments" section in your Profile. That's another one.
The software obviously has a broad definition of "thread".

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by sum1one

On another note, where can we see how many posts we currently have? I'd like to see what my current count is.

Go into Tools and check your profile.
"Post count" is in the left-hand-column.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Hmmm.. that's also a good point! Could it be? If so, I'd like to ask that the mods fix (when you get around to it), please?
These things should not constitute making a "thread" !

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

There's no way to alter that since when you make a complaint it creates a new thread in the staff only complaints forum. Those threads are redacted from the site's total thread count however, since they are not public. The over head it would take to remove them from individual member accounts in the huge database is just not worth the effort or the added drag on the server such a function would cause.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Same here. But there have been times when I accidentally clicked on "new thread" instead of "reply".

Even though I used the browser back arrow to undo it, it still shows on the number of threads. Meh, small detail to be ignored imo.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by Wookiep

There's no way to alter that since when you make a complaint it creates a new thread in the staff only complaints forum. Those threads are redacted from the site's total thread count however, since they are not public. The over head it would take to remove them from individual member accounts in the huge database is just not worth the effort or the added drag on the server such a function would cause.

Springer...

hm ok. I guess my question now, is why are "complaints" submitted by users considered in the code as the same thing as "starting a new thread" in the first place? I figured they were more like private U2U's.
(shows how much I know) I don't think, in principle, they are even remotely the same thing at all!! ?.... If it can't be fixed then..Oh well! I'll live.

Also, what about users opening the "comments" section in their profile? Does this really constitute a "thread" as well? If so, why can't that be fixed? Thanks!

edit on 3-10-2010 by Wookiep because: clarity

new topics

top topics

join