It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inhofe Says EPA's New Boiler Rule Could Kill Nearly 800,000 Manufacturing Jobs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The top Republican on a Senate environmental panel released a scathing report Tuesday that he contends shows that the Environmental Protection Agency's new proposed rule on cleaning up boilers nationwide could devastate America's manufacturing base and imperil hundreds of thousands of jobs without providing any real public health or environmental benefits.
Yeah I know FOX but...

OK America let's collectively bend over and not expect a kiss.

The little guy takes it from the left and takes it from the right. Key phrase there is the little guy takes it. So if true this could potentially single handedly wipe out many of the new jobs that the stimulus spending created.

Nice Going guys!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Wow looks like Obama wants to give us the royal screw over.

President Obama repeated in an interview released Tuesday that energy policy remains one of his top priorities, and he will throw the weight of his office behind energy policy regulations in the same way he did for the new health care law.
fox news
So is what he's saying is that we won't know what is in the regulation until it's implemented?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
oops nm

edit on 28-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

When it rains it pours.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I am doubtful anyone can stop this agenda. It looks like it will just get worse and worse,until there's nothing left.

"Isn't the only hope for the planet that the industrialized civilizations collapse? Isn't it our responsibility to bring about?"
-Maurice Strong

"Who is Maurice Strong?"
the-classic-liberal.com...

On a related note:

"19 Facts About The Deindustrialization Of America That Will Blow Your Mind"
www.blacklistednews.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

um what stimulus jobs you mean the government jobs? saved or created i believe it was

epa + cap and tax = job killers

"The EPA also lists a series of other benefits, including a reduction in asthma, bronchitis, heart attacks, hospital visits and lost work days..............."

speaking of someone who knows heart disease very well i know for a fact a industrial boiler doesnt give people heart attacks- genetics and diet are the primary causes plus weight.

simple fact a 20 hepa filter on your hvac would mitigate lot of emissions.

nah im not buying what they are selling just a way to kill jobs under the guise of "saving the planet" and "saving the public " from itself

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Yes exactly it's similar to as Ron Paul mentioned about the passing of the Health care reform.
We wont know all the details until after it's done. That's a lousy way to fly IMO.

edit on 29-9-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Another nail in the U.S. job market's coffin...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The top Republican on a Senate environmental panel released a scathing report Tuesday that he contends shows that the Environmental Protection Agency's new proposed rule on cleaning up boilers nationwide could devastate America's manufacturing base and imperil hundreds of thousands of jobs without providing any real public health or environmental benefits.
Yeah I know FOX but...

The Top Republican is pointing out how Obama may be killing jobs with new regulation while Republicans blocked a vote yesterday to tax companies that export jobs overseas?
Republicans block taxing companies that export jobs???

Am I the only one that sees it as a little suspicious to warn about how the other guys are going to kill jobs while you actively already are?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Giving this thread a shameless bump. It's too important not to be seen IMO.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
800,000 jobs just to shave off some carbon output for a Global Warming scam!?

I now remember who Inhofe is. I wouldn't trust that guy, I may end up having to rescind the statement above. That guy is a huge partisan liar and will do anything to slander the 'left', it's what him and most other Republicans do best. Take whatever he says and divide it by 4 in my opinion.

edit on 9/29/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join