It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crooks for Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Who's Knocking on Your Door

A party with known murderer's like Ted Kennedy at the top of the heap can be expected to allow 527 groups employing known felons to go door to door on their behalf, if you are duped into giving your personal information to a paid democratic operative can you then soon expect Identity theft and other crimes to be committed against you?

Boston Herald

A left-wing group with ties to Sen. John F. Kerry's presidential campaign is hiring convicted sex offenders and batterers to go door-to-door to register voters in several battleground states.

ACT operates regionally in New Hampshire and Maine, two key swing states Kerry badly needs to win. In the Granite State, the ACT operation is run by longtime Kerry ally Dennis Newman, a Boston lawyer

Felons work as canvassers in major metropolitan areas in Missouri, Florida and Ohio.

The wire service's review of criminal records showed the names and hometowns of dozens of ACT employees in those states matched those of people convicted of crimes such as burglary, drug dealing, assault and sex offenses.

Among other things, the canvassers request voter telephone numbers and Social Security numbers.

The democrats of course will say that everyone deserves a second chance, if thats the bet you want to take when one these people knocks on your door - so be it.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more heat. Sounds like a quality topic to me.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Dude,

We're in Michigan, this is considered a battle state, it better not happen here. I'll be sure to keep my pepper spray handy and my gun by my side.

I wouldn't trust any felon no matter how much dems think they deserve a second chance...

You actually think Ted Kennedy would allow a known felon to walk up to his door to canvass for some political cause?? I don't think so.

But I live in a pretty nice area so I doubt they'd have the guts to come out this far.... They'd probably get away with it in detroit though...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
Who's Knocking on Your Door

A party with known murderer's like Ted Kennedy at the top of the heap can be expected to allow 527 groups employing known felons to go door to door on their behalf

The way I feel about Ted Kennedy can be summed up by the following exchange from the movie MAJOR LEAGUE...
(The following is broadcaster Harry Doyle (Bob Uecker) talking to his partner on the air about a certain NY Yankees player as he comes to bat)

HARRY: "He's a convicted felon, isn't he Monty?"
MONTY: (looking at papers) "Um, doesn't say that here."
HARRY: "Well, he should be."

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So people are upset that ex-cons are working. Ok. Is working at McDonald's ok for ex-cons? Can someone please list the jobs they think ex-cons should and should not be employd in?

if you are duped into giving your personal information to a paid democratic operative can you then soon expect Identity theft and other crimes to be committed against you?

No. That's just silly.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm not saying this is right or wrong, but I wonder if the outcry would be larger if they hadn't hired these "thugs" because of a past criminal history. It is clearly a "no win" situation for anyone.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
ted kennedy hiring felons? i though he was a massachusets(sp) eletist who could actually aford the best for he and his neo commie friends. i guess i was just wrong.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It's really no big deal. I know a convicted and released (after 10 years) murderer who works for a prominant political telemarketing agency. People CAN change. It's just a matter of knowing if they have.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by Fry2]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Phoenix:

if you are duped into giving your personal information to a paid democratic operative can you then soon expect Identity theft and other crimes to be committed against you?

I think this is good advice in general. If you give out personal information to any person knocking at your door, you're looking for trouble. Felons know this better than the average person.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
It's really no big deal. I know a convicted and released (after 10 years) murderer who works for a prominant political telemarketing agency. People CAN change. It's just a matter of knowing if they have.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by Fry2]

Exactly "knowing" is the word, if you don't know these people on a personal level, I wouldn't want them coming around here. I'm sure can change, and God I hope they have, they should be aware of their wrong doing and know that people have a hard time giving these people second chances which they brought of themselves. First impressions make the longest impression, and imprisonment over a felony of some sort just isn't a positive one imo.

top topics

join