It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leopard Kills Baboon,adopts its baby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
WOW!

What a awesome video this is!

This truly brings joy to my eyes.

www.break.com...

I just hope that the leopard continues to care for the baby until it can be on its own.
What are the chances that it lives?

Would a leopard know what to feed a baboon?

edit on 28-9-2010 by gpena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The leopard is keeping it for supper when it's grown a bit bigger to be worth eating.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

=O

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That was beautiful!
Thank you for posting it.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
animals are much more perceptive and intelligent that we humans give them credit for
that's what this video teaches me

maybe the biologists who propound the' nature is hateful and ruthless' paradigm need to open their eyes

good post

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gpena

I just hope that the leopard continues to care for the baby until it can be on its own.
What are the chances that it lives?

Zero. The baby baboon died of hypothermia.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Cute but how does it end???

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
The leopard is keeping it for supper when it's grown a bit bigger to be worth eating.

Yep lol, once those mothering instincts wear off that ape is potential food
- it's a game of time, maybe the Baboon will grow up enough to be able to get away before that happens...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
double posty

edit on 28/9/2010 by Now_Then because: da daaa!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
Cute but how does it end???

not so good for the baby baboon turns out leopards can't really care for baboons but she wanted too ,poor both of them

there is a series of videos on youtube of a lioness that kept stealing Eland calves and trying to mother them they died of course,but it was weird because after a few attempts and dead calves she would let the real mother hang around and allow the calves to go nurse it 's quite a story

so last time this happened she was walking down a trail with her little captive/ baby and was spotted by a wandering male lion who killed the calf ,as if to say what are you doing with this thing ?!

then as I recall it it she vanished

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Cute.

But I think it ended up dying from the cold. Doesn't the baby need to remain in the mothers pouch while its still a newborn?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's a nice video, but I can't see it ending well at all. Did the baby really die of hypothermia? I guess it would probably be that or starvation (unless mama realizes she found a new cat toy).

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
how did you hear that it died becuae of that?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gpena

Watch the video, It says they baby succombed to the cold in the evening.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
yes these storys are nice to see But time for a reality check .
the leopard was still young 1 . and the leopard like most cats is geared for a chase so if the pray doesnt run the chase instinct is not set off .
So if the chase instinct is not set off then what instinct will be? well in this case you have a young animal a baby so the metrinial instincts kick in instead . It must react nature programed it to .But can only react in a way nature programed .there is no attachment in the mother cub way here there is just the metrinal instinct .
dogs have been known to adopt a shoe as a seraget pup .
On a final note as much as people flam my spelling I dont understand how you can be so Uneducated as to think even for a mint that a cat could rear a baboon baby .This leopard isnt even lactating and even if it was that still leaves to problems the leopards milk would not keep the baboon alive and even if it could a baboon requires a nursing time of alest a YEAR a leopard does NOT give milk for more then 3 months TOPS.
the leopards and lions that try caring for there pray animals are doomed to fail as the diffference between them is to much.
and again the cats are NOT thinking O i feel sorry for the baby whos mother i just killed .They just react to movement in one way or the other .Running = chase and kill .Slow movments and high pitched sounds means baby which kicks in metrinial instinks .
You give this animal human intelligence and morals when all taht is happing here can be explained by instincts alone

top topics

join