It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill To Tax Firms That Export Jobs Fails In Senate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The Senate on Tuesday blocked tax legislation that would have punished U.S. firms that export jobs. But the political symbolism of trying to save American jobs, not passing a bill, was the Democrats' closing argument on the economy in the waning weeks of the congressional elections.

This is not really surprising. The government has been catering to corporations for years at the expense of the common citizen. The outsourcing will continue unchecked. The government will see to that.

I'm surprised this wasn't posted already. I was shocked when nothing came up in search.

The employment situation in this country will keep getting worse. Between outsourcing jobs and importing labor to work the jobs that cannot be outsourced, the citizens of this country are being and will be destroyed.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d62d9bbdb0be.png[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Can you supply a link to the quote you gave.

Would like to see if this was just another scam.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Can you supply a link to the quote you gave.

Would like to see if this was just another scam.

Oh sorry, I forgot to copy/paste the link.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Knew I was forgetting something.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is why we have to get rid of the Democrats and Republicans. They are power hungry PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS. Many of them are millionaires and lawyers. They should be replaced by CITIZEN STATESMEN who love America more than they love power and money. We also need to make lobbying a DEATH PENALTY OFFENSE. The only people my representative and congressman need to listen to are those constituents who reside in the congressional district.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

do you know what is driving business out of this country? taxes, regulations, unions business leave this country for the simple fact its too expensive to do business.

to the rest when i hear hate the corporations who rant on and on about that need to actually think of the magnitude of that comment.

corporations big small are businesses large and small businesses those are the people who employ you they make everything well almost everything you take for granted in this country.

from the wood to build your homes to the automobiles and the parts they both need to computers, electronics and the ics and chips that go in them almost everything in this country has a direct tie to corporations and not all corporations are mega corporations.

they make everything phones,ipod,tv,xbox 360s,ps3 and even films that is the magnitude of what you people are condemning.

without them you would not have anything at all nothing at all without them you really would be living in a cave playing with sticks without internet or a computer so we can come here and gripe about the current state of the union.

and when you steal the fruits of their labor and you start telling them how much they have to pay and what they can or can not being doing YOU ARE killing business off in this country.

like them or hate them we all need them.

this bill was blocked for the simply fact it would not have stopped jack until taxes and regulations are put in check outsourcing will continue thats a fact.

if we really had a free market or free trade this country would be hugely different than you see without competition prices are driven up jobs are lost and wealth is lost.

if you people are serious about stopping outsourcing fight for real free trade.

free trade is the absence of government intervention and until that happens this problem will never go away.

my 2 cents as always i post you decide

edit on 28-9-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
How come the ads are blocking me from getting to the most recent posts? That is stupid.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
How come the ads are blocking me from getting to the most recent posts? That is stupid.

Oh you too?? I thought it was just me.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
C'mon now, if the bill had of passed, it might of screwed up the ratings for the new comedy on TV called "Outsourced."

What slap in the face eh? But what can one expect from these @ssclowns? While they are outsourcing all the jobs they want you to watch a TV show about your outsourced jobs just to add insult to injury.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
The American people have some hard decisions to make. Corporations are shipping jobs overseas. This might not be a bad thing. Americans have to return to what they do best and create their own jobs.

Government isn't the answer to job creation. It's the American entrepreneur. That's who makes jobs in this country. When people start making jobs for themselves again, that is when this economy is really going to start moving.

I would like for the government to tax the hell out of companies that ship jobs overseas. Hell, I would like it if they not only did that but put massive tariffs on imports of items manufactured overseas by companies headquartered in the United States. But you know Washington isn't going to do that because these huge corporations have them by the wallet.

So the American people have to do it themselves again, make products themselves again, do work for themselves again and go into business for themselves again. Sure it's hard but Americans have for far too long been dependent on large corporations for jobs.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I understand your POV but it's not that simple. Corporations are shipping jobs to countries that have the lowest labor costs --- no matter what. They can save billions by using employees that have no legal protections, no benefits, no minimum wage laws, no workplace safety standards and for whom they do not have to pay employer taxes. For all intent and purpose they are simply predating on people in other countries.

So we have two choices here in the USA: we can strip away all of the employee protections and mimimum wage laws so we can be dollar-for-dollar competitive with 3rd world countries in order to compete for these jobs; or, we can put legislation in-place that levels the playing field in our favor by making those cut-rate labor costs not quite so cut-rate.

What corporations are doing is the same as off-shore banking. Allow them to skirt US laws by doing their business with countries that have laws more favorable to the corporations. Back at the turn of the last century workers in this country were at the mercy of business. They had no wage protections of any kind, no workplace safety requirements, no benefits, no protection against child labor, no restriction on hours worked or breaks. The country was one huge sweatshop. Decades of improvements have made labor more expensive in this country so corporations are simply looking for that 1920 sweatshop in another country. To hell with the people.

If a corporation wants to uproot its entire operation and move to Malaysia in order to take advantage of child sweatshop labor let them. But don't keep your operation in the US with your private jet fleet, top-tier telecommunications, security, clean water, etc. Move the whole damn thing and take your chances.

new topics

top topics

join