It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

U.S. warned it could lose air supremacy

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by feindflug

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I think 400-600 raptor 1000+ F-35 also our current jets yeah we could win air dominance and everyone has great ideas but if you don't have the cash to make them oh well they are useless also devil take a guess how many aircraft do you think the pentagon is hiding from the American people.


hey foxnews creation, you will be lucky if you will get more then 200


The USAF has a total requirement of 224 aircraft and the first operational wing of F/A-22 Raptors will be based at Langley AFB in Virginia,


Can I see a source for that? Not that I doubt they only require 224, but the last I heard they were getting around 300, not 200. Also, 224 would be MORE then enough against any enemy that isn't a nuclear military power, and if we DO go to war against a nuclear power, all the jets in the world won't mean a damn thing cause we will all be dead


Of course, that becomes obsolete thinking once the US nuclear missle shield is completed




posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by feindflug

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I think 400-600 raptor 1000+ F-35 also our current jets yeah we could win air dominance and everyone has great ideas but if you don't have the cash to make them oh well they are useless also devil take a guess how many aircraft do you think the pentagon is hiding from the American people.


hey foxnews creation, you will be lucky if you will get more then 200


The USAF has a total requirement of 224 aircraft and the first operational wing of F/A-22 Raptors will be based at Langley AFB in Virginia,


Can I see a source for that? Not that I doubt they only require 224, but the last I heard they were getting around 300, not 200. Also, 224 would be MORE then enough against any enemy that isn't a nuclear military power, and if we DO go to war against a nuclear power, all the jets in the world won't mean a damn thing cause we will all be dead


Of course, that becomes obsolete thinking once the US nuclear missle shield is completed


ok.. the source is from www.airforce-technology.com and the amer nms
, this is really a compaign trick by bush, 8 poor systems by 2008 wont do anything but rice the defence a little bit from north korean scud copies with extended range
, USA seriously lags behind in air-defence, russia for example has over 2000 s-300 series, and other ABM defences around it,

+ even if amers get real defence systems in couple of decades it wont matter because of the MARVS decoys and other evading technology on the ICBM systems.



posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
well I would like to see the Russians try and stop our lasers and rods from god combined with ICBM's I doubt they can stop all of those and our missile shield is only in its beginning stages just wait till its compleated.



posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
well I would like to see the Russians try and stop our lasers and rods from god combined with ICBM's I doubt they can stop all of those and our missile shield is only in its beginning stages just wait till its compleated.




what are you talking about?
there arent any lasers, only psueso ABM defences like THAAD and pac-3, and if amers get lasers up there, then the russians and the chinese will also get their lasers into space.. laser dont really matter though with all the MARVS laser defence shields decoys and other countermeasures..



posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by feindflug

Originally posted by WestPoint23
well I would like to see the Russians try and stop our lasers and rods from god combined with ICBM's I doubt they can stop all of those and our missile shield is only in its beginning stages just wait till its compleated.




what are you talking about?
there arent any lasers, only psueso ABM defences like THAAD and pac-3, and if amers get lasers up there, then the russians and the chinese will also get their lasers into space.. laser dont really matter though with all the MARVS laser defence shields decoys and other countermeasures..


Have you ever heard of this?
AirBornLaser
Boeing


Or this?
Advanced Tactical Laser




Looks like the US DOES have some lasers


As for your assumption that Russia and China will get Lasers into space if the US does, it is not realistic. China cannot manufacture there own orbital laser system or target aquisition system without outside help. Add to this the fact that just recently have they put a man in space, and it's fair to say that the US with over a quarter century head start will probably beat the Chi-comms to it by 25-40 years.

As for Russia, they have the tech to do it, but not the money. Actually, I don't even know if they have the tech, but I will assume they do because I never like to underestimate the Russians. But even if they had the tech to get a system in place, there isn't the money to get a several dozen constilation laser blanket over the earth for them.



posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Have you ever heard of this?
AirBornLaser
Boeing


Or this?
Advanced Tactical Laser




Looks like the US DOES have some lasers


As for your assumption that Russia and China will get Lasers into space if the US does, it is not realistic. China cannot manufacture there own orbital laser system or target aquisition system without outside help. Add to this the fact that just recently have they put a man in space, and it's fair to say that the US with over a quarter century head start will probably beat the Chi-comms to it by 25-40 years.

As for Russia, they have the tech to do it, but not the money. Actually, I don't even know if they have the tech, but I will assume they do because I never like to underestimate the Russians. But even if they had the tech to get a system in place, there isn't the money to get a several dozen constilation laser blanket over the earth for them.






israel has helped china to obtain this laser technology, also russia had A-60 airborn laser too and space ABM lasers before the americans, russia and china has warned that they will ressurect the technology into space if us deploys theirs, and the tech you showed really cant do anything to ICBMs, at least russias with all the countermeasures.. anyway.. both russia and us has this tech, and russias economy is booming + it costs alot less them american tech


hell there is still a laser system deployed in kazakhstan, but this one is to disable satellites and is now probably abandoned.



here is some illustration


www.fas.org...
The Soviet Strategic Defense Program involved extensive research on advanced technologies in the 1980s. The USSR already had ground-based lasers, conceptually illustrated here, capable of interfering with some US satellites.




www.nasm.si.edu...


Beginning in the 1960s, the Soviet Union conducted a substantial research program to develop a defense against ballistic missiles. The Soviets built, and Russia continues to maintain, the world's only operational anti-ballistic missile system. Additional programs focused on the development of other ground- and space-based weapons using laser, particle beam, and kinetic energy technology.



i can find more #loads of info for you if you wish, but dont forget, usa isnt the only one with this technology.



posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I was watching Discovery Wings channel, and said that a plane could detect decoys.



posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
I was watching Discovery Wings channel, and said that a plane could detect decoys.



heh you expect me to belive you after all the BS you posted?
, give some real source, and even if it can "detect" decoys from ICBMs which i doubt, it still wont pass the icbms laaser shields or damage the MARVs which will be raining down on US.



posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Feindflug,

Like I said, I do not doubt Russias technical ability to build a laser system. Chinas I do. You not only have to build a laser that can burn a hole in a missle, but you have to be able to hit said missle. This involves not only targeting and tracking of the missle (which I do not believe china has the ability to do at such high speeds) but also adjusting the laser to compinsate for atmosphere conditions.

Aslo, as far as Russia and money is concerned, let's see them update/upkeep their current weapons, before they go building a ICBM laser defense shield.



posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
You also said that Russia had Space based lasers, which is a total farse.

I will say again - the US is the only country in the world that could put together a COMPLETE space based nuclear defense system. No one else has the $$$$ and tech to do so at this time.

EDIT:

Also, Russia (as far as I know, if you know better please give link) does not have countermessures equiped, but has tested them - there is a difference. It is like how Russia makes sweet tech demonstrator aircraft while the US goes ahead and puts them into service.

[edit on 1-7-2004 by American Mad Man]



posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by feindflug

Originally posted by Laxpla
I was watching Discovery Wings channel, and said that a plane could detect decoys.



heh you expect me to belive you after all the BS you posted?
, give some real source, and even if it can "detect" decoys from ICBMs which i doubt, it still wont pass the icbms laaser shields or damage the MARVs which will be raining down on US.


Now you make me disrespect you even more. About your signature, Nasa didn't even spend money on that pen.


Hmm... BS? Lets prove you wrong right off the start.





Link1

"Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] today announced it has won a contract from the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) to further develop and demonstrate the first system capable of destroying multiple ballistic missile threats and decoys with a single launch. The system will carry multiple small kill vehicles that will destroy adversarial missiles and decoys by colliding with them in space."


Iam cureently searching Lockheeds site for the plane information, no luck so far.



posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
laxpla,

don't worry - everyone knows the US is top dog. Let all of these Russians and Chi-comms and who ever else believe they are on top.... There ego is bruised and they need this to feel better. Mean while the US will continue to further the gap between our millitary and the rest of the worlds....



posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
you might want to add this to the mix


Lockheed Martin is under contract to build an advanced all-laser infrared countermeasure testbed for the Air Force Research Laboratory at Wright-Patterson AFB,..... The testbed will use two-color missile warning, a miniature laser gimbal, a multiband laser, and advanced closed-loop countermeasures processing to demonstrate its effectiveness against all types of air-to-air and surface-to-air infrared missiles.

www.lockheedmartin.com...



posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Guess he isn't responding anymore.



posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
hey what was that comment about rods form god all about anyway?
dont worry USA we're working our way up the ladder to get to your hieght just give us time.
we may have crap jets now just give us a few more years and we'll get there!



posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just saying my favorite space based weapon that the USAF will accomplish also devil no offense but when you get where we are now we will be making better things then when you get there we will be making even better things you see its a patter since we are ahead we can keep the lead.



posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
You know people that if China decleare war with USA.

USA soldier would not have enogh bulets in their guns.



posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Why would we need to invade we could just bomb them with our airforce and navy until they surrendered and if that is not enough we would invade only after we are sure that our bombing took its toll also since when has a lack of bullets ever been an issue in war. The US has plenty of bullets.



posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
This sounds more like a general raising alarms to increase military spending and cut some fat new contracts out for defense contractors. Really, I mean, its obvious, using older model planes when we have much newer ones against new russian fighters is a pretty lame way to say were losin it.

Me thinks someone be squaking to loosen the wallets in washington.


At last, someone with a little wit to see the truth.

The ultra high tech stuff is interesting and all but the practicalities of it all make the 'fan-boy' element (so visible here) such an unrealistic and tedious bore. Sorry guys but more than a few of you could do with understanding deployment, support, operation and logistics (the people with genuine military experience here know what I'm talking about).

Of course it's the usual paranoid military song (they did it with the bomber-gap and they did it with the missile-gap and they did it with the Foxbat....how many times?).

It's amusing to hear it when the world and his wife know Russia isn't into a big arms-race game anymore and China isn't either.....no doubt a handfull of ultra-paranoids and weapons geeks will lap up this crap but thankfully few others will approve the pissing away of yet more tax-dollars. The shameless stretching of credibility is new I guess.

How many records do you USA types wish to set over this....y'all already spending more than ever?

How many fully servicable hi-tech fully supported and deployed weapons is anyone (other than the western powers) supposed to have?

Just about none? Yeah, that'd be about right.

......and just in case the message isn't quite there for the slow learners.....could someone please explain how all the hi-tech in the world (especially the ABM star wars stuff) is going to help in the type of low-tech conflicts most people (as in those connected with anything like reality) see as the only plausible future conflict anyone will be getting into?



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join