It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies and Music.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
More and more these days I'm coming across musicians who's music is themed mostly on conspiracy theories.
I'm also coming across more and more mysterious deaths in the entertainment industry.
I wanted to start a thread for the discussion of such artists and groups and other conspiracy theories focused around music and stuff like this.

I know this can potentially be too wide of a range of topic for a discussion, but I have good reasons to be starting this thread.

And of course here they are..

1: I am a musician, and I'm in need for more inspiration of sorts. (you guessed it, I'm writing about this stuff!)
2: This will hopefully show some ATSers some new music they can possibly enjoy.
3: I haven't found too many threads discussing music and conspiracies. All the ones I've found focus on the lyrics for individual songs.
4: Although there's a lot of negative media out there and a lot of media has negative effects on us, there is some out there that promotes truth seeking.
5: Most importantly, I think it could be fun, and informative in the end. :3

To start off...
Some music I think you should check out:
Lost Children of Babylon
Muse
(I promise I will add more as soon as my boyfriend gets off his computer.. I can't think of any more off the top of my head and will have to go through my collection of music I have on there..)

And a little more fuel to this fire:
Some of the more known conspiracies in music..
Dave Mustaine of Megadeath
Tupac
A little bit on Muse..

So, bring on the sharing!

One thing I'm especially interested in, is if anyone has any stories of musicians mysteriously dying after they started talking about stuff like the Illuminati. *

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
There are some that claim that music, along with other entertainment media, is thrust upon the masses via the elite funded "Culture Creation Industry". The Tavistock Institute in London is the main control engine of this industry that essentially moves society along in the direction they want via changes in popular culture, opening the masses to ideas and societal changes that previous generations had deemed unacceptable and/or dangerous.

Here is a link to an article about Tavistock...

www.educate-yourself.org...

Alan Watt often covers this issue in his broadcasts, found here...

www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com...

It's an interesting topic, and there is no doubt that the music industry is awash with masonic and other occult imagery and lyrics, more so recently than any time I can think of.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

kanyeswests famous rant over selling his soul

Here is professor mcgiff, he was in the famous hip hop group in th 80s calledpublic enemy
He talks about all the so called sacrifice of aleya,kanye wests mother,dr dre son,lady gagas friend and many more. This man was ment to be murdered for thefame of public enemy but he found out!!
and has be fighting them ever since,
He is a insider that talks

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Clutch has some good stuff.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

I'm checking out that first link right now,
and it's got some pretty interesting stuff on it.

Secret organizations, secret societies controlling most of the media that the world takes in.
Society being subjected to mind control through media, without most people even realizing.
Is it an attempt to dumb us down and control us for their own personal agendas?
It's possible, but then theres the increase in media that is themed on these secret societies, society being lied to and controlled, which I would think these secret organizations would be slightly opposed to.
So either they're trying to make us realize they exist, are using reverse psychology to convince us that they don't exist and that it's all just fiction made up by hollywood, they don't exist at all and really are just made up by hollywood, or soon anyone in the media who suggests such things will start to disappear ? (Along with many faces of youtube & ect.. lol)

As for the second link, I'm in the process of downloading his itunes podcast.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

This is something rather obvious to me. Any new style or brand of pop music that comes out seemingly will have numerous bands abounding that sound similar. It doesn't take long for the airwaves or the nation to be saturated with this junk.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
As for all the video posts, I haven't watched them all the way through yet, cause I'm slightly distracted by making delicious cinnamon pancakes...
But...
AWESOME.
I have to say thanks to everyone so far (and for any more replies this thread might get),
this is all great stuff that should come in handy for the new music I'm working on.

reply to post by Soldier of God

Metal is always welcome. It's actually been a while since I've listened to stuff like this.
I added them as a friend, and I'm going to try to find more of their music later.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by missmusicalmilk

I just came across my facebook page and someone just posted the new song of Katy Perry .. E.T

www.youtube.com...#!

Pay attention to the lyrics. :O

You're so hypnotising
could u be the devil, could you be an angel
your touch magnetizing
feels like going floating, leave my body glowing

They say be afraid
you're not like the others, futuristic lovers
different DNA, they dont understand u

You're from a whole other/another world
a different dimension
you open my eyes
and im ready to go, lead me into the light

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

This is true as well.
Unfortunately, a big part of it is, and will be (if it continues like this) the fad factor.
It may have started with good intentions, but when people figure out something sells, it loses its purpose.

The only hope is that this has more of a positive effect on society than the rest of the junk spewed out at us by the media.
At least open peoples minds to how easily they accept things and to encourage people to think for themselves.
But, I can only hope.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Awesome thread, I have always wondered about conspiracies and music. Has anyone ever heard of the Harp and harp players (musicians) mentioned in the Bible? It's true that music has accompanied man since very early on. Here are some songs that make me think about the LYRICS.................

Pink Floyd- The Wall
www.youtube.com...

Rihanna- Disturbia
www.youtube.com...

Led Zepplin- Stairway To Heaven
www.youtube.com...

Micheal Jackson- Thriller
www.youtube.com...

Methinks we need to rally around musicians that have composed a message to help mankind, they are fast becoming targets just like many microbiologist, scientist etc,.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Best part of the video is towards the end, around 3:50 or so.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
"Methinks we need to rally around musicians that have composed a message to help mankind"

Like the well known musician in the story below who is out to help mankind?

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

Puleeze!...spare us the altruistic nonsense already...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Great Thread! Everyone loves music and when the message is powerful all the better it is!

This is one of my favorite bands Thrice. They are all about truth in their lyrics.
This is Of Dust And Nations - I could listen to this song over and over. Especially this version

and this is Image of the Invisible

And there's also another favorite band of mine Periphery. They have some awesome stuff too! With a greaatt message!

This is Zyglrox

Try to listen to the lyrics!
S&F!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I was just waiting to see which fish would nibble.....looks like I caught one.

below a master list of microbiologist who have died under curious circumstances.
methinks we should put one together for musicians....like Micheal Jackson,
John Lennon- Beatles, Jimmi Hendrix, Richard Wright-Pink Floyd (whose father
was a BIOCHEMIST) the list goes on.........

www.rense.com...

Microbiologists
www.rense.com...
www.rense.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i like these guys out of asheville nc. GFE-- The 4th Estate

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I ve been looking into this topic too the last few days and came across this interview with Bob Dylan. So far this has made the most impression on me because he is deadly serious...although there is a smile in there somewhere.

Then there is the story of Robert Johnson who sold his soul on the crossroads and was able to play the guitar as never before.

I've heared that certain sound waves stimulate the brain in a pleasant way and I am thinking about to do some research on that and see if there is a connection to be laid with what is happening in the music industry/satanism.

I noticed that many young new artist are flashing occult handsymbol signals and that their music and performance/ videoclips have something about them. In particular Rhianna, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and of as late Beyonce seems to have changed too.

Overall you are right when you say that a lot of artist are using the occult subject in their music. It to be either for the occult cause with subliminal messages....symbols in the background, their lyrics or agaist them....Eminem/not afraid.

I am still wondering if the unfortunate death of Eric Claptons child has something to do with this #.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Conspiracies and music?

How about linking 4 major record companies to weapon manufacturers?

This is from the album Yanqui U.X.O. by Godspeed You Black Emperor!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Sorry the YT link didn't work....probably the devils work...

Another attempt...

www.youtube.com...

Really...it is a must see....Bob is frasing his words carefully as if he doesn't want to make a fool of himself but still want to tell and to be honest about it. Watch it a few times and think about it...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

such an innovative "band", their imagery suits the music well though i've only heard lift your skinny fists....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join