It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets of Scientology now on BBC1.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

If your religion is so based on something so sacred, then tell me, what it is? Or are you not allowed to tell anyone?

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

You don't understand Scientology. The religion cannot exist without the church. Please explain how our beliefs can be ok but our doctrines aren't? Since they're the same thing.

You're making a lot of claims about forced abortions and murders which I do not believe so we cannot logically have a conversation about how excommunicated members are treated.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk

If your religion is so based on something so sacred, then tell me, what it is? Or are you not allowed to tell anyone?

This makes no sense.

I explained earlier what its based on.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You know what in my terminoglogy, you are beneath me, you believe in what you as a so called the religion of scientology, weither that is with your church and you have stated you do not work for it, that for one I think you are lying,

Your religion is nor better or no worse than those in the west boruogh Baptist church that is for sure.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Wow.

Thats harsh.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

You know the saying. The truth hurts. You defend a church that you have stated you no longer work for. That to me a cope out. While people are being hurt, or thier families are being torn apart.

Tell me I am interested how many hours per week does sceintologists have to work and how much are they paid an hour. You do know over in the UK. We have a minimum wage right?

Oh and I have seen Scientologists in action, attacking a man who is disabled, only to be warned by the Police over thier actions.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Damn... i missed it

Anyone know if it’s going to be repeated?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

You are talking to a wall. There's no convincing the "faithful" that their "religion" is a fraud. You would have just as much luck trying to convince a Peoples Temple or Heavens Gate member that their "religion" is a big scam. They would argue otherwise right up to the point that they drink the cool aid, and lose consciousness. It's evident that scientology boy here is either a net operative of the group (since the internet access of the rank/file members is filtered at best), or a novice to the "religion". Realization takes rational, and critical thought in order to manifest. The "faithful" are unable of either of those until they reach a certain breaking point... granted they reach that point before their spirit is broken.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Actually conversely there is no convincing you people either. Larauk resorted to saying I am beneath her out of desperation and you resort to calling me a church agent the same way debunkers are called disinformation agents and despite the fact that I particiate heavily in other threads yet this is the only time I have stopped to discuss my religion. Good luck in your quest as well.

Both of you fail to recognize that there are two sides to every story and that the media is full infotainment. All the sensationalist media is doing is painting a story where there is a good guy and a bad guy when really there is neither.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

From your PM:

I was going to respond in the thread, but I don't want to bring anything from a private message out into public without your knowledge, so I will ask here unless you post that info on the thread.

You are saying that as far as you have learned, all that stuff about aliens and volcanoes is lies? There is websites that claim to be showing the official story giving that information.

If that's the way it is, I feel bad for your group. You guys have it way worse than Freemasonry. At least they stories they make up about us aren't believed by most folks.

And now for the zinger. (this is what we get accused of all the time so I find particular humor in asking this) Is it possible that you aren't high enough in the church to know the real story?

It's OK with me if you copy any or all if my posts to the thread. In fact, if you don't mind doing so, I think it will either open up some minds or at least give you a much larger base of people to argue with.

TThe Xenu story is not the official story of Scientology as so many of those websites claim. As a matter of fact, if you knew how strict the church is with the copyrights and publishing rights you would know that "South Park" would not have been able to air that episode if it were true.

A dead give away on the accuracy of "South Park" should be where they show that the Catholic church worships a giant spider and molests boys because the holy document of Vatican law says to because there are aliens in the Vatican whose women have three foot wide vaginas with razor sharp teeth. Yes I do watch the show.
Also another giveaway is that Peruvian flute bands are protecting the world from giant Guinea Pigs.

So anyway, no Xenu is not a central theme to Scientology. No one at the church has ever mentioned that name to me except in the context of "South Park".

As with I am sure is true with Freemasonry, the only way to get the true story is by actually talking to a Scientologist. But you would be hard pressed to convince some people of that. They swear if they walk into a church they're going to be hypnotized, tied up in a basement, forced to give up all their money and become a slave to the church. When in actuality you can walk in, buy a book and leave to go read it at home.

If you understand the concept of Scientology, its very simple. The whole idea is to get rid of the reactive mind. Xenu doesnt fit in there anywhere. Just like if you understand Catholicism you realize they don't worship a giant spider.

And actually Scientology is non-denominational. You can practice Scientology without it conflicting with your own religion as there is no worshipping anyone or anything in Scientology. You decide what God to worship or none at all. We don't even worship L. Ron Hubbard as some would have you believe. He doesn't claim to be a God, he himself said he was just a man trying to help his fellow man out.

The people that work at the churches are human beings too. They have families to support and husband and wives. My mom works at the church, as I have said before.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
Just like if you understand Catholicism you realize they don't worship a giant spider.

wait, what? they don't? 13 years of catechism down the drain. JK.

Thanks for answering my questions and I wish you luck in your journey.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I actually was born Catholic. I've even been Baptized, but my own path through life has led me away from it.

I'm always willing to answer questions about Scientology.

I wish you luck in your journey too. Life is a treacherous path and anything that helps you stay on it and get through the rough times is something I think we all search for. Scientology has done that for me many times.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

I wanted to add that the only thing that determines whether or not a religion is a scam to you is a matter of opinion. What makes Scientology a scam and Christianity not? I don't believe in Christianity and so i could say that it is a scam because they convince people to give them money and worship a non-existent God so they can go to a happy place in the sky when they die which doesn't exist. That doesn't mean i need run around shouting that the religion should be banned and people should not be allowed to practice it.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Thank you for your answers and explinations. I too watched this program and was left feeling a bit confused why anyone would stay in a group once they got to OT3 and saw the Xenu references... but you say there is NO Xenu?

I'm not sure if I should be p!ssed at the BBC for lying or myself for thinking it 'might' be true!

I was brought up by a Freemason and my husband is one [new] and both my Father and my Husband are the kindest loving people I have ever known... Although we did have fun teasing my hubby with tales of what happens at the initiation ceremony! he he he

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

No you contradicted yourself.

One moment you are stating, that you do not work for the church anymore. The you go on and defend it.

You either still work for them or you do not.

It is simple. Caught out maybe by lying in the first place.

Desperation hah that is a joke.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Something else I want to ask. If the Cult of Scientology have nothing to hide, and is as open as some have potrayed in this thread.

Then why do they hire Private Investigators, to follow others around with Cameras to try and obtain thier identity?

Also why is it when members leave, if they criticise the Cult, they are harrassed, demonised by the Cult. Thier neighbours are sent false information with regards to that individual.

Also I want to know how many levels there are in Scientology and how much each level costs?

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

I won't answer anymore questions from you because you're askig questions i already answered and ignoring most of what I say.

I will clarify the allged contradiction. I don't work for the church. I don't see why i have to work for my church to try and clear up misconceptions about my religion.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

I don't have any hard feelings about it. Its just typical sensationalist media.

Thanks for your polite response and your interest and for takig the time to read my posts.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Up to you, but I will continue to post, comment contradicting what you say about the church. And its actions against those whom criticise it. Its a forum And I am allowed to post my comments either agreeing or criticising. If you have a problem with that then that is your perogative not mines.

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Oks I will give you proof if you want it, I will be uploading testimonies from parents of whom children who are involved in Scientology oks.

Now If the so called Church Of Scientology is open and free,why will they not allow this family, to cntact thier daughter to speak to her to make sure she is oks. I will post them in due course.

edit on 2-10-2010 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join