It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Australia -- 17-09-2010

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
That to me looks like a helicopter with a searchlight. The blinking out at the end was the turning off of the light. My guess is search and rescue training for the Fleet Air Arm from HMAS Albatros. But if not, wow what a cool vid. Anyone know any personnel from Albatros that could give us an idea of what craft they had in the air at that time?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Kind of looks like a hot air balloon to me. I don't know.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The missile explanation is a non-starter. There is no way any missiles are going to be flying about in the air near populated areas. Barring an accident (or in aggression), they would surely only be launched at designated test ranges.

For similar reasons, I would rule out any possibility that this is 'black budget' government technology. Australia has vast tracts of deserted land with which to test any unusual hardware.

As KaliPrime mentioned, the light is unusual in itself. It pulses and changes shape which doesn't exactly correspond with the lights from an aircraft and it would have been incredibly clever for somebody to recreate this effect with CGI. I'm with FireMoon on this point, if somebody faked it, which is possible of course, then they deserve an Oscar.

So could this be the real deal?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
That to me looks like a helicopter with a searchlight. The blinking out at the end was the turning off of the light. My guess is search and rescue training for the Fleet Air Arm from HMAS Albatros. But if not, wow what a cool vid. Anyone know any personnel from Albatros that could give us an idea of what craft they had in the air at that time?

I don't know man, it could be I suppose. But I just have a hard time believing (imagining....admitting) people are witnessing 'normal' every day scenes (like a helicopter or bug on their windshield) and absolutely KNOWS what the scene consists of, and in a rash moment decides to parlay that into a hoax.

I guess it's just not MY mindset so it's hard for me to fathom others having this mutant mean-gene! Unless of course, the majority of UFO-video-filmers are a bunch of morons and......as dumb as a box of rocks. I guess that's possible as well

edit on 29-9-2010 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
Reflection of some sort of light in the window!..And this got flags and how many pages of threads?..see how it moves with the camera..so its a "drums rolling" cell phone light!

Mr skepticc.....

To my mind, it doesn't look like it's a "reflection of some sort of light in the window".

Let me know if you feel like elaborating on your position a little.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There is only one issue that goes against this UFO being a helicopter.
My brother lives in Oak Cliff here in Dallas and its an area with higher crime rates then most areas and because of that we see a lot of helicopters with search light "ghetto birds" as we call them.
If we consider this UFO to be a helicopter than how is it the search light so bright and at all times. That only means that the light has to be pointed towards the direction of the camera holder at all times even while its heading the other way.
When we see the search lights in Oak Cliff we only notice the light that strong when its shined towards our direction. When its facing another direction the light is only barely visible and we only see the streak of the direction the light is shining too.
Heres a picture of one at night with the light facing another direction.

Heres one with the light facing towards the camera.

In both a streak is visible and also the helicopter is sort of visible.
I dont see a figure or a streak in the case of the video.
Also I don't see how the clouds would be illuminated by a helicopter.

Heres a video of a helicopter with a search light on and you can clearly see a streak and a bit of the helicopter. Also the tail light is visible and blinking.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
between 43 and 44 secs , there seems to be a discharge from the main body to the clouds !
its like it dischages some ball , or maybe a smaller probe

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

3finjo.....

That to me looks like a helicopter with a searchlight. The blinking out at the end was the turning off of the light.

With the available information, I don't believe we can totally exclude the option of the object being a helicopter.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
interesting clip. the only thing i can say, is that whatever it was, it seemed to be JUST below those low lying clouds. whatever it is, i can't tell. but it's illuminated brightly.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

Armour For Victor.....

I agree with the points you make & I was thinking about those things myself.

That is to say.....

The "spotlight path" & the "nav lights" are visible at some point in each of the helicopter videos & pictures that have been posted, whilst both are not visible as pertains to the object.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 29-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Heres another video with the light shining towards the camera at 0:33 secs. At the point the images are similar.
But one would assume that if the video in question is a helisopter that it would have to be pointed towards the camera all through out the video.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I might have missed the nav lights and the spotlight path in the OP video. I will go back and double check.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Woah, I just went back to the video and there is sound at the very begining of the video. Maybe for like a second. You can hear some sort of noise, although I can't tell what it is. The person who took this video said his volume was off. But it almost sounds like he turns off the sound. Then again im not sure.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Ok last video. This one is a good one, because towards the end, neither the search light or the NAV lights are visible, so the discussion is still open..lol.
It's a good feeling when you do your homework.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
what I think we should investigate is the luminosity of that object as compared to the streetlights , cant we get some sort of measure of how intense the light is in comparison to the street lamp. Then find out what exactly is capable that we know of in creating light that intense.

Cant spinning electromagnetic fields under electric current generate a source of intense light ?

Superluminal electromagnetic field wave propagation

Maybe this explains the light source and also the ability to travel FTL

edit on 29-9-2010 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Armour For Victor

the debate is still open , however this still does not account for the upward illumination of the clouds.
From the footage the "object " clearly illuminates in 360 degree above and below.
What objects that we know of can do this , for that to happen on a helicopter the helicopter would need to be bathed in light , which would alos impede the pilots navigation.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Thank you for posting this interesting video WishForWings.
Rarely (so far this year) have there been any posts worth discussing.
However this video is interesting for several reasons.

Let me start by saying that I am a skeptic, however my honest opinion is that we should all be skeptical!
However what happens a-l-l- the time on ATS (and presumably on all kinds of forums) is that people simply run off their mouths and become all emotional, or come in with preconceived ideas. And I try to not do this.

Let's start with the "facts" as far as we can tell:

YouTube: what can we tell:
It is a video with less than 2,000 views on YouTube, so no external effort has been made to publicize this video (yet).
The person posted the video under a new account on YouTube and therefore it is impossible to tell if this person has any previous record of posting unusual videos.
However under his account the user has favorited two UFO videos, and from his post is clearly very excited at what he has captured: www.youtube.com...

Maybe (Maybe Not) contacted the person who posted the video and we received some basic information, and this is always interesting to me:

LG model KP500:
The device capturing the video is a relatively inexpensive LG Smartphone: model LG KP500
Specifications: www.letsgomobile.org...
Images (including the back of the phone, showing the camera and transparent lens cover): www.mobileburn.com...
User Manual: (large PDF! be warned): media.phonehouse.com...
SUMMARY: A cheap Smartphone, capable of capturing 2 megapixel images, and low resolution video. The poster indicates that the video was captured at the highest resolution possible, which would be: 320x240 pixels, presumably at 12 frames per second. Hence the data quality. I have no reason to think that the video that we see was not captured on the device indicated.

[start of edit]
REFLECTED CELLPHONE LIGHT:
I have to add this right now... because people are clearly confused.
My first port of call with videos (especially lights captured at night!) is reflected light - such as indicated in a few posts here... however, this is not the case here:
1. The phone doesn't have a light at the back: The LG KP 500 does not have a cellphone light or flash, as clearly described in the device specifications (see links above).
The camera is positioned on the back of the phone, and there is (as I say) no flash.
Therefore whilst capturing a video or picture no light is emitted from the camera/phone during capture, and so no light could be reflected.
If the camera were positioned on the front of the phone, then there could possibly be some reflected light from the phone itself, as the camera is positioned on the back of the phone... that is not possible.
Additionally - as I describe below - this video was not captured behind a window...
2. Not in Sync: Furthermore - the light does not travel in sync with the movement of the camera/phone - at times the light is ahead of the movement of the phone, at times in sync and at times the light 'trails' the movement of the phone.
3. Clouds: Finally - the lighting up of the clouds is very clear (as I discuss below in some detail), singularly clear, reflected light would not possibly show something even remotely like clouds being lit up... I am a skeptic at heart, but nothing in this video indicates reflected light?
[/end of edit]

LENS FLARE AND THE POSITION OF THE PERSON CAPTURING THE VIDEO:
As with most Smartphones with built in cameras, the lens has a transparent plastic shield which commonly creates lens flare when the image captured is a light source, and we see traces of lens flare on the video, which (of course) people jump all over thinking that the video was captured through a window... for which there is no evidence... watching the video it looks like this video was shot by someone standing up in the middle of the road, nothing obstructs the view during the capture of this video.
SUMMARY: Video captured by a person on foot, the transparent plastic shield caused lens flare.

MUTED SOUND:
As clearly indicated by the person capturing the video, and posted by Maybe Maybe Not.. the sound was muted when the video was captured. One has to assume that the advanced setting on the video capture screen was too difficult for the person to navigate to (those bothered can read the instruction manual specifically see page 60 for a view of the video capture screen on the phone - linked above), and that he neglected to hit the rocker switch on the side of the camera which maybe would have switched the sound capture back on.
SUMMARY: This of course causes all kinds of conjecture as one can see scrolling through many posts. Ultimately it is not possible to prove one way or the other... It could of course been a ruse designed to eliminate the sound of the object, or it could have been as the poster of the video describes, the heat of the moment caused him to ignore the audio settings. One has to err on the side of being skeptical here and give negative points because the lack of sound leaves doubt.

FRAMING:
Several comments exist about the framing of the object... that it seems like the person capturing the object predicts where it is going to travel, and one can indeed see some of this when you watch the video objectively. Of course it is equally possible that the person capturing the video tries to pan slightly left to move away from the bright street lamps.
SUMMARY: I have to agree that the movement of the phone whilst capturing the image does move slightly 'ahead' of the object at times, however, anyone capturing this object might well want to pan left to move the street lights out of the view...

CLOUDS:
The single most impressive thing captured is the lighting up of the clouds above the object, which is singularly unusual, the object is clearly below the clouds and not 'in' the clouds. As this all happens at some distance from the camera and as others mention because of the position, this does not result in lens flare. From what is seen this object is lighting up and evidently lighting upwards, which is something I have not witnessed from a plane or helicopter... One can conject that a helicopter with a search lamp pointing upwards might result in such a view?
SUMMARY: Singularly unusual lighting effect, the effect has nothing to do with the Smartphone, the object itself is lighting the clouds above itself... very unusual.

DISAPPEARANCE:
When the object suddenly disappears - or perhaps switches off its lights! - it does indeed look like the person capturing the video is confused, in the one or two seconds after the object disappears... it looks like some confusion from the way that the camera pans around.
SUMMARY: The person capturing the video seems confused.

CGI?:
From what I see, this does not seem to be CGI in origin, I would very much like to see the file header etc from the original video, and some analysis of the video itself (rather than anyone playing with the output on YouTube).
SUMMARY:
Does not look like typical CGI, however until any further analysis I cannot say for certain.

FINAL SUMMARY:
Whilst I cannot indicate anything about the object itself, one is left thinking that this is indeed an object moving intelligently through the sky, lighting up clouds positioned above itself, and that a person saw this object, grabbed their Smartphone and captured the evidence. Because of no other objective evidence, and because of the proximity to a runway/naval establishment... and without other video evidence or testimony, we are left with what we see... unusual video of an object traveling with purpose through the night sky, lighting up the clouds above itself, and either disappearing or switching off its lights...

I have not seen other similar videos (yet!) and would greatly appreciate seeing such videos.

askbaby OUT.

edit on 29-9-2010 by askbaby because: edited for clarity about the LG 500 smartphone and its not having a light/flash capability

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I've worked in the aviation field. No way would a helo fly in weather like that unless it was an emergency. If the cloud cover was that low then no helo's would be flying at that time. Plus, I see no value in pointing a search light UPWARDS. Unless your goal was to create mass hysteria. If we assume it's a helo then that cloud cover is pretty darned low.

The only problem I have is WHY? Why would they bring attention to themselves in this fashion. Why not just land on the white house steps in broad daylight?

Bottom line, this is just one more video in millions. I am a believer but I just don't think they would make their presence known in this fashion.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

very good points ,

one thing about panning , everyone naturally pans the camera for fear of a moving object that interesting going out of screen shot !

we all do this when taking videos of moving objects , I dont think the videographer in this instance was aware of its intended direction and was simply panning to follow it . After all he did rush to film it with excitement and forget the audio.Something that awesome you dont want to lose

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
PS...aren't search lights mounted on the bottom of helo's. I'm trying to picture how a search light can point upwards in the sky like that.

Was the helo upside down? Or can someone point me to a link that shows a helo with search lights above and below?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join