It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Australian footage of Neil Armstrong's moon walk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

New Australian footage of Neil Armstrong's moon walk

news.yahoo.com

Long-lost footage of Neil Armstrong descending the ladder of the Apollo 11 lunar module will be screened in public for the first time in Sydney next week, a prominent astronomer told AFP.

The footage runs for a few minutes and is considered to be some of the best footage of the historic 1969 moonwalk, but the film was lost in archives for many years and was badly damaged when found, said John Sarkissian.

It depicts the first few minutes of Armstrong's descent which was recorded in Australia as NASA was still scrambling for a signal, showing a far clearer image than was initially screene
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Upon reading the rest of the article you'll see that the only people who have had a pleasure to view this footage so far, are actual Apollo mission members. This is pretty cool and just furthers the evidence that we actually have been there. It's too bad none of us could have seen the footage before "They" got a hold of it. Maybe we'll still find a few interesting anomalies. We can only hope

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
So he did go to the Moon.
I wonder how it felt going down the ladder at 1/6 th or however less the
gravity was.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
With such low gravity.. Would you really even need a ladder? Couldn't you theoretically just walk out of the craft and safely "fall" to the moon surface?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Maybe, but why?
And getting back up might be a problem.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I didn't really think of getting back in

I suppose if I ever went to the moon though, I would probably be going under the assumption that I'd never come back anyhow. Maybe a nice trip around November of 2012. Watch the Earth crumble with a front row seat.. Suppose I wouldn't have much of a reason to get back in the craft then.

But in all seriousness, I'm excited to see this film. They're saying it's much clearer than the initial moments in the NASA footage. It seems as though films such as this always find a way to get "lost" and rediscovered.. You would think something as substantial as footage of the first moon landing would be in a pretty safe place somewhere. That's where the conspiracy in this one is. How many clips, recordings and pieces of footage have been "lost" for decades and then rediscovered at a later date. Were they really lost? Or was this a diversion tactic to have an excuse not to release footage that may disclose some information we aren't suppose to know about.. So they conveniently find it after we have the technology to easily edit such footage.. I dunno.. Speculation. It's the ATSer coming out in me.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
With such low gravity.. Would you really even need a ladder? Couldn't you theoretically just walk out of the craft and safely "fall" to the moon surface?

I was thinking almost the same thing yet why be a dare devil and take a leap onto the ground.
Such critique never popped up in those tense days as Walter Cronkite gave us the CBS News
of the Moon Landing.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

i think the moon landings that we (the general tax paying population) have seen are false ,please check out www.conspiracyplanet.com...
however its possible nasa found something else up there. aliens or perhaps previous maned visit evidence ie pyramids, swastikas or structures why havent "we" been back ,instead of building international space station why didnt "we" build a moon base.

new topics

top topics

join