It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Talk About NBC's "The Event"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hello Ats

So there is a lot of talk and publicity about this show. The show is literally everywhere !? Internet, every television channel, paper etc ... So why ? whats the big deal ?

Some think it's a "soft disclosure". A little bit of what the government will actually leak on national television.
Myself, i missed the first episode which premiered September 20th. But i caught most of the second show.

A lot of tension and suspense leading to the end of the show, what i saw at the end of the show a hijacked airplane vanish in the air from a vortex thing similar to the Norway spiral

I remember listening to a David Wilcox interview (i know, i know ... ), and he said that the Norway Spiral was actually a government project that could knock things out of the sky, kind of like a missile defense system..

Anyways do you think NBC is showing off right in front of our eyes ? or is it just coincidence that the airplane just vanished, and all the publicity of the show is just to keep people interested in .. another show ?

PS:
I missed the first one so if anyone would recap it that would be cool

Love and Peace
Kelliott

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
If you saw the plane disappear, you didn't miss the first episode, you missed the second one.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Soft Disclosure my ass.

V is soft disclousre too, and stargate, and x-files, and the 4400 and about a dozen other movies and shows.

The event is actually pretty lame so far, and i can't be bothered to watch any more episodes of it. It is following the exact same kind of story line as V. With flashbacks which are quite annoying, in a lame attempt to copy LOST. If the government was going to give disclosure, they wouldn't do it in the form of a tv show, because only a select percent of the population would even watch the show. It's just another hyped up tv that fails to deliver.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
UFOs were shutting cars and automobiles back in the day when novice
pilots were training.
They can shut down power plants and missile silos.
Even lift up people who get too close while landing like Walton.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is simply the worst show and I agree witht the other poster who said that the references to an earlier time of the characters life is horribly lame and makes one loose interest quickly. Althought the bulk of the actors are identifiable from other shows this is going to be one of their low points. It's drawn out and even the special effects for the plane are somewhat dated at least in appearance. I was truly looking to be entertained but I actually fell asleep halfway through the show. It's frustrating to see this type of show fail because deep down inside you would want this type of programing to elicit some thinking from those who may not have given ufology any consideration in fact this will scare them away with boredom....way to go NBC

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Wow, i'm surprised to see such distaste for the show so far! But, I guess to each their own.. I've enjoyed it quite thoroughly so far. Then again, I enjoy anything with a nice UFO story! Only 2 episodes in, perhaps ya'll should give it a chance...

That being said, i'm interested to see where the story goes. I'm guessing that with the mention of such similarity to us, they will pursue a "creation" storyline. As in, they created us. Perhaps even venturing the down the path of the Annunaki? Personally, I think that would be an interesting place to take it. After watching last nights episode, they are starting to show a duality in the mindsets between the main female "alien" and the new guy they introduced last night who apparently killed all of the people in the airplane. Perhaps this represents the duality of Enki and Enlil in the Annunaki storyline? One who likes us, one who resents us?...... Just my thoughts on it. I'm anxious to see!

Regardless, I dunno about the soft disclosure or not... Seems like that's been going on for years.. To de-sensitize... Quite honestly, i'm sick of soft disclosure and thinking about soft disclosure.. Enough is enough, I want real disclosure. Those who aren't ready WILL BE READY after they hear the truth... they will have no choice

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Soft disclosure? no.

But if we are going to take the conspiracy theorist route....

I was watching last night, and couldn't help but make a few 9/11 conspiracy theory connections.

The "no plane" thing, passengers disappearing.

Hirer ups wanting to know more.

I'll have to go back and watch to really explain it (should have posted last night) but anyone else get that feeling?

I will say though, I think a TV as disclosure of anything is BS, but hey it's fun to think about it.

And I agree...crappy show so far. Slow...sub par acting. Trying to be other shows. etc etc etc

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I was a Lost fanatic, until the final episode. The final episode was so disappointing it made me feel like I had wasted my time and money watching the entire series. So, seeing as it is made by J.J. Abrams, I'm going to steer clear of it. If all of you are expecting this show to wrap up perfectly with an ending that ties all the loose strings that I'm sure they're creating episode by episode, don't hold your breathe. Lost failed to address 95% of the mysteries that were initially created.

As for it being for a soft disclosure, I highly doubt it. Unless somehow J.J. Abrams is a high ranking C.I.A. officer specially trained in director sub-par mystery shows.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I really can't stand the acting in this show. Nor can I stand the "5 years ago" and "15 minutes ago" flashback formula. Argh! So frustrating, but for some reason I think I'll end up watching every episode of this crap. I think I hate myself. That's the only way to explain it.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I also think the show is rather decent, and quite interesting.

and I dont watch TV,, ever. lol

I watched the first episode online (hulu)
but went to my brothers last night to watch the second one (i dont have one of those special cable boxes)

and as much as I cant stand television..
this show had me watching the whole time. lol

"Aliens", That look like we do, crashed in Alaska 60 some years ago,
and have been held under lock and key for all these years,
and now the government is trying to figure out how to tell the world,
and trying to figure out exactly why they are here.

These visitors don't age as fast as we do,
and they can do things that no human can do.

Being held in Alaska (most of them)
But some of them have "infiltrated" the system,
and are now working on the inside, unknown to any Earth officials.

Quite interesting.

and quite close to what I feel is really going on....

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
Soft disclosure? no.

But if we are going to take the conspiracy theorist route....

I was watching last night, and couldn't help but make a few 9/11 conspiracy theory connections.

The "no plane" thing, passengers disappearing.

Caught the parallels as well but I didn't connect it to no-plane theories. The disappearance of the plane and passengers along with the cover-up are a perfect allusion to what happens in the real world when it comes to conspiracies/false flags and officials who "just follow orders".

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
To me, watching The Event is like watching movies like Charlies Angels. The plot is cliché, the acting is not so great, but it's a nice entertainment when you have nothing left to do but pick your nose and write blogposts about the texture, color and taste of whatever comes out of it.

edit on 28-9-2010 by henriquefd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
You can catch the first episode, it was far more exciting than the second, watch online now...

www.nbc.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
I was a Lost fanatic, until the final episode. The final episode was so disappointing it made me feel like I had wasted my time and money watching the entire series. So, seeing as it is made by J.J. Abrams, I'm going to steer clear of it. If all of you are expecting this show to wrap up perfectly with an ending that ties all the loose strings that I'm sure they're creating episode by episode, don't hold your breathe. Lost failed to address 95% of the mysteries that were initially created.

As for it being for a soft disclosure, I highly doubt it. Unless somehow J.J. Abrams is a high ranking C.I.A. officer specially trained in director sub-par mystery shows.
Check again. Abrams has nothing to do with The Event. His new series this season is Undercovers.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This show is another Persons Unknown.

Big hype, sub par acting and you don't care how they get to the end, you just want them to get there so you know what the hell the show was about.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I thought Persons Unknown was amazing. I loved the suspense of that show. I hated the fact that the end of season 1 left off which such a HUGE cliffhanger, only to find out the show has been cancelled forever lol. I'd like to find out what level 2 is like!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Many good shows have been cancelled because the greedy producers don't let the plot to move forward fast enough and fill the show with side stories. When you see a show that every single episode you learn more about the characters but very little about the plot, believe me, that show will be cancelled.

Yo! Dumb hollywood producers! Just plan the series to be shorter, move the plot faster and maybe the show will last more than one season!

edit on 30-9-2010 by henriquefd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A bit late i know, but ive just realised 'the event' is debueing on british channel e4 tonight, if you tune into e4+1 its only 15 mins into the first episode, ok.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I personally find the show quite entertaining.. even if it is putting the cat on the wrong path, most of my family/friends dont even realise they are on a path, they just worship football and celebs and their thinking stops at that.. so it could be to losen the goyim up alittle.

p.s this is my first post.hello xxx

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ouroborus2012

Wow was I wrong about the show and it was cancelled...I actually ended up loving the show..go figure

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join