It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING:President Carter hospitalized after landing in Cleveland for book signing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

BREAKING
resident Carter hospitalized after landing in Cleveland for book signing

www.abcactionnews.com...

CLEVELAND - Former President Jimmy Carter has been taken to the hospital after landing at Cleveland Hopkins Airport Tuesday morning.

NewsChannel5 crews at MetroHealth Medical Center said an ambulance arrived with Secret Service crews and an Ohio State Highway Patrol cruiser following it. People in the emergency room at the hospital told our crew they were kicked out because they were told “President Carter is coming.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.11alive.com...
www.wbay.com...

edit on Tue Sep 28 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix links

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
While Jimmy Carter wasn't a favorite president of mine, I can say that he was the most humblest.

His humanitarian efforts after he was in office has surpassed any other political figure I can think of. While I don't agree with him on different things, one can't deny that he has a caring heart.

Don't know the deatails of his illness as of yet, we can only hope that he'll have a quick recovery.

[url=http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpps/shared/president-carter-hospitalized-after-landing-in-cleveland-for-book-signing_5168743]www.abcactionnews.com[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Let's hope he recovers and this turns out to be a relatively minor problem.

Many (more than I care to admit) seem to characterize the former President in a poor light. However I have always suspected that the nature of the 'failures' of his presidency had much to do with the stereotypical obstructionist and interfering nature of 20th century political conduct.

Political careerists have always seemed to hate having a principled and genuine personality in White House. It gets in the way of 'political' business.

Ted Kennedy killed the universal health care bill that Carter tried to enact, Bush Sr. and his CIA associates meddled in Middle Easter foreign policy as Carter tried to free the hostages taken in Iran, while Reagan used his media clout to woo the nation decrying Carter's failure. Yet it was Carter who established and codified directives directly protecting all Americans from intelligence gathering activities.... which the younger Bush quickly voided after his first inauguration.

Politicos as a class of our society have destroyed so much. And yet they are still lauded as heroes to our people.... Carter may have been one of the last who 'might have been' had he been less trusting of the people who surrounded him.

Flame away!

edit on 28-9-2010 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Star.

While I didn't dislike him, I did criticize him for not acting more aggressive during his administration. I've always said that he was too humble to be president and now that I've gotten older, I can say that his good nature is a positive quality for a world leader.

You can't deny that he's got a good sense of humor when he says that his administration did a better job for the nation than the present one is currently doing.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Another fan of President Cater posting the same news story.
You're allllwright!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sad, but I hope he recovers, after all he and his wife are from just two counties away in Americus, he's well loved in that neck of the woods.

My son in law just bought Carter's wife oldest surviving relative home, sadly she passed away a few weeks ago.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Aww, bummer...

Working for an A/V outfit in Atlanta, I actually got to put on his lapel mic twice- amidst a few secret service agents, of course. We did some things with the Carter Center, and he was always real nice. Never demanding, like I have seen with other high ups. And those pesky White House advance teams...Grrr...

I hope he recovers.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Best of luck Mr. President.

You are one of the good guys..lets hope they sort you out asap...get back on the road of trying to spread your world peace and reasoning ideals.

No matter how you view the man's presidency...Carter is one hell of a good guy..a proper white hat...so, send happy thoughts his way for a speedy recovery...we need people like him in a insane world to continue trying to bring peace.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Sad to hear this. I hope it isn't serious. I was just watching him on John Stewart the other night. He looked really good and was very funny. John even pointed out how good the President looked. They were talking a bit about that O'donnell chick and President Carter even made a masterbation joke about himself as a younger man. I think Carter is one of the very few classy Presidents. Get well soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I just read on CNN that he is doing fine. He was experiencing an upset stomach after a flight, so the trip to the hospital was precautionary. Must have been one heck of an upset stomach.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
While I didn't really care for him as a president, he always did come off to me as a caring man, and humble. Not enough of this type of person in politics today.......I hope he gets better soon.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
I just read on CNN that he is doing fine. He was experiencing an upset stomach after a flight, so the trip to the hospital was precautionary. Must have been one heck of an upset stomach.

Good to hear.

its interesting that it takes bad news for people to reflect on the goodness of a man...seems we are so preoccupied with seeing evil that we forget about the fighters whom do good.

of course, a news cycle of positive news would be a bit boring to watch I guess.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I just saw this. Thanks for posting the update. Star to you. Can't be too careful especially at his age.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Hopefully for the Carters the death will not travel in three's. I am convinced in my family it seems to work that way.

Interesting that your so closely connected, it is weird when we have people even famous in our hearts and minds and then tragedy strikes that family.

Like I said I only wish for the best for President Carter, and his swift recovery.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I would give Carter a second term if he was only 10 years younger. But unfortunately like MarxMars pointed out, he wasn't good with the politicos of the '70s and that is nothing like the politicos of today, his presidency would be dead.

But, only in a good world.

Just saw AggieMans post, he's doing fine. Thank goodness!

edit on 9/28/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join