It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRGC Navy Equipped with New Version of Iran-Made Flying Boats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
english.farsnews.com...

wow! these look really scary!! Really now? They call them stealthy? the engine sticking out sure will help that.... LOL

it only seems to have taken 4 years to deploy... what a joke

see the ATS thread from 2006 www.abovetopsecret.com...

More noise from the Iranian war machine!

edit on 28-9-2010 by Perfect stranger because: wrong link on old thread

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Wow

Ummm only one thing to say,

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Harharhar

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They do not call them stealthy - they call them radar-evading. In other words they can fly "under the radar" to avoid detection.

Personally, I think Iran would make a killing selling these to private pilots all over the world. I would love one to fly into my favourite fishing spots. Go Capitalism!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is a great example of what the President said on all the US talk shows last week.

He said the only thing the sanctions have done to Iran, is push them to produce these types of things themselves, becoming a more skilled nation.

They are self sufficient, so all a sanction is going to do is make them take their surplus and build the things they want themselves, instead of buying it from the US.

Sure it may look crude to us, our guys would take them out before they ever think of seeing us visually or with radar.

However, think of the other similar countries in the area like Lebanon, who doesn't even have an Air Force.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
While I find these boatplanes fun to look at, as it reminds me of the go cart racing facility located nearby the me and the kids love driving, I can see that these little contraptions could put a serious dent in the side of one of our tin cans - if caught off guard.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4583b580a95a.jpg[/atsimg]

Couple that with a loaded set of RPG's, or pod of deployable charges, this little craft could zip in on a carrier group and unload a string of mines right smack dab in that flotilla's path and be out of there before they knew they were even there...

With one exception lol...

Those engine towers located behind the cockpit must be awefully noisy lol... as all propellar craft are. I could probably equate it to a swamp hovercraft, just slightly less noisy as such however because those hovercraft possess twin props, vs. this little boatplane only has one.

Not good for the element of suprise I might add.

lol... "Doh - we can not be detected by radar, we have superiority!"

"hey merv... you hear that?..."

"We arrrre victorious! Allah be great - let us preparrrre - THE BOMB!"

"yep, whatcha think I just popped the cover off the minigun for?"

lol... GAME OVER!

edit on 28-9-2010 by Heyyo_yoyo because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
omg i want one so bad!

what fun this would be, imagine takin someone watersking,

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I want one of these things, I'd even learn to fly if I could get one. :-P

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
do they actually fly fly?

they look more like ekranoplan's to me

very cool little things though

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Nothing new, they are wing-in-ground-effect craft, limited to stable flight at about 1.5 wingspan.They have been around for many years and have seen little use because of a lack of maneuverability. They could be used for shallow water or coastal patrol against smuggling but not much else. They should have bought a set of plans from Universal Hovercraft for one of their HoverWings, a combined hovercraft/wing-in-ground-effect vehicle.

That's the way to go, hover to about 50-55 then it goes airborne. They sell plans, kits and turnkey craft so if you really want one for yourself....go for it. I think I'll stick with my biplane.

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Perfect stranger

Ya sure hope the pilot's of these boat / planes have a life jacket (dont know about the parachute seems like it would be hard to get out of on an engine or wing falling off failure lol )

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

Do the Russians not make/sell versions of these?

top topics

join