It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New quality footage of Apollo-11 mission to be released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Next week new footage of the Apollo-11 mission will be released in Sidney. The heavily damaged footage was found in Australian archives and got restored and digitised. It is said to be the best quality footage existing of Armstrong's moon walk.

The segment which runs for "just a few minutes" will be screened at the awards night of Australian Geographic magazine next Wednesday, at which Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin will be the chief guest.

...The Armstrong footage, which has only previously been seen by Apollo veterans and other members of the astronomy community, would form part of a highlights reel of restored, digitised moonwalk footage at the awards, he added.

There was a "long detective story" involved in the search for the footage and Sarkissian said it took painstaking frame by frame work to shift the material from the deteriorating black and white film to digitial format.

Source

The footage that will be aired on 6 october is only the part that contains the 'first steps' on the moon, not sure if there's more 'newly found' material.

edit on 28/9/10 by Movhisattva because: source link

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Can't wait to see this!
A few whole minutes.
It shows Neil Armstrong getting out of the lander it says.

Can't wait.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
For the Australians among us: here's the info on the 2010 Australian Geographic Awards: www.australiangeographic.com.au...

The footage will be shown that night, however I'm not sure if this AG Awards night gets aired on television as well? Perhaps the footage will be released afterwards.

edit on 29/9/10 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
October 6 today. I believe this is the new footage that was released tonight (well, already night in Australia, still daytime here): www.australiangeographic.com.au...

If this is indeed the announced 'new' footage (the article that comes with it seems to suggest so), I must say I'm a bit disappointed - expected something more... exciting maybe. The translucent astronauts are bizarre, though (because of digital editing?).
Anyway, enjoy.

top topics

join