It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Texas (UT) Shooting in Progress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

University of Texas (UT) Shooting in Progress

thenewsoftoday.com

We just got breaking news out of Austin Texas, where gunshots have been heard coming from a library at the university of Texas. Reports have indicated that someone brought a gun to the Perry-Castañeda Library at the intersection of East 21st Street and Speedway.

University spokeswoman Rhonda Weldon stated, “The first report I got was that there was an armed suspect in the Perry-Casteneda library. Now I’m told by campus security that the individual has shot himself on the sixth but I’m not there yet so I can’t confirm that.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reports now say there were 2 gunmen, 1 is dead, and the other is still on the loose. 10 shots fired. the dead suspect had an ak47. It is unknown if anyone else is injured. UT campus is closed. the closures keep spreading out. the news station is reporting a tank on campus with swat team and police. Waiting for more info.

thenewsoftoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
sorry , i searched for *shooter* at UT and Texas... not gunman.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It the shooting still on going. One certainly hope every one will be okay. How did they manage to get a gun onto campus? I thought security measures were stepped up after previous shootings. It is breaking on Sky News now only just commenting on reports off shootings in Texas.

There are reports of a gunman being found dead in the library of the University of Texas in Austin following a shooting incident.

Breaking News Shootings

edit on 28-9-2010 by Laurauk because: To add more content

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This Thread was up about 20 minutes ahead of you.

Apparently SWAT just went into the library, there is a confirmed second shooter. Still developing.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

How did they manage to get a gun onto campus? I thought security measures were stepped up after previous shootings.

Security measures sure were stepped up. After Virginia Tech they lifted the restrictions of carrying your weapon on campus to even up the playing field! Now it isn't just the crazy criminals with guns, the average students are permitted to be armed as well. Mine is tucked away neatly at this very moment. Hopefully this will stop something like Virginia Tech from happening again, because the rampage won't go on and on. Someone will stop it quickly.

College campuses do not have any mechanism for detecting or stopping the carrying of a weapon onto campus. These are mini-towns with dozens of buildings. There would be no way to "secure" them effectively.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This report says no one else was hurt. Hopefully it is correct!
www.39online.com...

top topics

join