It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE-Cyber takes centre stage in Israel's war strategy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

EXCLUSIVE-Cyber takes centre stage in Israel's war strategy

www.alertnet.org

JERUSALEM, Sept 28 (Reuters) - Cyber warfare has quietly grown into a central pillar of Israel's strategic planning, with a new military intelligence unit set up to incorporate high-tech hacking tactics, Israeli security sources said on Tuesday.

Israel's pursuit of options for sabotaging the core computers of foes like Iran, along with mechanisms to protect its own sensitive systems, were unveiled last year by the military intelligence chief, Major-General Amos Yadlin.

The government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has since set cyber warfare as a national priority, "up there wit
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I had a suspision that either the US or Israel was behind the worm.. I also have thought for a long time that, If you can take out a coutries computer system.. you can completely shut down the country. The american military would be neutered if our satellites were taken out... I am also waiting for the day when the terrorists/freedom fighters take control of one of our drones and wreak havok on someone. It would be the ultimate false flag attack..

I sure hope our military has a contingency plan for a complete electronic shut down... The US would be in chaos if our computer systems went down...

I am actually amazed that there aren't more computer related attacks, or at least attacks that have a serious negative impact..

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-9-2010 by Mobius1974 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Electronic warfare is going to be how future wars are fought in my opinion, it's definitely going to be a tactic used more often.

Think about it, todays armies rely on Radio systems to communicate, IT systems to store mission data, GPS systems to navigate. If you manage to jam an armies radio communications then effectively they cannot talk to each other and therefore have no idea where they are, if you disrupt their GPS communicates then they are truly in the dark - obviously they will still be able to navigate by hand but your reducing their mobility greatly.

If you could hack into an armies IT/IS systems you would possibly have access to all their mission data, troop locations, radio call signs/frequencies etc

Knowledge is power.

The electrical power grid, waste water management systems, public telephone network, television and radio are all controlled at some point by computers; if you can control these systems then you could basically hold a country at seige.

Imagine visiting your local supermarket which had been affected by a covert computer hack. A relatively simple change to the programming that changed the price of items under £1 to £99 and item's over £50 to £110 and items over £75 to £2000 etc etc

Picture the amount of confusion and disruption that would occur in one day as customers attempted to pay for their products/argue about wrong prices etc you could bring the whole place to a stand still!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I agree, and I think that other countries ::cough:: China-Russia - have already tested our systems to test out our security. .. I just picture in the near future, one of our drones being hijacked...

Or maybe the US govt. will go as far as to claim someone took over control of one of our drones and used it as a weapon.

new topics

top topics

join