It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Gunman On University Of Texas Campus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

A gunman opened fire inside a library at the University of Texas at Austin, then shot and killed himself, police and university officials said Tuesday.

Police Chief Art Acevedo told NBC News that that the dead man suffered what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. Police were seeking a possible second suspect.

More U.S. news Video in the cockpit: Privacy vs. safety
The Federal Aviation Administration has not implemented an NTSB recommendation to put video recorders in cockpits. Pilot unions have fiercely fought the idea. Full story
Updated 23 minutes ago Police: Gunman at UT-Austin kills himself Gulf Coast depression spikes post-BP oil spill Updated 14 minutes ago Pastor under scrutiny over deaths of two wives Survey: Atheists most knowledgeable about religion University spokeswoman Rhonda Weldon said that no one else was hurt in Tuesday morning's shooting at the Perry-Castaneda Library.

Weldon said a man with an automatic weapon opened fire inside the library, then fatally shot himself.

NBC News reported that witnesses spotted a man in a dark suit firing shots at around 8:15 a.m. local time.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
OK, my CT meter is pegging!

From the sounds of things he had many, many easy targets that he skipped. He wore a mask, indicating that he planned to escape and not be identified. He had at least 2 accomplices, another shooter and a driver. He chose to wear a shirt and tie? Then he mysteriously killed himself?

Things just don't jive with this story so far! Not a student, fired at a church, the ground, the sky, but left all the easy targets alone. If someone in an SUV dropped him off, then the location was important, but he didn't kill anyone.

I wonder how this will be spun later, and I wonder if we will get pictures of the dead gunmen? If he is truly dead?

Eye Witness Accounts

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I agree...with the reports of him being dropped off...wearing a mask...whats with that?

If I'm killing myself I know my identity will be exposed. Why bother trying to hide it?

Also, I read some early reports that he was shot by an "officer" and during the press conference they shot down those questions quick, including the second shooter scenario.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
There is a second gunman!
www.kxan.com...
Only in the Bible belt!!

If it turns out he did it in the name of Jesus, I'll give you that.

But, I bet he is just another trigger happy Liberal with a gun.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Alxandro because: trigger has two g's

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I gather it's merely a coincidence that a speech regarding student's right to carry on campus was planned for today? Go figure...the speech was canceled.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Prob just some Texas redneck got his dove hunting spot mixed up with his morning classes after pounding that 12 pack of hot Lonestar beer last night.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Can you ever give it a rest?Only in the Bible belt...
It is situations like this that fuels those who want gun control.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Possible conspiracy?
The plan (as the dead gunman understood it) was for the two of them to go shoot up the place, not hurt anyone, and get out of dodge. The purpose was to help kill the momentum for gun rights/.concealed carry on campus. A speech was planned for today FOR concealed carry on campus, btw. The gunman that got away shot his partner (always part of the REAL plan) to show the horrible affects of gun violence, and to keep the plan secret.

edit on 28-9-2010 by Stewie because: Clarify the conspiracy

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr
Prob just some Texas redneck got his dove hunting spot mixed up with his morning classes after pounding that 12 pack of hot Lonestar beer last night.

It seems that your avatar conflicts with the bull excrement that is your post.

2nd.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
CNN ariticle

with the identity of the shooter.

Seems random, and sad.

Who knows....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join