It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff’s Deputy Rescues Newborn

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
All hope is not lost their is at least one decent Police Officer left....

www.clickondetroit.com...

“It’s hard times going on right now and when someone needs medical attention like that, especially that severe, it feels good that we can help out like that,” Holt said.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
All hope is not lost their is at least one decent Police Officer left....

Quite a few more than 1. Unfortunately cops abusing their authority makes for a much better story than cops acting like they should.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Is he a hero? I think so.

The Deputy claims he would stay calm and do what he needed just as he would with his own child.

“Going through my mind was the same thing I would do with my child; stay calm and do what you need to do,” Holt said.
The deputy who is a father with another child on the way didn’t skip a beat.
“Myself and the midwife began CPR; I started doing chest compressions and she starting doing breaths. The baby’s heartbeat came back,” Holt said.

I can only hope we parents can detach enough when an emergency arises with our own child, or anyone in crisis for that matter. CPR is not administered the same way it was when I was going to school. Every second counts in emergencies.
This is a really cool link to check out if you want to refresh your memory on the steps of preforming CPR on infants and adults.
cprdude

You can also check out "Hands-Only CPR" American Heart.org

Studies show these two steps, called Hands-Only CPR, can be as effective as conventional CPR.

sl

Thanks ANOMALY502

edit on 28-9-2010 by sweetliberty because: to add hands only cpr link

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOMALY502

Thanks for a good story to start the day!

A good cop? Working even before his shift? In Detroit none the less?

WOW!! I would say he is a hero for making the decision to respond because he knew he was close by. He is a hero for not worrying about all the potential legal pitfalls and putting the baby's life first. He is a hero for seeing a stranger's baby and thinking of his own baby and acting like a parent, instead of a cop, or a stranger, or a city employee.

There are probably a lot more of these stories that never make the papers, but it is nice that this one did. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Good to see that there are still a few good police left stateside.. Welldone to him and hope that the little girl grows up without further healthproblems.. Tho sad that in a "advanced" country like america she was born at home without adequate medical assistance... Guess that obarfacare doesnt do you guys stateside much good...

new topics

top topics

join