It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High pitched thrumming, like a helicopter but higher, and medium-pitched sound like milking machine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
OK, you will think I am nuts.

One night ago, at approx 1 am. 27th, NZ time.

I was going to sleep. There was this whirr whirr whirr and a deep underlying thump thump. I was half asleep.

I woke up and thought, damn, boy racers. I looked out my windows - nothing - no traffic, no lights, nothing.

This really loud thrumming and like pump pump pump kept going for about ten minutes. It seemed to go up and down streets.

I had these horrible thoughts that something was draining our brains and/or bodies. It honestly felt like a milking shed.

There was absolutely nothing in sight.

You UFO guys, can you please explain this?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I haven't hear of this since I read some of Timothy Goode's books on ufo's in the '80's...

There are reports of strange craft making sounds like an old 2 cylinder farm tractor and other things, especially helicopters that don't sound quite right..

Those are pretty old reports and mostly from england...Very interesting you heard this--- I would be pretty nervous if I heard it...

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

OK,

Thanks for replying.

I heard those sounds, definitely, and I am a bit worried.

CX

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Are there any works going on near you? Roadworks and the likes?

I only ask because i went for a walk last night and heard a similar sound, turned out to be a workmans generator on our nearby train station. It was making a hell of a noise.

At night noise travels for miles, so it could have been one of many causes within your area.

CX.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

So can you tell me what happens next?

Please?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Could be something similar to The Hum. I'm sure there's several threads here on it; there was even an X-Files episode involving it, if I'm not mistaken.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Thanks, CX,

But it was 1 o'clock in the morning.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
TextTextreply to post by catwhoknows

Hi cat, Time to have a check up with the old doc, Make sure alls ok. But sounds like you are suffering from the hum, Like alien says sounds like a tractor or semi idleing away. You will notice your breathing causes the sound to pulse, Possable other efects.

Chears, rob.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

OK, Assoc,

You can afford to laugh.

I heard this, that is why posted it. Let me tell you, when stuff like this happens, it is terrifying.

And I really need to find out what is happening here.

Maybe I am the first death before the rest of you.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Iif you don't have any strange marks, scratches or cuts, then I wouldn't be worried...

In those old cases from England, the strange sounding thing was just looking around and never hurt anyone..

I am going to look for that old report so I can find out all the details... this has me interested...

If you hear it again, try taking video or pictures all around at random places or where the sound seems to be located...

I wouldn't worry about being attacked by anything, you will be fine..

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Robbo2006

RIGHT!

Here is what happened.

At approx 1 am the other night I experienced these things.

I welcome anyone who tries to help me, because I am very frightened.

I do not welcome people who say I am nuts (even though I said so - because I first thought that when I heard it, then I realised I REALLY heard it).

So, if you have helpful explanations or anything helpful, you are more than welcome.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Hi!

Do you live in a rural or suburban area? Reason for asking is that all sort of strange work is undertaken in towens and cities at night. I once experienced this in a hotel in London - looked out and two three men were using pumped/heated water to clean the pavements and fliers from walls - this at half past midnight. This seemed to go on for ever as they (slowly) moved down th street.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

Thanks,

I looked in every street - nothing, and a strange quiet as well - no movements.

And no sounds apart from that.

And no people.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I also want to say to you, alien, that I have not read his book.

This is just creepy and frightening.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I wasn't making fun. Sorry if it read that way. I just remembered hearing about "The Hum" and thought what you're experiencing might be related.

-TheAssoc.

CX

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by CX

Thanks, CX,

But it was 1 o'clock in the morning.

I'd look into what time people are allowed to do works around your area.

It was gone 2am when this generator was going off here last night...in fact it was going non-stop all night.

Sometimes they do repair works in the night time to reduce disruption to traffic during the day, that means road drills and everything going throughout the night.

CX.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Assoc,

Yeah, I know - when in crisis, laugh.

That is OK.

But what about this creepy thing? UGH!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Cat, go here. www.qsl.net... And scroll to the bottom of page and click on speaker icon the one on the right side, If this is what you hear welcome to the club.

Regards, rob.

link   
reply to post by CX

Hi, CX,

Thanks for that - but shouldn't I have seen the people?

No people anywhere.

No machines.

link   
If your not hearing it at the moment, dont worry.

Don't always agree with the first answer given to you. They are plenty of reason of what could of made the noise, you just need to relax.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join