It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Sex With Cop's Daughter Leads To Arrest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Police abuse of power yet again.

www.shortnews.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...

A 15-year-old boy in California was arrested in San Jose for having consensual sex with a police officer´s 14-year-old daughter. The cop said, "A cop´s daughter is not somebody you mess around with."

The policeman removed the cuffs from the minor after telling the parents that he was just trying to scare the teenager. A video was taken by cell phone that shows the incident taking place.

The police officer is now currently under investigation. The teen involved stated, "I though he would be a good dad by just showing up and talking to my parents rather than taking advantage of his position. I was scared, very scared."

edit on 28-9-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I'm with the cop on this one.

If you start having sex at 15 with a 14 year old girl then you've not got your priorities set clear.

A teenage pregnancy and shedload of tears later and nobody wins.

This father took the correct actions and scared the kid into thinking about what happens when you have underage sex. The kid'll still do it - he'll just make sure he doesn't have to meet a dad like that again. Talking to the kids parents was also the right ting to do as it's transparent and everyone now knows the details.

One of the benefits of having a daughter I'd say is scaring the crap out of a younger version of yourself!

-m0r

+67 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Maybe he should get his hoish daughter under wraps before going and regulating on someone else child?

I mean just a thought.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

I am with the cop as well.

The cop put the frighteners on that kid so he might think twice before he does something else stupid.

Actually, that kid was lucky the cop only did that, considering it was his daughter involved.

+48 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
She consented.

He isn't the boys parents so has no right, and he used his authority for something that isn't part of his job.

Therein lies the problem.

What if the sexes of the two were switched, still make it right?

C'mon now wrong is wrong, and why attack the male? As if he forced her too...

edit on 28-9-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Whilst I agree the teenagers shouldn't have sex so young, the girl's father should have handled it as a man, not a cop & over-step his bounds.

Will the arrest only make his daughter turn to the boy all the more to go against her father?

edit on 28-9-2010 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Are you saying cops are not men?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Personal Disclosure: Lols @ the cop... who clearly cannot protect his women!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Let's alter the story a touch just to see if it makes any more sense why I think it's ok.

The boy goes into an epileptic fit and is foaming at the mouth. The cop is off duty and is under no requirement (not being one of the boys parents) to provide the basic first aid training he receives as part of his on-duty role.

Or how about the boy gets drunk and starts to act silly. This cop, again not being one of the boys parents, is under no compulsion to make sure he gets home safely or to consult the boys parents upon it - as we all know this would be a huge overstated play of his position of authority.

Or how about the boy gets the girl pregnant and they each have a terrible life full of resentment for the other, an underloved child, parents who have issues trusting them and of course the debt that bringing a family up brings. Is it not in this cops interests to serve and protect the public to have taken action which could have prevented this?

Personally I would have thrown the boy in jail for statutory rape and started him on a criminal career after his induction as bitch for his cellmate - but then I'm not a good hearted, forward thinking cop who abuses his power by trying to make an awkward situation as agreeable to all as I can.

-m0r

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It was CONSENTUAL sex, meaning the daughter also wanted to get laid. They are both teens, so let them have their fun. It is the dads responsibility to teach the daughter about condoms. If she gets pregnant, it is the parents fault, because they did not educate her and him properly.

Nowadays, it is impossible to keep teens away from sex, so better to educate them about it, as soon they hit puberty.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
LOL@ I go with the cop on this one cause his 14 year daughter had sex with a year older kid... Are you serious?!

The kid didnt break no laws for the father to take those actions. A father that isnt a cop would have just kicked the kid out and scream at his daughter for being a slut or just simply have a good ol chat with the boys parents.

Look, people gonna have sex no matter what at any age, that isnt the right of no one else but themselves knowing what they getting into and in this case, its the parents fault for not educating their children about SEX but educated or not, kids still are going to have sex just like adults have sex or anything else.

He should be bought up on some charges for his action. He took a oath and that oath doesnt say if your daughter has sex with another kid with the same age, you can just use your power and scare him or put him away for a lesson.

So please those who going with the cop, Come back to reality if you were ever in it in the first place.

People these days.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
reply to post by acrux

Let's alter the story a touch just to see if it makes any more sense why I think it's ok.

The boy goes into an epileptic fit and is foaming at the mouth. The cop is off duty and is under no requirement (not being one of the boys parents) to provide the basic first aid training he receives as part of his on-duty role.

Or how about the boy gets drunk and starts to act silly. This cop, again not being one of the boys parents, is under no compulsion to make sure he gets home safely or to consult the boys parents upon it - as we all know this would be a huge overstated play of his position of authority.

Or how about the boy gets the girl pregnant and they each have a terrible life full of resentment for the other, an underloved child, parents who have issues trusting them and of course the debt that bringing a family up brings. Is it not in this cops interests to serve and protect the public to have taken action which could have prevented this?

Personally I would have thrown the boy in jail for statutory rape and started him on a criminal career after his induction as bitch for his cellmate - but then I'm not a good hearted, forward thinking cop who abuses his power by trying to make an awkward situation as agreeable to all as I can.

-m0r

hmm do you know what statutory rape actually means? I didnt know statutory rape also included if you just one year older the the person you will be going away. If that was the case, You know how many male or female teenagers would be in jail for having sex with other teenagers, High Schools would be almost empty.

And all of that you listed just doesnt relate to what this thread is about.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I believe the cop overstepped his competence - consentual sex between two teens is surely not a reason for arrest. He should make sure the sex is safe and leave them alone, and most importantly, have a talk with his daughter. Arresting the boy is misuse of his power.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MilzGatez
hmm do you know what statutory rape actually means? I didnt know statutory rape also included if you just one year older the the person you will be going away.

Seems I know more than you about it then doesn't it.

Age of consent for sexual intercourse in California (Without parents permission that is) is 18 years of age.

Go and look up statutory rape and see for yourself how it can be interpreted.

I am confident had that cop wanted he could have charge him, or have a colleague charge him, with statutory rape and place him on the sex offenders register for life. Had it been my daughter, and as a regular civilian, I would have pursued this to the full extent of the law and made sure he understood the gravity of his actions.

The fact that a cop chose not to follow this perfectly legal judicial process when his own daughter is involved speaks volumes about good character and preserved integrity.

Next time though you can betcha mister the cops will make sure that a mistake made by a 15 year old boy will chase and haunt him for the rest of his life via going the route I would have followed for fear of being told he had abused his position of power. This man as a cop and as a father showed real restraint, understanding of the two children's impulses and was trying his best to look out for them both.

I'd say feed the boy to big Bubba and catch him whilst he's breaking parole for the rest of his life. Keeps crime targets up and down and keeps my daughter out of harms way.

Or am I abusing my power as a regular law abiding citizen by saying this?

Perspective guys - get some.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

Originally posted by MilzGatez
hmm do you know what statutory rape actually means? I didnt know statutory rape also included if you just one year older the the person you will be going away.

Seems I know more than you about it then doesn't it.

Age of consent for sexual intercourse in California (Without parents permission that is) is 18 years of age.

Go and look up statutory rape and see for yourself how it can be interpreted.

I am confident had that cop wanted he could have charge him, or have a colleague charge him, with statutory rape and place him on the sex offenders register for life. Had it been my daughter, and as a regular civilian, I would have pursued this to the full extent of the law and made sure he understood the gravity of his actions.

The fact that a cop chose not to follow this perfectly legal judicial process when his own daughter is involved speaks volumes about good character and preserved integrity.

Next time though you can betcha mister the cops will make sure that a mistake made by a 15 year old boy will chase and haunt him for the rest of his life via going the route I would have followed for fear of being told he had abused his position of power. This man as a cop and as a father showed real restraint, understanding of the two children's impulses and was trying his best to look out for them both.

I'd say feed the boy to big Bubba and catch him whilst he's breaking parole for the rest of his life. Keeps crime targets up and down and keeps my daughter out of harms way.

Or am I abusing my power as a regular law abiding citizen by saying this?

Perspective guys - get some.

-m0r

Hmm Thank you... you said it... 18 .... 1-8.............. These two individuals were under 18, BOTH of them had consensual sex. And also did you know the same laws finds it perfectly fine and legal in some states if one of the parties were within 3-4 years age limit? meaning... If you're 19, Its ok to date a 16 year old and whatever happens between the two is just their business.. I had to research that quickie with a children services worker for NY State and Boston, personal family reasons.

And the age in NY is 16 and over... Boston its 17 and over... in other words its ok in NY for someone older(not too old just within the age limit) dating someone 16 or above.

So What Laws were broken?

And i'm not even going to bother reading the rest of your post in its entirely. Because what you are saying are things that doesn't make sense at all when both parties are under the age of 18. And even if you did have a daughter that is a teen under 18 and had sex with another kid which is also under 18, There's nothing you can do about it or to the kid unless the kid forced her or raped her.

edit on 28-9-2010 by MilzGatez because: spelling fix

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Some are more dense than others.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
So if these two are too young to be having sex...

At what age is it okay for children to have sex?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
She's been a 'teenager' for less than 2 years.

I'm pretty sure anyone who takes advantage of a 14 year old (whether she thinks she is able to consent or not) should be having words with people in authority - be it teachers, cops or judges.

The person she was having sex with is 1) a guy and 2) at least a year older than her which would have social services all up on that - ask your NYC chum if they know of any cases where a similar situation saw children being removed from their family. It is by it's definition statutory rape and please for the love of whichever deity you think sent a representative to Earth look into the wide variety of statutory rape cases that have existed.

You want an abuse of power story? Then check out what child services have done to perfectly fine families time and time again in many, many different states due a almost identical circumstances.

It's not easy and I don't think everyone can be stopped from falling through the cracks - but this cop took it very easy on the boy and I think that's what people should be looking at and applauding instead of a knee-jerk reaction to a guy with a job that some others of the same job have actually abused in the past.

Check out the cops who'd have sex with 14 year olds as extortion techniques instead of picking on a guy who merely gave a brief, and well needed by the sounds of it, scare to.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I hope all of you know this is not the first time this has happened... dads all around the world in every position and walk of life have done this, and will do this again.

Ask any dad about his "little girl" and you will get a similar variation.... for instance, I told the young man, the first time my "little girl" brought him home, that I was gonna do to him whatever he did to her...if he was nice and a gentleman, then I would be too....but, if he tried to screw her...I would try to screw him.

A friend of mine intentionally was cleaning his guns when the young man came to pick up his daughter...and yes, he had to come in and pick her up like a gentleman. Of course, he was cleaning the double barrel 12 guage when he came in.... no problems there.

Funny how your perspective changes as your life and values change. I used to go to Hooters and eat hot wings and ooggle at the girls...then one day, a friend made the point that they were someone else's little girl... haven't been back since. Yup, that could be my daughter someone is leering at.

For those of you with a negative impression of the officer...how many of you have a daughter?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

WHY can a young woman not consent to sex but a young man can? That's sexist yo.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join