It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the EGG random generator showing proof of a global consciousness?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I did a search for related topics and found this one, "Princeton EGG Color OFF THE CHARTS", but felt that the topic I am presenting here is very different and needed a thread all its own. I Hope I didn't miss any other related threads.

I like the idea of an evolving global empathic connection with everyone but I don't think I like the manner in which this might be happening. The idea that we are all connected makes conflict seem redundant and rather worthless yet it appears that this very conflict might be showing us this connection and from this point of "knowing" we can expand.

Perhaps global tragic events have a positive outcome after all by helping to connect everyone or bring us all into the same pathway of thought. During a global event, like 9/11, everyone around the world has an empathic feeling that is focused on pain and a desire to help out in some way. This in turn creates a feeling of hope and caring. For a brief moment in time we are all focused on the same thoughts, in other words- a global empathic connection.

This is a wonderful idea but can it be proven somehow? Perhaps this is what these EGGs are doing.
EGGs are random generators of 1's and 0's around the world that seem to sometimes show trends of synchronization.
Here is an explanation of what the EGG is, how it works and how this all relates to a possible global consciousness.

The above video shows a trend happening on September 11th 2001. Can these results truly be linked to the thoughts of everyone on that fateful day? The strange thing is that this trend starts hours before the first plane crashes into the WTC tower.

Here is an NBC news video that explains a little better what the EGG is.

All of this reminds me of another thread about Terence Mckenna's Time Wave theory. I feel as though I have both an understanding of all of this and total confusion. What I mean is that I get what is being said in the videos but what does it all really mean.

Here is a link to a site that explains more.
The Global Consciousness Project Meaningful Correlations in Random Data

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

but why this is different story if the death that they mourn is caused by War on Terror, Global warming, or something?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I think this is fake because 9-11 was forever ago and it wasnt a big deal. It was just 2 buildings getting blown up that were ugly anyways. Did people really care all over the world? I find that hard to believe that 2 buildings falling down would cause that much alarm or that anyone else would care except the people in new york. Buildings fall down or are blown up by terrorists all the time so I dont see what the big deal is.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

I honestly feel that people are inherently good and from times of tragedy they can, for the most part, feel empathetic towards the suffering of others.

Darkness is the absence of light as evil is the absence of good. An infinite amount of darkness cannot extinguish light yet it only takes a small flicker of light to illuminate the dark.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
I think this is fake because 9-11 was forever ago and it wasnt a big deal. It was just 2 buildings getting blown up that were ugly anyways. Did people really care all over the world? I find that hard to believe that 2 buildings falling down would cause that much alarm or that anyone else would care except the people in new york. Buildings fall down or are blown up by terrorists all the time so I dont see what the big deal is.

Well there is nothing "fake" about this, this is stuff that did happen yet the question remains, What does it mean and is it connected?

What do you think the world was doing on September 11th? Almost everyone all around the world was watching the news about the attacks on the WTC in New York city. This event created a global focus for several reasons but the point is that almost everyone around the world was watching and thinking about the same thing. I realize that not everyone was feeling the same but I feel that a majority of us were.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I'm was amazed that Princeton was funding this until I read that the experiment was actually terminated by Princeton in 2007

There just doing exactly the same data fitting that all "psychics" do, they get a result and then look around the news for something that might possibly fit that result afterwards.
Even if I believed they were predicting things the data doesn't even make any sense, their saying that 9/11 with a Z-score of 1.873 had less of an effect on global conciousness then Democratic Convention, Kerry speech, with a Z-score of 1.881

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa

This is terribly naive. WHERE were you on that day? The whole world was watching it happen on TV! It was not a report of a disaster, it was a disaster unfolding before our eyes. Minds and eyes were riveted upon those buildings. If in the last few decades there has been one single incident to focus the collective consciousness of the world in real time, my friend, that was it. And THAT explains the spike.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

How do you explain the "spike" for burning man 2007 then..

How Is the global conciousness effected by a group of drugged up American college students having sex in a field an not showering for a week

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

This is terribly naive. WHERE were you on that day? The whole world was watching it happen on TV! It was not a report of a disaster, it was a disaster unfolding before our eyes. Minds and eyes were riveted upon those buildings. If in the last few decades there has been one single incident to focus the collective consciousness of the world in real time, my friend, that was it. And THAT explains the spike.

I was in school, I think this is all made up hype. I mean the world wasnt ending it was just two buildings so I dont see why everyone would drop what their doing to watch it. Then again people drop what their doing to see what lindsey lohan is up too but shes a celebrity so that is different. What would some person in another country care for? Terrorists do stuff all the time, just seems to me like people are acting like it was some kind of big deal which it wasnt.

new topics

top topics

join