Don't use stoning to justify an Iranian attack and hatred

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I don't believe stoning is an Islamic law.

Don't use stoning to justify an Iranian attack and your hatred for Iran. If people don't commit adultery, there wouldn't be any stoning, just like if people don't commit robberies, they won't be in US prisons getting raped (probably in daily bases).

The question still remains, why do people give a damn about Iranian law? It is a law, just like any other law. Although Iran is trying to remove it, hence they have made a legislation which calls for the banning of stoning, it is non of your business:

In 2008, Iran's judiciary scrapped stoning in draft legislation submitted to parliament for approval.[24] As of June 2009, Iran's parliament has been reviewing and revising the Islamic penal code to omit stoning.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just like you say, it is non of their business, when they tell you that adultery has caused the fabric of society to collapse and kids are left with major emotional strains due to family divisions:

In 2006, 12.9 million families in the U.S. were headed by a single-parent, 80% of which were headed by a female

en.wikipedia.org...

It is non of their business when they claim you have murdered millions of babies over the years through abortions, mostly because of adultery:

1984 1,333,521
1985 1,328,570
1986 1,328,112
1987 1,353,671
1988 1,371,285
1989 1,396,658
1990 1,429,279
1991 1,388,937
1992 1,359,146
1993 1,330,414
1994 1,267,415
1995 1,210,883
1996 1,225,973
1997 1,186,039
1998 884,273
1999 861,789
2000 857,475
2001 853,485
2002 854,122
2003 848,163
2004 839,226
2005 820,151

en.wikipedia.org...

It is non of their business when they say hundreds of thousands of your kids are born with absolutely no parents, and forced to go from home to home, bringing negative psychological effect for the rest of their lives (not to mention the parents who left these kids, they will also be effected):

More than 420,000 children in the United States are in foster care, and more than 110,000 of them are waiting to be adopted. State adoption statutes typically seek to achieve adoption for these children as promptly as possible, but some limit the pool of potential adoptive parents in one way or another.

Microsoft Word File

Adultery has its negatives, for you to allow it doesn't give you any moral right to criticize the cruel punishment of stoning.

Don't use the stoning propaganda to effect you psychologically and make it easier for you to grasp any BS they spread about Iran.

What do you think>?

Is it legitimate to criticize Iran for a law they have implemented which in your mind is cruel, but in their mind is effective?

oz

edit on 28-9-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Having Sex or exchanging pleasures with whomever you want is a basic human right, which no law in the world should forbid you and tell you with whom you can and can not have sex (as long the partner with whom you have sex also wants it and both of you are adults, or both are teens).

During my early twenties I have lived for 2 years in West Sumatra, a strict Muslim society. It feels like HELL, if the whole neighborhood is watching your every move, when your unmarried girlfriend comes to visit to your house. If I would have get caught, how we were kissing each other in my place, the neighboorhood would have dragged me out and beaten me and my girlfriend up for doing so (as it happens a lot until today in every muslim society).

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Is the OP suggesting that Human Rights concerns/violations should not be voiced, acted out against and actively worked towards preventing in the future?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

maybe you should have respected her enough so that if anyone did catch you that she wouldn't have been beaten.

there is an old saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Don't use the holocaust to justify your hatred of Nazi's...
Don't use Stalin to justify your hatred of Tyrants...
Don't use Idi Amin to justify your hatred of Dictators....

I could go on and on and on. It is the ACTIONS of a society or country that determines how people will feel about that society or country. Make you a deal, stop stoning people, stop public hangings, stop the inhumane treatment of people that don't agree with your culture and everyone else will consider not hating.

..Ex

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by v3_exceed

stop executing
stop meddeling in other countries
stop propping up dictators
and maybe, just maybe others may respect your wishes if you lead by example..

not meaning your country as you are from Canada, just using the same generalization as yours.

edit on 28-9-2010 by munkey66 because: just to add disclaimer

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

maybe you should have respected her enough so that if anyone did catch you that she wouldn't have been beaten.

obviously, when she came to visit me, she wanted it too (because i was having my own place, alone, and at her place were here parents- she was wearing a Jilbab/headscarve by the way
). And I can assure you, the majority of young people over there are trying to figure out ways, not to get caught. By the way, i got never caught, because i let my front door open, and were kissing her around the corner of the door.

Have you ever been young, or do you really don't know what the hormones do to you at age 14 - 22?

edit on 28-9-2010 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This is kind of offensive. I mean, I grew up in a home with one parent and I have no emotional scars from it. I'm not an addict, an alcoholic, a thief, I've never been to jail (or even close), I have a job, I live on my own, I have a strong family relationship and a sense of home.

But yeah, I'm sooooooooooo strained because my dad cheated on my mom.

What you're saying is equivalent to saying that if women didn't have boobs and a vagina they wouldn't get raped.

Nice

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

My points are just as valid as Mr sweeping generalization there....
To claim that number of abortions were due to adultery is naive at best. His stats are completely skewed, not even remotely plausible. Public stoning, public hanging for petty crimes like adultery is inane by anyone's standards.. I wouldn't actually care as much except when these people immigrate they bring their stigma's and ideology of honor killing with them to the new country. I can't tell you the number of times I've read that the brothers or father in some family kills their daughter because they dated outside of their mosque. How can anyone say that this is civilized behavior or acceptable in any sense? When they bring that 12th century mentality to the new countries, it becomes everybody's business.

..Ex

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

do you have statistics on how many men are raising another mans child due to Adultery?
what do you think the numbers are of divorces out of people discovering their partners have been unfaithful?
about how many killings have there been due to jelous partners discovering an Adulterous relationship?

just curious because arn't you saying that these cultures should adopt a more western approach because you don't like their outdated style

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

This is actually quite funny, because every where we look here in Canada, we see groups expecting exception because of their religion. The motorcycle helmet law is one such example. Because the helmet is not meant for the rider to wear a turban under it, turban riders are exempt from wearing a helmet.
How is this, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."?
Or..does your respect for the laws only apply to other people?

..Ex

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

well, yes I have been between the ages of 12 and 22.

Now my question is, as I was once a teenage boy with hormones coursing through my veins, given the oportunity of being able to take it further than kissing I would have gone all the way, (mind you I live in a western culture)

now, given the chance would you have gone all the way and if she got pregnant, what would have you done?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Don't you also have freedom of religion?
as much as I believe they should wear a helmet, who am I to tell them this, they also have the same freedoms on building sites with reguards to hard hats.

whilst Imay not always agree, does telling someone to give up their freedom of religion in my country negate that we are a free society?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Don't you also have freedom of religion?
as much as I believe they should wear a helmet, who am I to tell them this, they also have the same freedoms on building sites with reguards to hard hats.

whilst Imay not always agree, does telling someone to give up their freedom of religion in my country negate that we are a free society?

Then should that not be everyone's choice? Not religion, but hard hats and motorcycle helmets? While we're at it, why even have seat belts, or fire proof clothing? This has nothing to do with freedom of religion, but assimilation to the society that you freely choose to move to. We have these laws so we don't have to shovel up some idiots brains when they lose control of their bike. It's for that reason alone there should be no exceptions. Don't like it, don't ride.

You are expecting a person who moves to or lives in Iran to follow the rules, but not someone from Iran who moves to Canada. This is in fact the problem. The hypocrisy of that position, the demand for exception that helps keep the prejudice alive. But I suspect you already know this, as do the people that move to other countries and demand that country make changes to their laws to suit based on "religion".

So I will continue to find absolute disgust with countries that stone women in the streets, that have child slaves working to build the commonwealth venues or that simply ignore the basic human rights that each person deserves. Personally, I would outlaw all organized religions if I could. Then people would have to get by on their own merit, not the belief in this God or that God.

..Ex

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

It is the wests choice to allow freedom of religion and allowing others to keep their culture to a point, but we have no right to tell other cultures how to live unless we can lead by example.
as for stoning I find it barbaric, but who am I to tell a democratically elected goverment to change the law of their country?
If people are against it, they will vote it out

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Actually, i did manage to get someone pregnant before marriage, and that someone happens to be my wife for 2 years now.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

as for stoning I find it barbaric, but who am I to tell a democratically elected goverment to change the law of their country?
If people are against it, they will vote it out

The final decision makers in countries which endorse stoning as a penalty, are not democratic elected (Ayatollah anyone?, King of Saudi Arabia anyone?). Every decision made by the Iranian People's assembly can be overturned by the Ayatollah/ Their religious leaders.

edit on 28-9-2010 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nagabonar

Actually, i did manage to get someone pregnant before marriage, and that someone happens to be my wife for 2 years now.

I don't think you answered the question.

You are claiming to have gotten someone pregnant before marriage who you are married to know which is cammendable, but was this the same girl that was in West Sumatra?
Or did you get a different girl pregnant in the west?

if it is a different girl, the question has not been answered.

edit on 28-9-2010 by munkey66 because: edited to fix removed quote "]" from end of quote

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed
Don't use the holocaust to justify your hatred of Nazi's...
Don't use Stalin to justify your hatred of Tyrants...
Don't use Idi Amin to justify your hatred of Dictators....

I could go on and on and on. It is the ACTIONS of a society or country that determines how people will feel about that society or country. Make you a deal, stop stoning people, stop public hangings, stop the inhumane treatment of people that don't agree with your culture and everyone else will consider not hating.

..Ex

You know if you didn't have any problems in your own country than I would give you a big thumbs up, but who are you to judge someone else's culture, when you culture has hundreds of thousands of parent-less kids? Hundreds of thousands of rapes (once again, adultery plays a big part)?

Stoning is cruel, but what is worse is having no parents, wondering this earth aimlessly. That is cruel my friend, you might not see it that way, but billions do.

So look at it from their perspective, if it is a law which says you will get stoned to death if you commit adultery, then that is just that, you are in no position to judge their laws, because your own laws has caused thousands of innocent deaths, hence allowing alcohol which causes so many car crashes.

Use your brain, you are in no position to judge them.

Funny how Americans still believe they are free

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Is the OP suggesting that Human Rights concerns/violations should not be voiced, acted out against and actively worked towards preventing in the future?

No, you can disagree with the punishment of adultery all you want, but for you to use it as a justification for an attack is stupid, because the US has worse problems, as I mentioned in the OP.

Stoning is not a human rights issue, it is a law, less than 100 people have been stoned in a decade, while in the US over a million is in prison, some getting raped hopelessly, some there for not even committing any crimes, but you don't see anyone using that as a justification for hate, and for an attack, do you know why? Because some people are actually not brainwashed to believe a law is related to human rights.

Do you even know what the purpose of a law+punishment is?

edit on 28-9-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join