It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists In WI Assault Citizens With Violence And Extortion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Because you won't post a sign!
Restaurants...no alcohol,no sign...
I can carry!
I have three cats and steel doors on my house

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I am a member of the
USCCA!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

You know, I would conceal carry if I could. But, here is the thing, I do not like getting licensed to do something that is a right.

I am hoping that with the Republic of Wisconsin kicking the dem progressives to the curb in a few weeks, we could implement a law like Arizona. No license to conceal carry.

God that would be great, just to piss off the idiots.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Because you won't post a sign!

Says who?

Restaurants...no alcohol,no sign...
I can carry!

Keep telling yourself that.

I have three cats and steel doors on my house

Get it? I do not care if you have grandkids or what is in your purse.

My property, my right. There is no argument here. If you do not approve, that is one thing. Please go eat somewhere else and not approve there. I could care less. I am not trying to impose my rights on anyone or infringe on anyone's. I am just enjoying my rights. You do the same. You cannot argue that this is an issue of rights when it comes to my property.

I really would love to know why people like you think your right to carry a gun supercedes any rights I have.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by mnemeth1

I suggest reading Arguing with Idiots.

It is rather enlightening. I see you brought a couple out.

Here is the thing Idiots-

I have the right to carry anywhere that is public. If you prefer I do not go to your place of business, which is private, that is YOUR RIGHT.

No, here is the thing, idiots-

That is the exact same thing I have been saying.

AMAZING!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Yeah, and you have been arguing like an....................

You just keep going on and on and on and on obfuscating what others are saying, attempting to do what I do not know.

Maybe you enjoy being an.....................

It is your Right to do what you will, as long as it does not harm another or infringe on their rights. So what is your big defect? You just here to cause problems? Is that your job or just your hobby?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Your business serves the PUBLIC...
Unless you serve alcohol or post a
sign,I can and will carry.Unless you
are in WI,my license isn't accepted
there!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Yeah, and you have been arguing like an....................

Because I am pointing out that the 2nd ammendment does NOT give you the right to take a gun anywhere you want to?

You just keep going on and on and on and on obfuscating what others are saying, attempting to do what I do not know.

What am I obfuscating again? The claim is that the 2nd ammendment gives you the right to open carry in a restaraunt. No it does not. Even according to the OP that no one argued with it does not. Private property is private property.

Maybe you enjoy being an.....................

An elipses?

It is your Right to do what you will, as long as it does not harm another or infringe on their rights. So what is your big defect?

What is yours? I am not arguing against that in anyway. Why are you trying to claim I am? All I am saying is that the 2nd ammendment does not give you the right to bring your gun onto my private property if I do not want you to. Lots of great people own guns. Lots of idiots own guns too.

You just here to cause problems? Is that your job or just your hobby?

Prove me wrong and I will just go away. All I did was point out that the claim that the 2nd ammendment gives you the right to take your gun anywhere you want, including other people's private property is not true. Prove me wrong or explain your defect.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Your business serves the PUBLIC...
Unless you serve alcohol or post a
sign,I can and will carry.Unless you
are in WI,my license isn't accepted
there!

Unless you put a front door on your house and glass in your windows, bugs will get in. Better do something about that.

I really do not understand what you are missing but if you want to keep arguing that I have no rights because of something you assume, please enjoy.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Is your business a home-based business?
Then, that is private property!
I can't play anymore I have work to do.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Is your business a home-based business?
Then, that is private property!
I can't play anymore I have work to do.

So one last lame drive by before you run off?

Sorry that the 2nd ammendment does not give you the right to trample other people's rights. I know that it really really hurts to hear it but it is even in the OP and no one had a problem with it there.

You assume way way too much.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You want guns out of your business,
get a sign.
Is it just me,or should we pull the troll
alarm?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You want guns out of your business,
get a sign.
Is it just me,or should we pull the troll
alarm?

Speaking of trolling. I pointed out that the claim that the 2nd ammendment gives you the right to take your gun anywhere you like, including private property whether the owner likes it or not, is just not true. You have gone on and on about a sign you never asked if I had.

Just show me I am wrong about my private property or get over it.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Let me explain a little something you seem to be completely missing. Even the OP points out that you need permission from the owner to take your gun onto private property in WI. That is part of the point of the story is it not? They were allowed to open carry in this restaraunt. If you need permission, it is no longer a right. Then people start crying about 2nd ammendment rights while completely disregarding private property. Are you against private property? Or are you just against my rights? I am not anti-gun but I am pro-private property.

See, Cousin Freddy is reallly proud of his guns and when he came to visit we had quite the argumenet because I would not allow him to bring his guns into my home. This is not because I do not want guns in my home. I do not want children or idiots to have guns in my home. I hope you see the difference. I have been to the range with cousin Freddy. He fired once before I was behind him. He turned to talk to me twice while pointing a hot weapon in my direction. We each did 50 skeet and while I got 47, he got 15. I do not have faith that he could shoot the broad side of a barn under actual stress.

My rule at home is not "NO GUNS!" I have friends that can bring their guns into my home. I have been to the range with them, I know how proficient they are as well as how safety conscious they are. At my restaraunt, how am I supposed to know the person coming through the door is not a robber and not a cousin Freddy?

While you are all so busy assuming I need customers to protect me if I get robbed even though I myself am armed, you have not considered the layout of the building. If a robber has a gun to me at the cash register then all customers are BEHIND THE ROBBER. Do you understand what that means? That means that each and every "hero" that stands up to aid in my defense will be pointing their gun in MY DIRECTION. Until people want to submit to a proficiency test before entering, I can safely assume everyone is a cousin Freddy and just not worry about having even more guns pointed at me during a robbery.

Assume that anyone with a gun that is not me will be my savior, assume I do not have a sign, and then pretend I have no rights on my property. I do not understand that line of thinking at all.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Here is a song for you...
Please listen to it!

www.youtube.com...

I happen to be part owner of 182 acres of land!
Quess what?We have to post signs...no hunting,
no fishing,no tresspassing.You have to post signs.

edit on 28-9-2010 by mamabeth because: needed to add

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'll give it a shot (so to speak
)

Don't understand all the door on your house stuff. But that's beside the point maybe?

But I think you guys agree with each other and just don't realize it?

Fact is, all any business owner needs to do is make it known they do not want firearms in their establishment. Now, even with a sign, I can just ignore that sign and it still is not a crime - technically. But it is very rude IMO.

Everyone I know that carries is polite enough to respect the wishes of a business that does not want them carrying inside.

All it takes, if maybe they didn't see the sign or whatever, is a little conversation. Heck if that happened to me and I wanted to stay, I'd gladly go put my weapon in the car or something. It's not THAT big a deal.

Nobody needs to be rude. A bit of communication and mutual respect goes a long way

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Here is a song for you...
Please listen to it!

www.youtube.com...

Again...

My only argument is that the claim that the 2nd ammendment trumps private property is a lie. That is the only point I made, am making, and tried to relate to you. You can not and will not address the actual argument but instead you spend a handful of posts harping about a sign. Would it not be smarter to ask if I have one before wasting so much time telling me to get one?

Can you address that actual argument or are you just trolling? Just causing trouble? Is this your job or hobby?

The 2nd ammendment does not guarantee the right to open carry on private property. You have been arguing with me for an entire page without ever actually addressing the point.

Go google some songs about assumptions for yourself, then some songs about wasting time, then some songs about inquiring before concluding.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stasis
I'll give it a shot (so to speak
)

Don't understand all the door on your house stuff. But that's beside the point maybe?

It seems a bit silly for me to just assume someone does not have a door on their home and then tell them to get one does it not?

I hope you understand now.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Doh! Gotcha.

I need more coffee!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stasis

Doh! Gotcha.

I need more coffee!

Considering you got it pretty quickly and it is just not sinking in elsewhere at all, I think you'd do better to share your coffee.

I think you are right that we agree but see I represent the moonbat, anti-gun, amurika hating, looney left so I must be argued with no matter what I say. Even if what I am asserting is reinforced by the article in the OP itself, I must still be argued with. The only point I ever made was that there are limits to the 2nd ammendments and gun rights do not trump other rights. I have my rights like others have theres. No one could touch that so we have a page about putting up a sign no one asked about.

The fact is that before I bothered to say anything, needing the owner's permission was ok. But when someone asserted their 2nd ammendment rights somehow trumped that, I thought it would make sense to remind them of the facts. The right to bear arms is not an unlimited freedom to wander into any home or business with a gun and saying it is is a bit of a distortion. I thought these people loved the constitution and individual liberty but somehow they claim I am infringing on other people's rights by governing my own property as I see fit? Some people just argue to argue I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join