It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martian Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
About 2 years ago I had an extremely intense dream regarding Mars. I was standing on the red planet with this elder who lived there speaking to me. He was an older man, and he was dressed awkwardly, he was wearing what appeared to be some kind of a toga but slightly different. So this elder was telling me about history, particularly history regarding Earth and Mars. What he told me was that in the ancient past humans had cultivated the technology necessary to send manned missions to Mars. We eventually set-up a permanent base there and began colonization...and this is where everything began to change. The Mars elder told me that a dark shadow government took over the ancient kingdoms of Earth, but the Mars colony would have nothing to do with them. In my dream the elder showed me that the people of the Mars colony had advanced in technology in a manner very different from the people of Earth. On Mars no technology was suppressed, no one was hungry, and no one needed for clothing, energy or shelter because their technology provided it for all of them.

The people on Mars eventually grew tired of the shadow government abusing the inhabitants of Earth and the elder showed me how they were planning an assault to free their cousins on our planet. While he was showing me this vision, another vision overlapped it. While I was standing there on Mars I heard a tremendous roar from overhead and looked up to see thousands of nuclear warheads raining don to pelt the Martian landscape.

Mars was literally ravaged by Nukes.

When I awoke from the dream I told my girlfriend everything that I had seen and we sat speculating about the possibilities. Three days later my girlfriend showed me a news article that she found on yahoo talking about the Mars Rover's newest finding, which happened to be residue of a chemical called perchlorate. And apparently the samples the Rover took were high in perchlorate. All of the information we could gather about that particular substance stated that perchlorate is a munitions by-product...from guns, grenades, bombs...and especially nuclear warheads.

This dream is by no means proof of anything and I realize that fact. I simply wanted to share a strange experience that I have had with my friends on ATS. I would like to add that this dream that I had was very different from normal dreams and I have only had one other that was just like it. The dream itself felt as if I were being shown pictures from a movie, like I was not apart of what was happening, I was there simply to receive information. One quality that stuck out about this dream was the sensation of time. It felt to me as if past, present, and future had been crammed together into one space and I was experiencing all three of them simultaneously.

If any of you enjoy this thread I'll post the other dream as soon as I can. Thanks.

edit on 9/27/2010 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Star n Flag!
Excellent thread!

And you know very interesting dream that is actually quite plausible
The only thing I would question is if technology was not surpressed like it is here on earth then they would have won the war, even if attacked by surprised, but they would have radar technology to see warheads headed their way.

In any case I do believe that Mars looks so much like the remnants of a planet-wide nuclear catastrophe.
Can you give a little more info on how this elder was dressed?

And yeah I would love to hear about the other dream.... hehe in fact I didn't even know this section existed lol.

Thx

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Out of all the other threads I've read about dreams and such, this one by far is the one I believe to be something more than just dream.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i have had dreams too where we are by a volcano it erupts we all run and manage to get far away and it explodes and a giant rock hurtles into space and i am still running then through a war zone.

or that the stars get bluer and brighter like an x and people are saying goodbye and I'm running onto this ship because I have been chosen to go among a few, I manage to persuade them to take my partner by telling them I'll find them a human gf from earth lols

probably too much reading and news

i also had one the other night where I was running and got to a shack in a field, I heard a boom either sides and in the distance 2 power plants blow up after another...

that was scary

edit on 27-9-2010 by jumpingbeanz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have no idea of your knowledge of abductee/contactees and their dreams, but one aspect of what you wrote about struck a cord within me. My dream experiences and those of others I recall hearing have that basic scenario. We are standing with an older male figure who is kindly to the point of being like a good priest (for a bad comparison). He is dressed differently than us, a dark-belted blue jumpsuit-type of uniform in my instance. He is telling us information that we need to know about important events of the past and future.

In my several dreams of this type, we were standing on a ridge and before us in the dark were various flashes of mysterious light down below that resembled arc welding flashes. But I could never make out what I was seeing. But I wanted to know! All I remember is that something important was going on and I was to be a part of it in some way. These dreams were before becoming a teenager. My belief is that was a show to give us a sense of destiny. That is a concept that is little talked about or even understood these days. But I believe in it.

My son underwent a bedside abduction in about 1991 that was similar, but he was taken into a ship, set down in front of a computer screen and shown a incredibly fast "movie" of the advent of mankind and our eventual distruction by a multitude of means including by our own hand.

If you want to call the forces that make this stuff happens as evil reptilians, etc., as someone will invariable post to that end, fine, but my views are different. Take what positive aspects you got from the dream and implement them into your life. Even if the reality is that you were making your own destiny and nothing else was involved.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Can you give a little more info on how this elder was dressed?

I really wish that I could, I vaguely remember his manner of dress reminding me of a toga, but I believe that he was not missing a shoulder piece, the clothe on one side extended a slight length down his arm. I really wish that I could draw to give everyone a better image for reference.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I have no idea of your knowledge of abductee/contactees and their dreams, but one aspect of what you wrote about struck a cord within me. My dream experiences and those of others I recall hearing have that basic scenario. We are standing with an older male figure who is kindly to the point of being like a good priest (for a bad comparison). He is dressed differently than us, a dark-belted blue jumpsuit-type of uniform in my instance. He is telling us information that we need to know about important events of the past and future.

You know, aside from the dream that I posted I have had one other that was just like this one in regards to the feeling of it. Both occurred after an experience that I had when I was 18 years old, back in 2003 or 2004. I do personally believe that a friend of mine and I were, if not abducted, at least tampered with in some manner when we were on our way home from work one night.

I have heard of abductees talking about their dream experiences after the fact, but I have never really looked into it much. And I wanted to tell you that, if something I said struck a chord with you, then you should go with whatever your instinct is telling you because it is probably correct.

Thank you for your post. I'll be sure to friend you and give you a heads up when I have my other dream in another thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii
Out of all the other threads I've read about dreams and such, this one by far is the one I believe to be something more than just dream.

Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Oozii.

I really wish that I could convey to people the way that time felt in the dream because it was very different. I have been hoping to have another one of these prophetic/insightful dreams but they seem to happen randomly and I don't know how to trigger on so-to-speak.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

I read your post and wanted to give you a recommendation for a book.

Dreaming Insights by Gillian Holloway

The book is not a dream dictionary, so its not dictating to you that if you "dream of this" then it only means "this." Gillian Holloway is a dream psychologist and discovered a specific language that dreams use to communicate to us. She lays out in clear language how to understand that "dreaming language" and the book changed the way I look at my dreams....at least some of them.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i don't care if i get banned . i believe in your "DREAM" but serious.. most of what's on ATS is B.S . I have been coming here Since 2001 before 9/11.. and this Site has changed so much . Its like the ONION . Serious ..

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I have always felt that it takes courage to talk about one's dreams, especially in this society that we live in. So my compliments to you on your courage for sharing.

With that said, do you study ancient civilizations and UFO's? Have you ever seen the movie 'Total Recall'? Have you seen all of the news lately about UFO's from the UN and the Press Conference yesterday?

I ask these things because do you think there is a chance that your mind is simply replaying a bunch of concepts while you are in the dream state?

I do find your dream/mars theory really interesting. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
I have always felt that it takes courage to talk about one's dreams, especially in this society that we live in. So my compliments to you on your courage for sharing.

Thank you.

With that said, do you study ancient civilizations and UFO's? Have you ever seen the movie 'Total Recall'? Have you seen all of the news lately about UFO's from the UN and the Press Conference yesterday?

Yes, I have studied world history as a hobby since I was 17. Along with UFO's, they are both two of my favorite subjects. I watched "Total Recall" for the first time just a few years ago actually. The Governator is the man, lol. it does seem like UFO's having been gaining more and more attention lately. I didn't get to see the press conference and am disappointed for missing it for sure.

I ask these things because do you think there is a chance that your mind is simply replaying a bunch of concepts while you are in the dream state?

Oh yes, that is very much so a possibility. Most of the dreams that we have are subconscious material being worked out in a specific dream language so-to-speak. The language in our dreams is generally very metaphorical.

For instance.

About a year ago a good friend of mine invited me to move in with him to make bills/rent/gas easier on the both of us while we worked and went to school. While living together I noticed that we slowly began grating on the others nerves from spending so much time together. I personally felt that my friend was very unconscious of himself and his own actions in certain instances and I eventually had a dream regarding our relationship at the time:

In the dream I am sitting in my car in the middle of a junk yard. I am in the driver's seat and there is a huge crane parked right outside the passenger side. I happen to notice that my friend is sitting at the controls of this crane, and right above my head is a magnetic piece used to separate the metallic trash in the yard. I become instantly afraid of my friend releasing the controls and smashing me...and while thinking about it I notice my friend turn around in his seat at the controls to grab something. Without realizing it his elbow connected with one of the levers of the crane and sent the magnetic piece pummeling to my car. I become crushed under the weight and when i think I can't bear it any longer I wake up.

After I awoke I wrote the dream down and immediately was able to analyze the metaphorical message from the dream. The only two people in my dream were my friend and myself. So right away I knew that it had something to do with our relationship at that time. The next thing I noticed was that the setting of the dream was a junkyard which was the perfect symbolic gesture for how I was feeling about my relationship with my friend then...that it was absolute garbage. The next aspect to consider was that I was sitting in my car. For me my car has always represented freedom. And then there is my friend in the crane. He was literally unconsciously crushing me and my sense of freedom under his weight. After I had the dream I was able to gather a better perspective of our relationship, and moved out of his house that same day.

Now the dream that I posted was very different, and I don't do it justice by trying to describe it. There were no metaphors or anything of that nature, it was very cut-and-dry or to-the-point; and when I awoke after having the Mars dream I knew that something very profound had just happened.

I do find your dream/mars theory really interesting. Thank you for sharing.

No problem at all friend. If you have interests in dreams and dreaming I would recommend the same book to you that I did for the last poster above you. It is called Dreaming Insights:
A 5-Step Plan for Discovering the Meaning in Your Dream
by Gillian Holloway. It is by far one of my favorite books about dreaming, and if you can ever pick up a copy you definitely should!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
How about the other dream?

Might be interesting to talk about that one too.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
How about the other dream?

Might be interesting to talk about that one too.

Yeah, sorry, I am slacking.
I'll get it posted here soon and give you the heads up.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

I have also dreamt about Mars except I was being hunted down by Ufo's on a landscape already devestated by them. They had skyscrapers and everything (that were already destroyed and half tilted). In my dream someone else was there but I couldn't see who it was. (he or she) led me to a half destroyed tomb whilst the Ufo was headed right towards us still destroying whatever was still left in it's path and then layed me down looking up cross armed onto an altar or some kind of opened sarcophagus where I laid down and went to sleep. Then I woke up from my dream. Strange indeed.

new topics

top topics

join