It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a hypocrite....... and I'm cool with it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

That would be little comfort to the family of a person that a drunk youngster killed. Its preventive and I agree with it. Not just for my kids sake but for any potential victims.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

So, what you are saying is that giving someone a drunk driving ticket which gives them fines, loss of license etc etc etc. is more effective than someone being drunk, causing an accident and them losing a license for life or say going to jail for 10-15 years?

See, this is the societal problem of having a parole and probation type criminal justice society.

IMO, the state creates this system not to stop these type crimes but to profit off them. Heck, just take a look at the social system created to manage this monstrosity. I would imagine there is as many any in the parole and probation system as there is in direct law enforcement.

Whatever happened to the tenet that once one has paid their debt to society, that they are again absolved of that crime?

IMO, this has been a failed experiment in the US. You either punish, teach and then absolve these criminals, or lock them away forever. Making them only a partially free person has instituted a problem.

Will expand further if you wish.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thanks for clarifying the legal age to consume Intrepid. I have rather mixed feelings on the law. While I appreciate that a no tolerance policy could in theory stop many younger people from driving under the influence (no more 'well I feel like Im under the limit') I think it is a bit a bit of a slippery slope. Why not just go up to 25, or 30? It seems to me if you're legal to drink, and legal to drive you, should just be held to the same standards as everyone else.

posted on Oct, 6 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Guilty of hypocrisy on this issue? No!

The most you can be charged with IMO for this is having common sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join