It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seizure abduction connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hello, ATS community! This is my first post in the UFO/Alien forum.

Let me start by saying that I've had some kind of link to being fascinated by "aliens" for as long as I can remember. As a child, it was in always in a curious way. I'm 26, so the topic has been pretty popular my entire life. It wasn't until I hit puberty that I developed an intense fear of the greys.
I have what is called a secondary generalized seizure disorder, including tonic clonic or grande maul seizures and simple partial seizures that occur on a regular basis. I have been medicated for years but have breakthrough tonic clonic seizures every so often.
According to my mom, I was fine as a child... I can remember quite a few times waking up from being passed out cold. Regardless, my seizure activity became frequent when I was about 13.

The summer before, something happened to me. I don't know exactly what... it may have been something so tragic that my mind replaced it with something else. I have never gone under hypnosis so, have no way of knowing except my memory of the event which has always been clear and the same.

I was spending the night at my cousins house, sleepiing in a bean bag on the floor. I was wide awake, talking to my cousin about aliens actually and Roswell. There was a very bright light out of nowhere that shone in through the window. The light was bright white and not from a car. I said my cousins name but he didn't respond. The door was at the foot of the bean bag I was inside of.

I have tears in my eyes as I'm sharing this with you strangers... I was on my back looking upwards at the ceiling. Something made me look down at my feet and I swear that I saw the dark shadowed silouette of a small figure in that doorway. I remember my heart thudding and being 12, I pulled the sleeping bag over my head, exposing the crown of my scalp. I instantly heard these hushed noises like multiple people whispering at one time. Then I felt the sensation of what felt like multiple fingers and fingernails picking at my scalp on the crown of my head. Thats the last thing that I remember before waking up with my clothes dishevled, hysterical.

I told my cousin immediately what had happened and he had no recollection of even falling asleep.
The spells of passing out started happening more frequently. I would have these horrible nightmares that I still have to this day about the greys.

Is there anyone that thinks that their may be a connection with seizures and alien abduction? What about visitations through family lines? My father passed away 5 years ago. He knew about everything that had happened to me. He told me that since the age of five years old he had been being visited. He had a hormonal imbalance and was told as a young man that he couldn't produce children. We had many long conversations on the subject and he truly believed that that was why he was being visited. He was alos a post operative transexual.

He told me that he believed that I was also abducted at the age of five along with him. I have no memry of this. Apparently we were out in Palm Springs, California and it was dusk. He was taking me on a walk down the road to the store when at the same time we both saw giant orbs come over some mountains in the distance. He said that I was terrified and that he picked me up and told me that it was going to be ok. His next memory was of us walking home from the store. He told me this story when i was 19 and started having grande maul seizures every few weeks. I had broken my sternum from one and was in bed for weeks. I think that he may have suspected a connection between the seizures and abductions.

If anyone out there has similar stories please contact me via ATS. I don't know anyone personally like this and it would be nice to.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

Chanel.....

Thank you for your very thoughtful, very well expressed commentary about your experiences & your ponderings regarding same.

That certainly is food for thought.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

A few months ago I read this book by UK paranormal researcher Peter Hough: Alien Abductions

One of the latter chapters talks about possible connections to seizures. The short = yes some "abductions" might be caused by seizures. But seizures don't explain all. No different than sleep paralysis in that sense. Still was an interesting read though.

-SJ76

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
H

i! I see that you posted here awhile ago. I Google's seizures and alien abductions and your post came up. I also started having seizures later in life. There is a type of epilepsy called catamenial epilepsy, it's strongly linked with estrogen. I have more seizures when my estrogen is high. It is also thought to be genetic, on my paternal side there are 3 of us females who developed seizures into puberty, which is when you start producing more estrogen. Since your father had a hormonal disorder this may explain why he had seizures as well. I'm still looking into the abduction connection since I do lose time during seizures and have a small scoop mark on my left calf.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've seen it, I thought i'd broken my friend with our esoteric revelations in the early morning (4-5am)
He fully inverted and for a lack of a better term "went full retard" then came back, then did it again.
Then he came back with a snap and was lost.. it took about a minute no less (from the clock) but it felt like everything slowed to a crawl. I was paralyzed myself but it was more of a restraint.. nothing like what happened to my Friend.

We were shaken, but we didn't see what was outside at the time so we put it down to medical reasons.
It had been a long night of "taboo talk"

That afternoon i went to a BBQ at my neighbors... all they could talk about was the UFO that morning and if i'd seen it.

That.. my friends is what they call.. a life changer moment.
Shortly after that morning i reg'd here at ATS. Hoping for some form of answer.. lol.. still hoping..

I've shared this before in more detail.. but this is the first i've seen this thread.
And it's freakishly similar to what happened to us.

Strange though.. and this may mean more than i give it credit, My Friend who was attacked has never been the same to me. He used to care about so much.. it's as if they took that from him. We used to be tight.. now we barley speak.

I think there's a connection, but one rarely witnessed.

edit on 8-5-2015 by Xarian6 because: spellin..

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
'Tears in my eyes as I type this' is a very popular meme in 'another' conspiracy forum thanks to some guy who use to make up stories from time to time.

Abductions are real, but personally I wouldn't take this particular story seriously.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JackHill

I saw that.. and thought that.. but if you read the rest and take into account the age of the original post.

Nothing about it flags it as "schnitzel" to me other than that unfortunate choice of words.
If i was to live my life discounting everything based on recent memes... Then i may as well just give up the internet..

and as i said.. I've actually seen and been a a part of such an event, so even if the original is bunk.. it doesn't discount my post in the slightest

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
NO such thing, so don't sweat it. I would go to a psychiatrist. Not making fun but it always better to seek medical treatment instead of asking for help on a forum, where there is no doubt mentally ill people giving you advice.
edit on 11-5-2015 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
i give up..

This is the last time i bother sharing anything.

I've had full evaluations, I'm sane, and healthy.. it matters little though as nobody cares about anything that isn't "sanctioned thought"

If all im going to get as a response is textbook thinking.. I'll go back in my box now.. and never care again

Just about done with this site.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

I wouldn't let Onslaught's post put you off. There's ALWAYS one in the room, ya know? Obviously you experienced "something". I suspected when I read the title of this thread there would be multiple suggestions for people to "seek medical help".....LOL.....like people who have seizures don't see doctors enough, right?
.....and per my expectations of course there were!

This being the gray area I could surmise the seizures are the result of malfunctioning et tracking devices?
Govt frequencies setting off seizures?
or just there "seems" to be a segment of the population that has seizure episodes around event's of high strangeness?

So I'm open to the idea in general because we really don't know how the brain works. We know some, but not everything.

Off the cuff it would seem to me just the physical proximity of something so foreign to our everyday experiences can cause the body to react in weird ways. The whole fight or flight thingy. Sometimes the other option gets overlooked in that we "freeze". Seizure in that circumstance could be understood?, surely?

The ultimate in overload?

Rambling a little, but this connection the OP made bears more scrutiny.
Cheers!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hello! My little one 10 month old toddler at the time started having seizures when we visited Roswell New Mexico! We were on a family trip to Albuquerque and styled in Albuquerque for about a month and decided to go to Roswell for sight seeing. On our 2nd night is when our little one started seizing in the bath tub while I was giving her a bath! She is 6 yrs old now and continues to seize every 17 days to be exact! It's like clockwork! Before she seizes she starts to have behavior issues a few days prior and her nervous system is out of balance! I've searched high and low! We've been in 17+ anti seizure meds and finally are 1 year pharmaceutical free! We've been on cannabis on Eastern medicine, homeopath, genome genetic testing..etc. I am at the end of my rope! I have had very scary dreams about being under a big light on a surgery metal table with the grays surrounding me!

I have an open mind, I am a Christian women and I believe there is good and evil. I do believe there is something else out there. I just wish if "they" are the ones to blame for her seizures! S.O.B basterd cowards for making my little one suffer! I'm not crazy! I'm well educated and I have a loving family but when you walk my shoes and watch my baby suffer a thousand times over and over you need to blame it on someone or something!

a reply to: chanel

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ive been doing some research to determine what percentage of those people who have seizures are linked to O- blood. Unofficially I have found that roughly 30% of those do. Well when you take into consideration that only 4% of the worlds population has O- blood the 30% then becomes quite a high number. Im curious chanel, what is your blood type?

posted on May, 9 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Ive been having seizures this past 2 years and I have hormonal imbalances....there were a few times in which I have felt like spirits or aliens or a higher power were trying to connect with me.

I also have had one seizure experience when I heard a LOUD BASE blast from what I interpreted as an alien spacecraft and saw it approach me and the rest of that day is a blank....

Im now on medication for seizures and have not had any for a couple months now...but i cant help but wonder if someone or something was trying to reach me for reason or purpose....

posted on May, 10 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have tonic-clonic epilepsy with the occasional partial seizure myself that started later on in life due to heterotopic grey matter and acquired brain injury.

Have you ever been assessed for non-epileptic attack disorder? It sounds like a perfect description.
----

Trista - those experiences are things doctors call 'auras' that are commonly experienced prior to seizures, they can be a very helpful aid in getting to safety prior to a seizure and determining where in the brain the seizure originated.

You can experience visual, auditory, taste, smell and a general off feeling. The type of hallucination experienced should be noted in a seizure diary and discussed with a neurologist or epilepsy nurse at the next appointment to help build a better picture. Memory loss and profound confusion after a seizure is common feeling and is in my opinion the worst part of the post-ictal seizure state - though very strong tranquilisers such as Clobazam help with that. Alternatively if there's a friend or family member who can help fill in any blanks the seizure has caused it massively alleviates the uncomfortable feeling of having no idea what happened.

I don't want to sound dismissive of your experience or interpretation just posting what can hopefully be useful medical info or an explanation of how perception is altered during a seizure and all kind of odd thoughts/general confusion can occur.

top topics

join