It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is homosexuality such a polarizing topic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Why do people have so much emotional energy invested in this subject, why worry about what other people do if no one is being harmed?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I agree, what one does in their bedrooms is no ones business. I never ask my friends about their sexuality or what they do behind their bedroom door. It is not my business or my worry. There are so many things going on in this world than to worry about ones private life. Do something nice for humanity with the wasted effort you are spending thinking and screaming about ones sexuality.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I speculate it has much to do with primitive concepts of sexual identity.

I've never fallen in line with the social dictates as to how my gender is "expected" to behave, and while I am hetero in my relationships of that nature, I cannot understand how so many continue to subscribe to the strict Barbie/Ken mentality in regards to interpersonal relationships.

It's like they took a page out out of Freud and reduced the entire human species to it's simplest duality.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I can't speak for all people but as a Christian there is this little problem with our direction from God regarding homosexuality. It isn't condoned, matter of fact it's condemned.

I'm sure a large portion of the population take their direction from their faith though some get lost in their own hate. Homosexuality in the Christian belief system is a sin...not THE sin but A sin. As a Christian I am also a sinner no better that any other sinner including homosexuals. I think some Christians forget that Christ died for the sinners not the righteous. We all need salvation and we all deserve love.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 9/28/2010 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I'm passionate about the subject because I believe strongly in equal rights, so a thread about homosexuality usually draws me in.

KL has a good point, too, but I don't see Christians trying to outlaw using God's name in vain or not keeping the Sabbath holy. The "sin" of homosexuality has a special place in many Christians hearts, as if it is their mission to make everyone follow the rules of their religion... as if it's their business to legislate to others to live according to Christian standards.

I really don't understand the single-minded obsession many have with the sex lives of other people... It just amazes me.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The issue is only as big as society makes it BH. You know if there were groups of people, in a very public way, gathering and protesting against some other Christian canon, we would see similar protest. It doesn't have to do so much with the gravity of the law as it does with the stance against it....

edit on 9/28/2010 by kinglizard because: wording

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The more that a person has homophobic tendencies, the more likely that they are a homosexual. To many people care to much about what outher people think.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
maybe it has something to do with the fact that um it is the bottom where waste comes out so people might just be ew...

and really freak out about it?

top topics

join