It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are their heads covered?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Another reason, I think they are wearing hoods is because it adds to the terror. Maybe its just me but the videos are a little bit scarier because they have hoods on. Yeahk, they say who they are, but that's all just talk as long as they have those hoods on. I could rob a bank tomorrow with a hood on and say my name is so and so but without seeing my face the police have no idea who they are looking for. Another thing is maybe they are wearing hoods because they are not done yet. If they showed their faces the troops over there would know what they looked like and there would be more chance of the terrorists getting caught and thus not completing their mission. Just my opinion.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by USAFSF]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The initial point of this thread still stands:

Why wear a mask if you give your name?

Why? Because youre not who you say you are. Simple misdirection.

Originally posted by jsobecky
.....2. If an ally were to commit an act to strum up anti-terrorist support (again, why?), then it would be much more effective to commit an act that would kill many Americans, not just the beheading of one. Doesn't make sense.

They have already done this to great affect.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clandestine
The initial point of this thread still stands:

Why wear a mask if you give your name?

Why? Because you?re not who you say you are. Simple misdirection.

That is not logical. There are many reasons as you have seen here.

The fact that the area is crawling with coalition forces and that as soon as those faces were seen, every soldier and policemen would have their photograph never comes into it, does it?

Names are useless for tracking people down in Iraq.

Imagine your name is John Smith and you are committing this crime in a country where there are lots of John Smiths. Imagine the country that you are in has had half of it's records destroyed. Imagine that there is no technology that has your photo on file. Imagine that the communtiy that you are in supports your action and that if the police come for you there are hundreds of people in the neighbourhood willing to fight them off with rocket launchers, grenades and guns.

You think that stating your real name is going to get you caught?

The only way you're going to get discovered is if you leave the area and somebody recognises your face.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Yes, I genuinely do. Be it Intelligence, or Special Forces, I'm sure they could round them up.

Why bother giving your name at all? What purpose does that serve? Why needlessly give anyone a clue as to your identity?

To commit a heinous act such as this, then give the enemy a head start on your ID (who will without doubt want to kill you), THAT, my friend, makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
just for fun...

they dont want to go thru the trouble of seeking royalty from the US govt for having their faces displayed on playing cards.

they dont want their parents to realise that theyre not actually studying engineering in the US.

they fear that they would not be taken seriously coz theyre much too handsome to be terrorists.

they dont want their grandmothers to come down and drag them home by their ears and set them straight.

they have muslim names but are pig-faced.

theyre actually bush, rumsfeld, powell & co playing wag the dog and of course rice taking the crap videos.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Yes, I genuinely do. Be it Intelligence, or Special Forces, I'm sure they could round them up.

Then you are displaying the fact that you have no knowledge of the subject.
Everyone knew Saddam Hussien's name and with everyone looking, it still took a year to catch him.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Then you are displaying the fact that you have no knowledge of the subject.
Everyone knew Saddam Hussien's name and with everyone looking, it still took a year to catch him.

Firstly, questioning my knowledge of the subject does nothing to strengthen your argument.

Secondly, you cant compare the search for a former head of state to that of a terrorist. Saddam would have had has many, many more resources and loyal friends at his disposal than Mr Joe terrorist. And you said it yourself he WAS caught.

Thirdly, you havent addressed my questions:

Why give their names at all? What purpose does this serve?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
why do they have their heads covered?

one reason: THEY ARE COWARDS!

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
ive not seen the videos so can someone confirm this.
i believe that there are usually 4 or 5 terrorists + victim in the beheading videos. did all 4/5 of them give their names?

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Secondly, you can?t compare the search for a former head of state to that of a terrorist. Saddam would have had has many, many more resources and loyal friends at his disposal than Mr Joe terrorist.

Would he? He might have had a few friends but he certainly would have had far more enemies. In fact, 99% of the country was probably looking for him at any one time. Resources mean jack - as you can see by his eventual hiding place.

As to why the terrorists have given their names? Well, in their little part of the world, they are feted like heroes. They're probably proud of what they did and why would they want anonimity from their neighbour's admiration? As already stated: they only have to stay in the area of Fallujah to be safe, so why not claim some credit from those around them who laud this sort of thing?
They probably think that they are on a winning team too - a possibility if you believe the Western media and some popular opinion. Why hide? Once your team wins don't those who took part get rewarded?

As Andy Warhole once said - everyone get's their 10 minutes of fame - most go looking for it. Do you think that these guys are any different?

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Abu Mus'ab Al-Zarqawi

So...you think he'd walk right out for there with a mask on? How many Iraqi civilians do you see walking around the streets with their faces covered? Dont you think it would be a little suspicious of him to walk right out of their after the beheading with a towel wrapped around his head?

If he even so much as showed his face in Iraq coalition forces would be all over him like Ricki Lake guests on a birthday cake. Dont try to tell us that he covered his face in the video so that nobody could identify him, everyone knows what he looks like.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by cargo]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

As to why the terrorists have given their names? Well, in their little part of the world, they are feted like heroes. They're probably proud of what they did

Thats a good point, terrorists do love to revel in the destruction they cause. It makes them feel righteous.

and why would they want anonimity from their neighbour's admiration?

They arent who they say they are. They have created anonymity by wearing masks. They used the names to misdirect, to make everyone look the other way. Why give your name and then wear a mask? Everybody knows what you look like.

Its far too convenient. I just dont buy it.

These are truly barbaric acts, but I can not stress enough the lengths these people will go to to achieve their goals.

The end, in their minds, justifies their means.

LL1

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Looks like they picked up some very bad habits of the KKK, but this time they have flipped it. Examine very closely their statements.

Q

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Excellent pics, Cargo! The many faces of Zarcawi...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join